MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Little red man’s evil, right? Gee, who could ever see that twist coming with how they set him up? Whatever happened to subtly?
Background Pony #9485
I wonder if they saw the whole twilicorn drama and decided to replicate it by making Sunny an alicorn. Jury’s still out on whether it’s permanent or not though.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I’m going to put my thoughts in just one post, so I don’t get accused of spamming now. I was doing the multiple posts, because I thought others would be doing the same.

I’m at 6:18 now. God, Sunny’s voice is so annoying. Sounds like she’s trying too hard to be cute. Like Cozy Glow without the evil. Also, this story is so depressing and bad. Why did Equestria fall like this?! Where is our Goddess, Princess Twilight?!??!?!! Please, give us the answers, Hasbro!!!

At 6:26, as Sunny was falling asleep, she had a Spike plushie in her room, but in morning, it disappeared. Did someone steal it or is this movie’s animation more lazy and filled with errors than anyone anticipated?

At 7:21, man, that was a bad transition. So that explains the Spike disappearing, she went from being a kid to an adult. She barely even looked any different. The only way I noticed that it was years later was that she was talking to the picture of her dad. I was like “Your dad is alive, who does that for a living person?” And only then I noticed also that her voice was different.

At 7:59, song is okay so fad, but not very great. Sounds too digital and pop-y. Not like a Daniel Ingram song.

At 8:39. I feel like they went with the worst idea for a story ever. Who wants to see Equestria with everything we loved about Equestria taken away?

Man, Hitch has an annoying voice.

Just realizing how stupid it is that Sunny and Hitch are such good friends. IF THE MAGIC OF EQUESTRIA IS STILL KNOWN, HOW IS EQUESTRIA FALLEN APART SO MUCH?!!?!?!!?!!?!

So far, I still only liked the first few seconds.

Who thought any of this was entertaining?

None of this is fun to watch. Just a bunch of dumb noise. Now she’s on some stupid contraption getting mashed peas chucked at her. What’s the story?! Who wants to see this?! I don’t like any of these characters.

So far, I’d give this about a 1/10 or a 0/10 without the first few seconds.

At 18:03. I know that that’s Izzy coming, but I wish it were Twilight. This movie would be over in five seconds if it were. This story just makes no sense at all.

So is Izzy brain damaged or are the Unicorns less bigoted than the Earth Ponies? She has no awareness of why everypony is scared of her.

At 19:53, so they import films starring Unicorns, but they still hate Unicorns? Makes no sense.

Gonna post these now since I reached the first 20 minutes. Will post more updates as I keep watching.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Boy, oh boy, the idea of Unicorns not having magic has got to be the most creatively bankrupt and awful ideas anyone could possibly imagine.

22:59 Okay, “I know what you’re thinking” setting him off and making him run away was kinda funny and a good line. First positive point I’ll give it outside of the intro.

23:21 “That was many, many, many moons ago.” HOW MANY?!?!?!!?!!??!!?!!! TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second song sounds pretty okay. I like the instrumentation, but the singing is kinda annoying. G4 voices sounded better.

26:39 God, Red Man is so annoying!!!! This is our villain?! Just awful.

28:13 Here’s Zipp! The only character in the whole film with a somewhat decent color scheme.

29:57 This purple girl is Pipp?!?!?!?! I thought that was the Earth Pony boy. WHO CAN KEEP TRACK OF THESE NAMES?!?!!?!!?! Whatever happened to unique and good names like G4 had?!!?!?!!?! Nobody is gonna forget Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity or Applejack. Come on!!!!!!

Also, the stupid Instagram emojis are just dumb.

31:17 Okay, I despise Queen-y.

32:56 Will the dumb and stupid awful Red Man join the Mane Five to become the new Mane Six at the end of the film or will he remain evil? I hope they just kill him, because he sucks.

NOOOOOO!!!! THEY GAVE THIS GUY A SONG?!!???!?! This sucks!!! 🤢

I guess some of those lyrics were kinda funny, but also extremely dumb. What even is this movie?!

36:43 Zipp and Pipp are related?! I thought it was just bad naming.

WHERE IS TWILIGHT SPARKLE?!?!?!!!?!?!?!

38:10 Pipp or whatever her name is is apparently just as evil as Little Red Guy, so I bet they’re both going to get redeemed, meaning we’ll have two boys in the Mane cast. FUCK!!!! 😑

There’s still nearly an hour left, why is it so long?!??!?!!

Why is there English text?!?!?! What was wrong with the fun Ponish that was in G4?! I mean, I know that wasn’t always consistent, like when the sign said “Welcome Princess Celest”, but for the most part, we never saw English text and it was fine. Why take that away?!

40:34 OH, COME ON!!!!! They can’t fly either?!??!!?! It’s like someone came along and said “Let’s ruin the G4 universe as much as possible and they just took out everything fun!!!!!”

41:13 Twilight’s cutie mark. Okay, give us those answers about what happened to her now. I can’t wait any long.

41:45 NOTHING?!??!!!?! OKAY, THAT’S IT, THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Just finished the movie. I’ll only say I love it! All my other opinions are related to my country’s dub, which probably won’t matter for some (I do have to say I love how the “Glowin’ up kind of love” line was translated/adapted here, it makes the song sound more personal).
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
So, was G4 real or fictional? Or did they originally think it was fictional until later when it was proven real? Also, was the disappearance of magic and/or the cutie marks being on one side ever explained?
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
Gillian Berrow and Robert Cullen voiced characters and Sprout’s singing voice was done by one of the movie’s composers. Criator cameo for the win! Plus, Will Friedle and Kari Wahlgren are part of the additional voice cast, I like it.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
And I just saw that apparently there isn’t non-English dubbing credits in the end. I feel sorry for those who will try to catalog non-English versions to put on MLP Wiki or The Dubbing Database.
Background Pony #9485
@Wiimeiser  
Not mentioned as ‘real’ or fictional, but there are implications that it was ‘real’. Nope on the disappearance of magic and nope on cutie marks.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
44:07 Zipp is going to be Queen one day?! Disgusting!!! Hopefully a return of Princesss Twilight can put an end to that idea!!!

44:57 Now this song, SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly the type of music I hate!!!!!!!

48:21 Look who it is, it’s Sandbar! JK, looks like him, though.

50:28 Little Red is the worst villain in MLP history. So bad that I refuse to learn his name.

51:10 So his mommy didn’t even want him to be evil but he is anyway?! Ugh.

52:46 “You know what would be great right now? Let me think, something like, the ability to fly!!!” I think Zipp just gained fourth wall awareness and was directing that line at the writers.

55:40 Decent scene with Izzy, but now stupid Hitch is like “I wanna do my part.” Too late bitch, get the fuck out!!!

56:20 Izzy lives in a Hobbit Hole?

56:55 Oh, shut up, Sunny! You clearly never learned anything about the Magic of Friendship!!! Princess Twilight would be very disappointed in you!!!

Too many songs!! Bring back Daniel Ingram!!!!

This song is called “Fit Right In”?! Okay, now that is an insult to FiM!!! There was already a song called that!!!!! Remember, Rarity and Yona?!!?!?! Jeez!!!

“Shake our Unicorn butts.” Seriously?! 😑

Now rapping?! 😑

Awful.

1:00:38 God, this is just stupid.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
And I just saw that apparently there isn’t non-English dubbing credits in the end. I feel sorry for those who will try to catalog non-English versions to put on MLP Wiki or The Dubbing Database.

I was wrong, there actually are dubbing credits for one or two non-English versions.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide