MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Changing the subject a bit, the print screen button isn’t allowed in Netflix, right? I was watching the movie for the third time and I wanted to do some print screen but it just didn’t work.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I would forgive everything in this movie if they just bring Twilight back. They can even make it into a story arc about bringing her back, just tell us what happened to her and give us that foreshadowing immediately in the first special. Please. 😔
Background Pony #9485
I think Pipp suffers a little from too little screentime, but at least it wasn’t to Applejack and Fluttershy’s levels in their movie.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Phoenixflambe

It’s a good question. MLP has never really been good about explaining death in general, probably because it’s a bit morbid for little children. But it begs the question: Do ponies die? In theory, yes, but it’s rare when it’s even so much as suggested. Seems like we’re often led to believe that ponies somehow live forever, which is not necessarily a bad thing either, since it is all just fantasy anyway. Will they ever elaborate on what happened to Argyle? Perhaps. (Then again I don’t think it ever was revealed what happened to Pear Butter & Bright Mac you just know that they are gone.) That little shot with the glasses and the necklace by the photograph really made me choke up though.

@Wiimeiser

Yeah same here. Really felt like the movie could have done without one of either Pipp or Zipp. Having two pegasi in the main group seemed to come at the expense of character development/screentime for both.
Background Pony #121A
@Pinto Bean
Phyllis is definitely alive but if that was the case, how did Argyle disappear or pass away.

Thought it was a cheap trick by the script writers to create more sympathy for Sunny and make her more special, but then we discovered that the lighthouse has secrets, and Argyle was actually an enigmatic pony that the G5 is not done with. We’ll probably see more of him later, not least when Sunny has to find out what her father knew and had learned about how the magic disappeared, why no one could remember and why he died. Could it be that Argyle knew too much and was eliminated?

There are many questions after the movie, and Argyle is in several of these. We’re not done with him.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
Thought it was a cheap trick by the script writers to create more sympathy for Sunny and make her more special, but then we discovered that the lighthouse has secrets, and Argyle was actually an enigmatic pony that the G5 is not done with. We’ll probably see more of him later, not least when Sunny has to find out what her father knew and had learned about how the magic disappeared, why no one could remember and why he died. Could it be that Argyle knew too much and was eliminated?
There are many questions after the movie, and Argyle is in several of these. We’re not done with him.

This could also be a possibility. Maybe he’s stuck in some alter dimension or faked his own death and is on some secret quest. He’s an interesting character. We shall see.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the topic of design. Design choices are a reflection of what the designer considered important. That’s part of the fun of consuming art: it gives you a window into how other people see the world.

Which brings me to the abandoned station scene. What if we treat it not just as a backdrop, but as a location that was designed by in-universe ponies? The Bridlewood and Maretime Bay posters were designed by ponies. Ponies who felt that depicting all three types of pony was important. The stained glass frames the entrance to the station. It prominently displays a unicorn, a pegasi, and Twilight’s cutie mark. The designers of the station wanted those symbols, and what they represent, to be the first things ponies saw when visiting Zephyr Heights. That’s how much it meant to them.

It’s such a powerful scene, because it’s where the weight of what’s been lost finally hits.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide