MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #DF4C
How can Twilight Sparkle be a villain in the G5 comic series?
The Unity Crystals are proof that Twilight didn’t become evil. At least I think so. That stained glass shows the three crystals and her cutie mark. She thought of something.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

The argument or idea of Twilight becoming evil in G5 (which is pretty similar to some fake rumours I’ve heard about season 7 back in the day) is absurd. I think people are so bored.
Background Pony #C024
The trailer did not explain everyone, there will probably be many hints for the fans as with the movie, which we can then speculate about.
What is prevalent here is the fact that the magic in G5 is likely to be unstable and erratic in contrast to what is seen in G4, and the Unity Crystals are either meant to stabilize the magic or to maintain the Ponykind as a united people. The earth ponies did not get magic, which is difficult to comprehend, and their dissatisfaction almost overturned everything for the ponies who were dangerously close to disaster. Also, the hints that can be seen in the trailer are reasonably clear that the ponies may have forgotten all about the past and that the magic is sometimes very dangerous.
We know that Discord took the Unity Crystals with him to get rid of the magic, which suggests that something is wrong with the pony magic as he, even in his grief over his friends, is aware that he will never return to Equestria if the magic disappears . When Sunny discovered the crystals on the glass door, they were not united together, and were probably never united, even in Twilight’s time. We know that the lighthouse should have the Unity Crystals, but the plans did not come that far. It is possible that the Unity Crystals were intended as a security request for something to happen to the magic. S8 in G4 has revealed that magic is very unusually easily affected and can disappear or become erratic, Cozy Glow almost destroyed Equus as a magical world. And the arrival of the windigos in S9 showed that the emotional impact on magic is sometimes too strong.
It was early commented on “forcing a utopia” on the ponies. This is, in fact, an underlying tendency of the human writers who drafted the script and then built up the lore of the MLP. The worst example is the windigos, which created a very serious controversy because the motto would then be “be kind to each other, or die”. It has been seen time and time again that these make a utopian world obligatory, almost like a vital justification for existence. That kind of attitude was not in G1 or in the G4 IDW comics. Equus should only exist for the kind who can die out if they stop being kind and happy.
This may be the motive behind the Unity Crystals and the disappearance of magic for the authors, who want to emphasize that kindness, union and happiness should be vital in the world of ponies. Yes, even as the very justification for existence. G4 was a success because Faust understood that one must have aspects of darkness, unhappiness and conflict in the worldview of the G4 Equus, the many villains, dissatisfied and antagonistic ponies and non-ponies were important to show a more gray MLP. This was not always respected through G4.
So G5 should get out of this slot as soon as possible, the “be kind or die” setting must go away. Then the instability of the magic associated with the ponies’ feelings and mood must be eliminated. This may be what caused non-ponies to flee, if the pony magic had become a danger to them as well.
Background Pony #DF4C
How can Twilight Sparkle be a villain in the G5 comic series?
The Unity Crystals are proof that Twilight didn’t become evil. At least I think so. That stained glass shows the three crystals and her cutie mark. She thought of something.
Not only that but both Argyle’s book and necklace have her cutie mark. Why would Argyle put her cutie mark on them if she was an evil queen?
Harmony Gladebloom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
Why does everyone (talking about the fans here btw) keep forgetting that Earth Ponies did get magic? They just don’t know about it since it isn’t as visually apparent. I expect that, along with the after-credits scene of A New Generation, may easily be a plot point in the special.
It remains to be seen how sympathetic the antagonist(s) will be portrayed, since it seems there’s going to be a more direct antagonist role here, and they could just as easily go either way in that regard. I personally hope we get an engagingly sympathetic antagonist with a heartwarming resolution, since that would go far better with the overarching message of unity.
Background Pony #DF4C
@Harmonio
Earth ponies always had magic. We could see that in G4 and then again in G5. I am putting it in spoilers because this question will be answered in the special.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
In all fairness, the tension is quite big compared to a small quarrell but compared to the windigoes, they need the Crystal and yet the idea is that. If you can’t maintain harmony, then their magic is not theirs to have.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Phoenixflambe
Problem is, the movie implied that the crystals were merely a catalyst, and that magic only started failing after pony race relations had completely gone down the toilet (as evidenced by the fact that none of the pony tribes knew that the others were also affected).
And now magic starts glitching out (and the crystals taking physical damage) when things go through a rough patch. Oh-kaayyy…
Harmony Gladebloom
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@Background Pony #DF4C
Of course; that’s more or less what I’m saying here. There were subtle hints and details pointing to Earth Pony magic in G4, and the Earth Pony Crystal as well as the after-credits scene in A New Generation show that they got their magic back (even if nopony is aware).
Background Pony #C024
And that’s the first flaw in the G5. We know the earth ponies got magic in the movie, but the ponies do not know themselves, and the authors behind the special created this until an account of the importance of unity. And exactly this is not particularly wise. The Unity Crystals did not give magic to the earth ponies so everyone could see it. The earth ponies feel that the others had great benefits of magic while they themselves did not notice anything if they have magic. Which is surprising. For in these months they should have noticed increased strength, uncontrolled plant growth and other things related to the land that we had seen with the Pie sisters in G4. This did not happen. In the G4, even a filly could lift a house.
And when the corrupt magic appeared from a hole that had appeared on the ground, it turned out to be earth pony magic since only the earth ponies themselves were affected. But this has become part of a larger account of the importance of kindness, unity and acceptance where the three tribes of the ponies must be together at all costs. Then the authors have made a mistake; one must voluntarily be kind without coercion, that magic be linked to harmony at the expense of life and limb, even at the loss of freedom. The Windigos can be linked to extraordinary events, because we do not know why they attacked the ponies and provoked the great frost. They had become a doomsday weapon, which will exterminate the ponies if they stop being kind to each other. Should the Unity Crystals take Windigos’ place in the G5?
The ponies live together in voluntariness and friendship, but it has been seen that sometimes the human writers who created the MLP went too far and sometimes in dangerous directions. Like when they want to make the Ponykind deeply dependent on their magic that they can lose - and can simply die from their own negative emotions. Then you have a totalitarian utopia reality.
This must be abandoned immediately, the ponies need their independence and freedom for better or worse with a magical background that they can rely on for their existence. Faust understood that, and so do many others. In fact, when I saw violent ponies facing humans (the witches) in the IDW comics - I could only smile at that. Because we know that violence, bullying, mistrust, villainy, evil and insecurity are a central part of a natural life. Even children who grow up are familiar with this. Every world has a dark side.
Also the world of ponies. So this attitude that the ponies must be kind in order not to experience disaster or extinction, must go away. Also by being too rosy and too preoccupied with “goodness” - Fluffershy in the IDW comics was indifferent to predator behavior - while we did something else in an S9 episode.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

On a positive note, I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who’d like to get a closer look at what earth pony magic actually does.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide