MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #B8FA
And that’s the first flaw in the G5. We know the earth ponies got magic in the movie, but the ponies do not know themselves, and the authors behind the special created this until an account of the importance of unity. And exactly this is not particularly wise. The Unity Crystals did not give magic to the earth ponies so everyone could see it. The earth ponies feel that the others had great benefits of magic while they themselves did not notice anything if they have magic. Which is surprising. For in these months they should have noticed increased strength, uncontrolled plant growth and other things related to the land that we had seen with the Pie sisters in G4. This did not happen. In the G4, even a filly could lift a house.
And when the corrupt magic appeared from a hole that had appeared on the ground, it turned out to be earth pony magic since only the earth ponies themselves were affected. But this has become part of a larger account of the importance of kindness, unity and acceptance where the three tribes of the ponies must be together at all costs. Then the authors have made a mistake; one must voluntarily be kind without coercion, that magic be linked to harmony at the expense of life and limb, even at the loss of freedom. The Windigos can be linked to extraordinary events, because we do not know why they attacked the ponies and provoked the great frost. They had become a doomsday weapon, which will exterminate the ponies if they stop being kind to each other. Should the Unity Crystals take Windigos’ place in the G5?
The ponies live together in voluntariness and friendship, but it has been seen that sometimes the human writers who created the MLP went too far and sometimes in dangerous directions. Like when they want to make the Ponykind deeply dependent on their magic that they can lose - and can simply die from their own negative emotions. Then you have a totalitarian utopia reality.
This must be abandoned immediately, the ponies need their independence and freedom for better or worse with a magical background that they can rely on for their existence. Faust understood that, and so do many others. In fact, when I saw violent ponies facing humans (the witches) in the IDW comics - I could only smile at that. Because we know that violence, bullying, mistrust, villainy, evil and insecurity are a central part of a natural life. Even children who grow up are familiar with this. Every world has a dark side.
Also the world of ponies. So this attitude that the ponies must be kind in order not to experience disaster or extinction, must go away. Also by being too rosy and too preoccupied with “goodness” - Fluffershy in the IDW comics was indifferent to predator behavior - while we did something else in an S9 episode.
Sounds like you don’t like when things don’t go the way you want them to go. those comics aren’t canon please don’t bring IDW’s Fluttershy. She is nothing like the way she acts in those comics. Of course the earth ponies wouldn’t know about their own magic. Even in G4 they never really explored it. And guess what? There was no magic for years and years. Do you really think earth ponies would just go “Oh, look. I have magic, too!” if they never noticed or tried to find out? It wasn’t even that essential to their lives but it was essential to the pegasi and unicorns and their culture. Earth ponies always thought they were magicless. A magicless Equestria made no difference to them or to their culture. It even helped the idea that they didn’t have any magic to gain more power. It was finally time they addressed this.
As for the crystal, how can you be so sure? Wait for the special to air first.
Harmony Gladebloom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@Harmonio
@Phoenixflambe
Honestly, I think it’d be most engaging if we see about half of the Earth Ponies disgruntled with the changes brought by magic. That’d be a decent, believable chunk of unrest without full-on mob mentality only a few months after what that very mentality wrought. Plus, it’d also make for a readily apparent disunity between Earth Ponies themselves leading to them getting stuck by their hooves as the Unity Crystals crack (primarily along the Earth Pony Crystal).
That’s enough of my speculation for now though, and I’ll duck out of the loop until the premiere because I learned that Netflix trailers show a ton of important bits leading up to release.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
At this point I’m pretty sure Tell Your Tale isn’t it’s own separate thing and is instead the interquel in between the movie and Make Your Mark.
Background Pony #C024
[Sounds like you don’t like when things don’t go the way you want them to go. those comics aren’t canon please don’t bring IDW’s Fluttershy. She is nothing like the way she acts in those comics. Of course the earth ponies wouldn’t know about their own magic. Even in G4 they never really explored it. And guess what? There was no magic for years and years.
Do you really think earth ponies would just go “Oh, look. I have magic, too!” if they never noticed or tried to find out? It wasn’t even that essential to their lives but it was essential to the pegasi and unicorns and their culture. Earth ponies always thought they were magicless. A magicless Equestria made no difference to them or to their culture. It even helped the idea that they didn’t have any magic to gain more power. It was finally time they addressed this.
As for the crystal, how can you be so sure? Wait for the special to air first.]
Firstly; the difference between IDW comics and the TV series is brought out to show fundamental differences between the authors when it comes to specific topics, such as with Fluttershy and the predators.
Secondly; the earth pony magic is shown primarily by the Apple ponies and the Pie siblings in the G4, although we are not so much refined magic, the earth ponies have demonstrated high potential that has made fans curious. G5 can show this in depth as Sunny, an earth pony, is meant to be an alicorn. The earth ponies are aware of their magic in the G4 and took their pride in this.
Thirdly; external sources of influence on ponies through magic that could have catastrophic results can rightly be judged as an violation of the Ponykind`s freedom as this can be considered coercion and extortion - “do as we wish with your behavior, or take the consequences” . This is approaching totalitarian conditions. Then the Unity Crystals must be “normalized” rather than being a source of dangerous tendencies.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Secondly; the earth pony magic is shown primarily by the Apple ponies and the Pie siblings in the G4, although we are not so much refined magic, the earth ponies have demonstrated high potential that has made fans curious. […] The earth ponies are aware of their magic in the G4 and took their pride in this.
Not really. Outside of Hearth’s Warming Eve and Twilight’s Kingdom, earth pony magic was never a plot point, and aside from Pinkie, nothing the earth ponies did was ever presented as “magical”. Besides, growing crops is a thing non-nomadic civilizations are just expected to do.
Thirdly; external sources of influence on ponies through magic that could have catastrophic results can rightly be judged as an violation of the Ponykind`s freedom as this can be considered coercion and extortion - “do as we wish with your behavior, or take the consequences” . This is approaching totalitarian conditions.
Quick reminder: this was a setting where:
  • every pony had an objective, preordained role to fill
  • one pony ruled by divine right for 1,000+ years
  • supernatural death monsters would freeze everything if the three types of pony didn’t get along
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
Another random theory about Earth Ponies’ magic: Light manipulation. The special’s theme song constantly mentions lights and sparkles and the story’s climax shown in the trailer shows a black hole, which is darkness, the opposite of light.
@Ring Team
Another one? Or it’s just that spoilerific synopsis released alongside the trailer?
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@GoodVibesGorgeous
People just hate MLP and want to see it burn. I mentioned ponies on the Workshop discussions for A Hat in Time, and someone told me to shut up like there were too many pony mods on the Workshop. Here’s a thing: The AHiT Workshop has no pony mods. So any non-zero amount of MLP is still too much MLP for some.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
@Wiimeiser
Yikes! A part of the fandom may tick me off, but not all the hate hurled at them is deserved. I confess that I am quite curious to check out the leak (because of the Earth Pony’s power thing), but I guess I’ll try to wait until the special’s official premiere. I don’t want to read anything awful while I’m looking for the script.
Background Pony #C024
Secondly; the earth pony magic is shown primarily by the Apple ponies and the Pie siblings in the G4, although we are not so much refined magic, the earth ponies have demonstrated high potential that has made fans curious. […] The earth ponies are aware of their magic in the G4 and took their pride in this.
Not really. Outside of Hearth’s Warming Eve and Twilight’s Kingdom, earth pony magic was never a plot point, and aside from Pinkie, nothing the earth ponies did was ever presented as “magical”. Besides, growing crops is a thing non-nomadic civilizations are just expected to do.
Thirdly; external sources of influence on ponies through magic that could have catastrophic results can rightly be judged as an violation of the Ponykind`s freedom as this can be considered coercion and extortion - “do as we wish with your behavior, or take the consequences” . This is approaching totalitarian conditions.
Quick reminder: this was a setting where:
  • every pony had an objective, preordained role to fill
  • one pony ruled by divine right for 1,000+ years
  • supernatural death monsters would freeze everything if the three types of pony didn’t get along
There was a lot about the earth pony magic in G4, but it was not refined in comparison to unicorn magic, as it is internal magic that comes out through the hooves and muscles. In pre-federal times before the pony homeland was lost, the three tribes were in a caste system; the unicorns as the scholars, the pegasi as warriors and the earth ponies as workers. At that time, work was related to muscle power, farming, cultivation and extraction of minerals as valuables out of the earth. It was thus natural that an earth pony is much stronger, has “green fingers” when it comes to plants, has significant expertise in magical utilization of resources underground such as “rock farming”. This shines through in the G4 with the Apple clan and the Pie sisters (not just Pinkie!). In fanon work, there was much speculation as to whether there is a lost doctrine within the earth pony magic, as the earth ponies were very down to earth and little concerned with formalizing their knowledge in older times.
“Setting”;
1); Talent-based magic through the manifestation of the cutie marks has been an important topic for large parts of the G4, revealing how important cutie marks are for the ponies not only culturally but also magically - and this was constantly subject to “studies” (if you can call it CMC`s businesses …) by the the cutie mark crusaders. This is part of the pony magic, but some of the zebras in the IDW comics and non-magic environment in the G5 showed that this went much deeper into the magical background. Cutie marks were there from the very beginning in the MLP.
2); The alicorns were “invented” by Faust who envisioned a classic story of how an ordinary girl became a princess in her work on the G4, with Celestia as a queen with her student as the future princess, and was meant to be timeless - thus “a thousand years”. The political circumstances of Equestria remain very poorly known, but the alicorns stand out with their magical power that makes them among the most powerful in the world, as only the strongest wizards, the most dangerous dragons and magical “super creatures” or monsters, Discord for example, could confront successfully. They were also a symbol of the Pony kind, as an alicorn is a pegasi, an earth pony and a unicorn in one and the same pony. The ponies are herd animals, while the alicorns are shepherds.
3); When the windigos first appeared they aroused curiosity, but it was only with the S6 episode “A Hearth’s Warming Tail” in 2016 that they realized that the doomsday weapon threat was real, the end of the episode was shocking when they saw how an entire civilization was exterminated just because the ponies stopped celebrating. We saw how it started when a pony started asking questions after Snowfall had made an impression (in addition to her magical use). It was from this moment that the ponies’ utopian existence came into strong doubt among the human viewers and fans.
Megan Willis, who was central in the script work where the windigos were shown in the two episodes, had possibly unknowingly transformed a utopia based on friendship, hospitality and voluntary friendship where the ponies previously found this natural, into a utopia where the ponies must survive by be kind to each other, they are deprived of their independence as a result. The utopia that was created in S1-S3 slides towards a dystopia seen through human eyes, where magic became a compulsion rather than a natural part of the background.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
Okay, I can’t wait. Does the leaked script mention what the Earth Ponies’ power is? I’m extremely curious and I don’t think I’ll be able to calm down for a while.
@Former Trini-Mite
I don’t think that’s allowed here.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide