MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #736B
Judging by that one leak, using celebrities for G5 and replacing them with sound-alikes was the plan all along.
Background Pony #736B
Sprout grudgingly respects Sunny because she’s not afraid to be herself, no matter what other ponies think.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Yawn, this episode was okay but it felt kinda… disappointing. It just didn’t have the energy that many of the previous episodes had.
I thought it was going to be about Izzy winning an art contest or something like that.
This one felt kinda boring. I was excited thinking this would be the definitive Izzy episode. I still think it was a mistake to make Pipp a hair stylist and not Izzy.
@Background Pony #736B
I would not be surprised if Sprout was jealous of just how much will she has.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Some details I liked about the trailer:
-It seems to be a continuation of the movie, which makes sense.
-I really like the idea that the unicorns are still learning how to do magic. It makes sense because they have been living without it for many many many moons. It’s not like a unicorn being a master with magic and then being clunky in the next episode.
-I also love that not everyone is gonna be on board with the use of magic. If I’ve learned something about the pandemic among other things, is that not everyone is gonna be on board with a logical solution.
-It’s gonna be really interesting who or what used that dark magic that made the ponies be stick to the ground.
That said, I only disliked two things and I hope it’s not prominent: Sunny being an alicorn and the pop songs. Funnily enough, these were my only two complaints I had with A new generation, so hopefully it’s not gonna be a big deal.
But yeah, the trailer was good.
Background Pony #4545
Have seen the trailer, a bit greatly simplified, as it shows how envy arises in the earth ponies who discovered how the pegasi and the unicorns got great benefits with the return of magic; a sequel from exactly where the movie ended, when we saw the tracks of the earth pony foal. Traces of earth pony magic. And it also shows that the unity crystal can be hypersensitive to irregularities in the pony kind - and that the magic seemed to represent a latent danger that the ponies do not understand. It seems that imbalance opens up for unforeseen consequences, which the unity crystal can be meant to counteract.
At 0.19 we saw how the pegasi lost their magic, and at 0.21 Sunny lost control of her alicorn powers before disappearing. Then a hole appeared that appears to be a dimensional portal, at 1.10 just after a crack appeared on the crystal. Since Izzy could liberate others with her magic, it meant that active magic came from the hole to catch ponies nearby. In fact, on closer inspection, it turned out that only earth ponies were “caught”. Could it mean that the earth pony magic had been activated? In that case, the envy we saw in the trailer may have led to corruption. And when the pegasi tried to free the captured ponies, they got the magic back.
This indicates that the unity crystal has made the pony magic unstable, or perhaps it had become unstable after the end of the G4, and Twilight Sparkle may have made the three crystals as a result. But then it means that the magic in G5 is not reliable, so the ponies must have aids they would not have needed in older times. But Sunny eventually intervenes and makes use of her alicorn powers. In 0.57, Sunny was in total darkness, which indicates that she had plunged into the hole. And we know from an early recording that a rainbow ray came out of the hole.
Undoubtedly, she will discover the magic of the earth pony and show the dissatisfied earth ponies that they also have magic. It would be hysterically funny if they were to smash everything they touch and make plants grow uncontrollably, and find that they can manipulate the elements in the soil. After all, an imbalance must be corrected, and this seems to be Sunny’s job.
Hitch inherited Fluffershy’s talent and the dragon egg appeared to have been found before the drama broke out. With the return of the earth pony magic, the egg can be broken so the dragon will come out into the world. We know from the G4 that the earth ponies and dragons had a complicated relationship from open hostility to indifference, but also that they are “down to earth” in comparison with others.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide