MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #E0DA
One complaint I’ve noticed about Tell Your Tale is that Izzy has been stripped of all the nuance she had in the movie and become a Pinkie clone.
What do you think? Do you think Izzy has been flanderized into Pinkie 2.0? How worried about this are you?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
At times it she feels Pinkie 2.0-adjacent. I wouldn’t say he had a whole lot of depth in the movie, but for most episodes it seems she has only her ditziness to her.
T.U.E.S.day is an interesting case. It ramped up her Pinkie-ness, but at the same time reintroduced some of her more nuanced aspects (ie, her “Uni-cycling” hobby and loneliness).
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Background Pony #E0DA
Tyt is short and quick, so it makes sense that the writers take the nuance of a character, and break them down to just their basic components, e.g. Izzy being optimistic and loud. So she does seem like Unicorn Pinkie. However, I do like the fact that they setup how Izzy is such an outcast that it’s gotten to the point where no other unicorn was there to see her leave,(except for that kid), so she wants to feel accepted by her friends, which I think is different from what Pinkie had. They’re both very needy but it makes more sense for Izzy to be needy.
I’m not that worried cause it seems like she’s is a little bit more chill in MyM. And again I’m not really expecting quality writing for a 5 minutes YouTube show. Though I am expecting better writing from the actual show and I hope she would get better treatment there, so she isn’t casted out to the side for being
a Pinkie clone.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #E0DA
I haven’t watched all the episodes of Tell your Tale, but I don’t think so. And even if she is, that wouldn’t matter, because these are 5 minutes episodes.
If these were 22 minutes episodes, I would understand the complaint because this type of behavior make an episode so much longer. But it’s not the case. You don’t feel you wasted your time with a 5 minutes episode.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’m of the opinion that Izzy is neurodivergent, but able to pass for neurotypical (if a bit eccentric). I think her brain works a lot like mine, where she can’t read the room the normal way (whatever that is), but she’s learned how to make an educated guess on how she’s supposed to act. This is a skill she has honed to the point where it’s a reflex, and she does things that don’t even register as weird until you stop and think about them. She also reflexively self-deprecates when she can see that she’s guessed wrong. One little detail that supports this theory is how she references “medium sneaky” as if Zipp would understand the reference, even though Zipp wasn’t there for it.
She reflexively tries to put a positive spin on things, and my interpretation is that she’s not great at dealing with the negative emotions of others.
Go back and watch the movie with this in mind; I genuinely think it adds an extra layer to her character.
What I’ve noticed is that she’s a bit less filtered now that she’s gotten more comfortable around her new friends. This also supports my theory.
One detail that I really appreciated about the movie is how none of the jokes about her misinterpreting the situation were ever at her expense, so I don’t really like it when TYT does it.
Other than that, I think it’s been a pretty faithful adaptation of her character.
Background Pony #E0DA
Why does Hasbro always have MLP shows produced in Canada? Why not have it produced in the US, so we can have veteran VAs like Tom Kenny or Rob Paulsen in MLP?
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
@Background Pony #E0DA
Because it’s less expensive? They’ve been doing it since My Little Pony Tales, I don’t think it’ll ever change. And the recent Transformers series is recorded in Canada as well, which suggests that all Hasbro series will be recorded there as well.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
They’re a corporation. Their entire motivation is literally just profit.
Artistic integrity or ingenuity is nice an all, but if “good enough” and corner cutting can wring out a few extra profit then of course that’s where they’ll lean.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
You know if considering every g5 material is canon. The order is like out of place. I can’t pinpoint it unless I mix up episodes, comics, and books from g5. Okay I can ignore the books but the shows and upcoming comics don’t seem to have any order I can assemble from.
Background Pony #DF4C
The number of people who don’t know the difference between a wall and a gate is pretty sad.
Twilight didn’t build a wall.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
Yeah I feel like the comics are pretty much just trying to be season 11 now.
I’m not saying they need to avoid any G4 based story But maybe wait-a-bit
Background Pony #457A
Yeah I feel like the comics are pretty much just trying to be season 11 now.
I’m not saying they need to avoid any G4 based story But maybe wait-a-bit
Is there some kind of rule out there that says when sequels should add flashbacks or is it just something that bothers you so much?
Background Pony #457A
Am I the only one who doesn’t care if they add ‘G4 based stories’ (if you can call quick flashbacks that) sooner or later?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide