MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #121A
A recently revealed piece of information has shown when the movie was developed; it was in 2018-2020 - and all experience has shown that most of the work is over in the first half when the story is “stuck”. Which is meant the movie is based on summer 2019 to winter / spring 2020. It is long before the decision to make G5 a continuation of G4 by reusing the lore rather than restarting, just as the writers had decided to do in the movie. Thus, we see features straight from a period in the US that are not exactly encouraging - and the wrong starting point that in the autumn of 2020 had become undesirable.

That’s why the movie is 100% G5, probably the idea was to make G4 pure entertainment by making their story unknown or myth-based, unfortunately it means that the decision to switch to the G4 lore in retrospect has put the movie in a bad place . And very fortunately, it seems that the character gallery that makes up the Mane 5 is the best in the movie, and thus has become the mainstay. The writers who will continue from the movie, now have a lot of work to “straighten out” the G5 as a sequel from the G4. The idea of ​​the vanished magic is now reminiscent of a bad idea, critics suggest this by pointing out two weaknesses; the plot is too weakly developed and the finale is not strong enough. It could only have happened when the idea was to have a break with G4.

It does not get any better by discovering that advertisers had conveyed “wrong” impressions through the many images, animations and recordings that were sometimes deliberately manipulated in violation of rules of conduct, so that there is a lot of speculation and high pressure of expectations that can backfire.

There is a lot that unfortunately needs to be fixed, but fortunately it seems that there is a strong will that has shown itself in this year (2021), which will do what needs to be done for a continuation of the G5. We already have perfect characters who have become popular and interesting, and a future friendship problem as Pipp and Zipp have a stressful relationship with each other.

It’s not the action that will be the best thing about the movie - it’s characters that make up the Mane 5 and everyone else.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
it’s characters that make up the Mane 5 and everyone else.

Shouldn’t that be the most important part? Seeing how critics are reacting to this movie, I’m thankful that it seems like this movie is a vast improvement from it’s predecessor.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Got my access to Netflix all sorted out. I just hope it’s available in Canada. I get off work just after midnight on Friday, so I might just come home and watch it then.
Background Pony #93C5
@DerpyFast  
Wow, I wonder how does airing in Netflix work? You can watch anything anytime those are avaliable or watch things on air like in typical TV shows? The former is the better I hope…
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Pipp seems to be Queen Haven’s greatest propaganda tool.

Haven seems to rule by approval. The queen’s like an ancient Greek tyrant or Roman emperor vying for her people’s love to keep herself in power.

Maybe she even genuinly improves her subjects lives to an extent too, although that remains to be seen.

But she is keepimg the truth from them. It reminds me of how Pesistratos, an Ancient Greek nobleman tuened dictator found a woman Phye who looked like Athena and this “Athena” proclaimed Pesistratos as the leader of Athens. I wonder if a similar story happened to Queen Haven’s rise to power.

Her style of rule contrasts with how say a unicorn would rule where they would create a distance between royals and normal ponies.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
She also seems a little funner and more lively.

Phyllis has a raspy old voice. And from what it seems she seems to be stricter to her son. Phyllis seems kind of old fashioned too. She looks like a middle aged woman from the 1980s. Also Phyllis just screams Karen except this time she is your manager.

Phyllis seems to be an unlikeable btch. At least Haven seems like a fun lovable btch.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Wow. I guess Coral lost herself when she lost her eggs. She was reincarnated into a pony. And she decided to build defenses so that what happened to her family won’t happen to the Maretime Bay’s inhabitants. And then overtime she became more consumed with money and became distant with her son and was corrupted into a state of paranoia and greed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide