MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #CF24
The mere thought of having to watch my back for the duration of G5 of a return of anything EQG related legit fill me with dread and nausea. I thought I could have been on the ride for G5 but I can’t. EQG was such an assholish, blindsinding bitch move to do from Hasbro that I don’t think I can indulge in G5 as carelessly as I did for G4. And if they do return, I even think it will be twice as retarded and lore breaking as the original which was already pretty careless. Does the EQG world stayed frozen in time, trapped forever in that simulacra of the late 2000s? Or will they be a futuristic Jetsons-esque which is another layer of grotesque on the top of an already huge pile of idiocy. And what is there to gain from EQG, now that the pony world evolved enough to reach the technological Era that EQG obviously achieved by Twilight Era? Those are not questions that I want to see answered, I even sincerely thought that it will be a useless tangent like it was for G4, no one have anything to gain from an EQG return except Hasbro shareholders. In that aspect, EQG deserve praise, it’s mere existence in the MLP franchise managed to sour me on G5 and I’m the first to be sorry about that
Background Pony #FE5E
What if in G5, The real Grogar comes to search for his bell?

Like at the very end of the S1 finale, Grogar appears.

“Greetings, puny equines. I…am Grogar. And I’ve come for my bell”.
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
Huh well if that’s the case then I can certainly by this being the same place just far in the future. Still whatever happened must have been truly horrific to wipe all that came before out like this. Then again their world has no shortage of potential suspects. Makes me wonder if this is the same world could we potentially see a return of Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow since they were petrified?

The three are not murderous and ruthless enough, Chrysalis who had come to hate the ponies is more of a magical creature than most others, Tirek is hardly more than a destructive and dictatorial bully - he had wanted to destroy the windigos - and Cozy Glow is a riddle to which we had never received an answer; but she wants power and recognition, not death and destruction. Sombra comes close, but the cancellation of magic will not be in his interest. The fact that the three crystals were magically active all the time in the movie, shows that only these with great magical power can resist, like the Crystal Heart. The fake “knights” from S10 are probably not capable of doing anything so outrageous.

Then there is so far only one possible candidate on the list, his bell was seen in the lighthouse and it is suspicious that the glasses, medallion and picture of Argyle were in the same place as where the bell was seen while he was alive. (The bell is still in the lighthouse) We know little about the G4 / G5 Grogar, but he is portrayed to be as dangerous and monstrous as in G1, where even Megan Williams had to be on guard against him.

At least there is a consolation here; the ponies have not forgotten the friendship, so Twilight has never really failed. But now Sunny must not only re-establish friendship, she must also re-establish hope more than anything else; Queen Haven and Alphabittle looked to her as she planted hope in them. As long as she is faithful to her beliefs and can inspire hope, friendship and love, the world will be better.
Guiding Passion

Unicorn Magical Girl
@Background Pony #121A  
I wasn’t trying to imply that they caused the catastrophe more I was wondering if they might resurface in this gen since it’s the same world and they were petrified and thus essentially in a form of stasis. That being said what you said is as good a possibility for what caused the catastrophe as anything else at this point from the sound of things.
Background Pony #121A
What if in G5, The real Grogar comes to search for his bell?
Like at the very end of the S1 finale, Grogar appears.
“Greetings, puny equines. I…am Grogar. And I’ve come for my bell”.

Do not think we will see Grogar right away, it is possible that he will be saved until the final on G5 - maybe S3 or in a separate movie after the TV series.

If he had been able to break through the barrier after several thousand years, and then come in contact with the magic he had left behind in Everfree, but could not expand the scratch - he needs to become much magically stronger. He needs fear. He will create a spell that will “cut out” all active magic, without jeopardizing the magical world, with gradual memory erasure and “planting” of obsessions on all who are affected. But to use the spell he must have enormous magical power, and this he does not send through the barrier. So he will destroy the magic of Everfree, transform the energy into the spell in the shelter of the explosion that will take out his most dangerous opponents. Then he could sit for decades after decades, receiving fear magic perhaps from all over the world to become stronger, and thus be able to break through the barrier and take Equus.

In the end, he will be strong enough, and can break through to Equus with his city Tambledon which will house an army of warriors and monsters. Even without the bell, he will become very powerful, as he can assimilate and process fear magic without using the bell which is really his tool as these wands in the Harry Potter Universe. With the bell, he will use magic more effectively, even if it is empty - and most importantly; he can assimilate all magic with this. True hopelessness and despair will occur if Grogar comes to Equus.

As several had speculated, Grogar is possibly the best candidate as the final opponent of Sunny at the end of the G5.
Background Pony #CF24
@Mikey  
A little bit tho but my main grip here was the possibility of Hasbro shoehorning yet more Monster High ersatz on a show that is clearly not designed for this setting. I didn’t liked. At all. being so completely blindsided the first time by something litteraly no one asked for (even Twilicorn was at least theorized as being the endgame in 2011) and that is not an experiment I want to live again  
Tl;Dr I don’t see the point of getting too attached to G5 knowing there the possibility of “Mr. Hasbro” taking a big Monster High shaped dump on it which radiate a cold cynical”ah who cares it’s just a toy line, fuck off you’ll buy it anyway” energy that i feel is counterproductive and an antithesis to what make us like the rebooted IP in the first place

Cynicism in any firm doesn’t fit MLP in any firm and for me EQG is pure undilated cynicism in cartoon form.For a show that was praised for its new sincerity, that’s one particular big nail for the proverbial coffin

@DerpyFast  
I know what I want to say, I concede that I have an hard time being concise but the subject is complex. And it’s on topic, so far it’s theory but it is

@Angrybrony  
It’s not really a judgment of your tastes, it’s just worrying that you people celebrate the exact same thing Faust tried to avoid. I have the weakness to think this aspect is kinda important to MLP post 2009.Again,this is not a condemnation of the real Monster High or Barbie brand, this is just really concerning that you accepted that a brand rescued from the laughingstock heap by someone who had the weakness to care enough to do a correct job got bent out of shape just to mimic an IP that is miles away from MLP
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Speaking of emotional moments the return of the lantern-letter around the fire hit like a sack of bricks, for multiple reasons. Yeah sure that’s probably a pretty generic plot device but god did it do it ever so well. Legit brings me to tears each time I come to that scene
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Also I’m seeing a lot of what I was afraid I would see (though completely expected) now that G5 is started - attempts to drag the convoluted and overly complex lore of G4, which ended two years ago, into a new generation; I know it’s the same world technically but I figure a not-insignificant chunk of the fandom is gonna spend all of G5 complaining about what no-longer-relevant stuff from G4 should or should not be dragged into a new generation instead of enjoying it as is. To each their own I guess, if that’s what makes em happy.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I think i only have about 2 big complaints about the movie, most of the other stuff is just personal or nitpicks.

But if i were to change 2 things i would have expanded on the falling out that Pipp had with Zipp after her performance got ruined and the fact that the royals got outed as being fakes. I felt that didn’t really go anywhere and Pipp just seemed to switch to instantly being happy and pals with everyone during the campfire scene. Would have prefered to see both her and zipp still bickering before both of them apologise and become friends again

Second issue i would have changed was having Sprout get some sort of ACTUAL punishment at the end of the movie instead of just him getting away without a slap on the wrist. Like just throw him in jail, fire him as deputy, hell even just have him be stuck picking up litter and doing community service for the rest of the series!
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
But apart from these 2 issues i can’t thin of an other major flaws or anything, other then i wish the movie was just a little bit longer to fill in these issues.
Background Pony #FE5E
Well, they pulled it off.

The writers made Sunny an activist without making her come off as self-righteous.
Background Pony #9485
For me, some of the transitions were weird. Like why after one failed attempt at uniting the crystals Sunny goes through a heroic bsod? I know there’s a “hero’s lowest point and they rise above it” plot and all, but it didn’t make sense to me. Also, I have to question how the unicorns and pegasi were able to reach Maretime Bay so fast and yet somehow weren’t able to catch up to Sunny and Hitch, and leave enough time for Sunny to discover the third crystal and meet dictator Sprout again?
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Mikey  
The fact that it’s mainly existed to compete with Monster High, and honestly given that I wound up enjoying it, all that comparison ever did was convince me that Monster High wasn’t that bad
Harmony Gladebloom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
On that second point, there could’ve been a short scene at the end consisting of Sprout being saddled with litter duty and having to pick up a smoothie cup discarded by the pony he stole the smoothie and cookies from during Sunny’s song, all as a way to show he did get punished and to have a nice callback to the movie’s opening scenes.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Now I think about it. What are the chances the unicorns don’t really know any spells beyond telekinesis because their spellbooks have rotted away or something?

One would expect that if they’d created the crystals in anticipation of all the magic going away, somepony would have thought to archive the collective magical knowledge of ponykind somewhere. Though even then, it would take a hell of a long time for the unicorns to get back into the swing of things - Twilight and Starlight each studied and practiced for over a decade to get to what we saw. We’d be ready for G6 by the time they’re ready to open the first new magic school.

Either way, seeing Izzy try practicing advanced magic could be quite amusing.
Background Pony #9485
@DoctorWTF  
I can’t see Izzy being interested in advanced magic. She seems more like Rarity, who’d be more interested in learning magic that helps with her talents. Maybe a few other spells like lasers or (tiny) shield depending on how “adventurous” G5 will be.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide