MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@stalker1234  
No problem, friend! 👍 I know they’d want to make fun of me too, so I want to get rid of that account ASAP. 😋

Anyway, sorry to get off topic. My personal theory on G5 is that all the G4 characters will be brought back. Even if it wasn’t the original plan, I think they’ll cave into fan demand, hopefully. Maybe even bring back the original FiM writers to do this series justice.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
I honestly am not sure what has been happening in this thread today, but:

1. If there is a problem including any harassment or death threads being sent to people on this site please report the offending content or the profile doing it with a link to the harassment.

2. If this is all about off site drama, please report the drama on that other site and keep that off site drama off of this site.

3. Please don’t use this thread as a chat room. If you want to have a private chat with someone else use PMs.

And now please let’s get back to discussing and speculating about G5.
Background Pony #9485
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I’ve seen like 70% of it. xD The uploader didn’t put the first 30 minutes or so.

I’d say maybe a 7/10? I will admit compared to the mlp movie, I like this one better. For the record, no I do not think it’s ‘better’ than the G4 series, just the movie.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
@Ciaran

Thanks, it’s good to be able to freely say if I like this new series or not and be respected if she said I don’t like it, but I think that most of the opinions will be after the film, the other thing I will see directly, denouncing. Thank you
Background Pony #9485
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I mean, there are still problems with it, which for the sake of spoilers, I won’t talk about. But overall, I liked it. I’ll probably like it even more when I watch a clearer version I can understand, xD
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
It’s a bit strange to see how close we are to the movie’s premiere. It even seems like it was yesterday that the first information about G5’s existence were leaked! But it was, like, almost four years ago?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Mikey  
I argue they could have been new as reinterpretations.

That was the draw for me at least. Develop them into different characters.

Everyone trying to stuff the new ones into neat boxes of the old characters tells me it would have worked.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@WyrmSpawN  
I see I’m not the only one who didn’t mind the redesigns.

I find it funny how people were so opposed to Ghetto AJ since she seemed to differ from rural AJ. Even though Rainbow Dash from G3 is the complete opposite of her G4 counterpart.

I even saw people make it out to be some attack on southerners or something like that lol.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Not so much an attack as an admission they didn’t cotton to those kinds of people. Said so in the leaks that the designs were discovered in.

But it could have worked. I think that rough, inner-city lout that they thought of could have an arc dedicated to becoming what g4 Aj pretty much started out as. That’s a journey worth seeing with so much more against her.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide