MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #DADC
When Sunny was transforming I was thinking about Digimon 2 Digievolution Theme. ’La la la la… La la la la… La la la la la la…’
Background Pony #FE5E
A couple of people have said that the G5 show might focus on a different group of ponies.

OK, think logically.

Why would Hasbro have an entire movie focus on the main characters, only to focus on a different group of ponies for the show?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Actually, thinking about it, focusing on a new group might have some merit.

Someone who’s having a little more problems with the new paradigm, maybe has more room to grow.

Like I stressed, unless they make Sunny the new leader, what do you do with an activist who actually wins?
Background Pony #11AF
@NamelessNP  
Good catch.

Although, maybe they might introduce more ponies. And maybe, there could be a chance of Twilight appearing.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
A couple of people have said that the G5 show might focus on a different group of ponies.

They actually did that with G1 after the first two specials.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
The new characters aren’t well developed enough

That’s what the show is for, and the 44 minute short in 6 months. I guess the mane 6 were just instantly developed in the FiM Pilot, huh?
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Mikey  
I felt like they were perfectly developed. Each character in FiM had way more personality within their first minute than any of the G5 characters had over an hour and a half.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide