MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
can i say that i’m impessed at how the new main 5 are all pretty distinct from the mane 6? nobody feels like just “the pinkie pie” or “the fluttershy” they all feel like their own charater.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
@Angrybrony

Yeah the fact they didn’t just 1:1 clone any characters over is great, I know there’s some Zipp/RD arguments but even they have a lot of differences. Helps em stand apart from the G4 cast so there’s not as many comparison arguments lol
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@EquusStorm  
I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the M6 were inspirations for them but I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing, and they do feel like they’re able to stand out on their own
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Yeah they definitely have some elements of the M6, and can tell which characters inspired em, but far enough away that they stand well on their own. Pretty well done in my opinion.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
As much as I’m glad we’re full 3D now (Flash animation admittedly feels dated to me in 2021) there are certainly some angles where things look a bit off, that said horses are ridiculously difficult to animate well so probably hard to get it too much better than we have it
Background Pony #FE5E
Dark theory: Phyliss took out a contract on Argyle because he was a threat to the status quo.
Background Pony #6E1D
@Dex Stewart  
Probably. And it find it ironic that you brought up Kirk vs Picard, considering those two appeared together on one occasion.  
But again, probably.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
The fact that I managed to laugh at the product placement parodies in the movie really says a lot about it. Like I never thought that a horse pun based off of Nike’s, Spotify or McDonald’s would get a laugh out of me.
natef

I don’t know why but “My sparkle is aquamarine? That’s like my sixth favorite color!!!” always makes me snicker.
Background Pony #CC20
Who is the most dank and normie of the G5 ponies?

I would like to see a ranking.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide