MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #E2A5
@Background Pony #E2A5
Wait, so Discord actually aged??
It is possible. Does Discord have long and white colored hair that was characterized by coming from an older being? It was this that gave the smell to Cloudpuff which then came all the way to where Canterlot was (it took over three hours to get there), but as soon as he got there the smell was “everywhere”, so the Mane 5 did not find anything until they split up. So Izzy on her own found the cave.
And by looking more closely at the Unity Crystals, it is clear that it is the pegasus crystal that has been captured. Possibly Discord had chosen this particular crystal because he remembered Fluffershy, when he was about to remove the magic. So the hypothesis that he is in mourning over her death is certainly confirmed.
Speaking of which, when Zipp found Discord`s hair, she mentioned something quite quirky - platipony? Unicooger? Pugasus? Are there more sub-breeds of the ponies found in the G5 in addition to these known from the G4?
Background Pony #E2A5
@Background Pony #13BA
It could easily be something he did because he just feels old.
This is Discord we’re talking about. We do not know what had happened, but an interesting random sentence in the comic suggests that it is around a millennium between the end of G4 and G5. And it is possible that he had been stuck in Canterlot for at least a couple of centuries without magic, so it is possible that he would age, if he could use the background magic to keep his physical shell intact.
But then I dare not predict his mental state, he can be very different from the old Discord just as Q had grown old in the last Star Trek series.
Discord’s immortality is linked to his spiritual qualities, we know that his physical shell can age with time until he gained his full power by entering the chaos dimension for the first time.
Background Pony #E2A5
@Background Pony #E2A5
Have we established the loss of magic was world wide and not just focused on the ponies?
We do not know this. The only indication was that the magic also came to the crystals and the critters that have wings (and horns as seen in TVT), but what appeared in MYM may indicate that the pony magic may have spread and cause huge magical disturbances such as deforming of crystals, magical objects and wildlife. So this indication that it applies to the whole world is at risk. Moreover, Discord is a draconequus, and thus partly associated with the magic that belongs to the Ponykind. We still do not know how he came to be beyond the fanon theory of Grogar as his “father”.
MYM makes me wonder if non-ponies had fled Equestria because the pony magic has become a serious threat to them, and may have been of the opinion that the emotional instability in the magic makes the ponies so dangerous, that they are isolated from the rest of the world, even after these lost their magic. So the return of the magic that makes Discord so nervous that ignoring that he puts the ponies in danger can scare non-ponies - and angry. Maybe angry enough to attack the ponies. Those who can sense Sunny as an alicorn may have chosen to wait in the following months, but the events in MYM may force this forward.
Then the matter of the emotional instability and the fact that all magic had to go through the Unity Crystals that we can now guess must function as a door to where the pony magic comes from, must be sorted out and cleared away. The pony magic is too dangerous as long as it is too hypersensitive to emotional fluctuations. I think princess researcher Zipp is aware of that, and that she may have to choose between her dream of flying with the others and security for the Ponykind.
Then I think Sunny and Zipp will be highly motivated to search high and low for Discord when they have got back the pegasus crystal, as they need answers, not just about the past.
Background Pony #457A
@Background Pony #E2A5
Wait, so Discord actually aged??
It is possible. Does Discord have long and white colored hair that was characterized by coming from an older being? It was this that gave the smell to Cloudpuff which then came all the way to where Canterlot was (it took over three hours to get there), but as soon as he got there the smell was “everywhere”, so the Mane 5 did not find anything until they split up. So Izzy on her own found the cave.
And by looking more closely at the Unity Crystals, it is clear that it is the pegasus crystal that has been captured. Possibly Discord had chosen this particular crystal because he remembered Fluffershy, when he was about to remove the magic. So the hypothesis that he is in mourning over her death is certainly confirmed.
Speaking of which, when Zipp found Discord`s hair, she mentioned something quite quirky - platipony? Unicooger? Pugasus? Are there more sub-breeds of the ponies found in the G5 in addition to these known from the G4?
Couldn’t it be a hair of his beard?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Clip Trot.
NGL the bunny jingle is catchy. Can never remember the name despite how much I like the rhyming.
Hooftaps is a nice ponification of Upvote (et al) I guess.
Both of Pipp’s dancing is quite entrancing. Nice animation there.
Izzy still thinks honesty is the best policy.
The gag about being stuck in a cave is both funny and a nice nod to some semi-offscreen bonding moments between the Mane 5.
Alphabrittle’s first appearance is a non-speaking role where he just vibes with the new dance fad. Small moments are appreciated.
Haven is such a good mom. Her daughters started a new dance fad and she’s just there with sparkles in her eyes.
Those aren’t the proto-CMC from the movie. But I guess it’s nice to see more instances of all 3 tribes being friends.
Kinda a meh episode but it worked for what it was. Pipp spent most of the time slightly obnoxious, but it did build up to the climax where she used this for her own remix, which was nice.
Foal Me Once
I honestly wasn’t expecting a Hitch only episode before a Sunny only ep. Is she even the main-main character anymore?
I’m not sure if Hitch likes his job as sheriff more for the justice or for the chance to style. But boy is he living his best life on the job.
“Sheriff station. You got Hitch.” Oh thank god. I had to listen to a couple times but it was just “Hitch”. The phrase “Getting Hitch’d” can still be used for sexy time.
Another allusion to Sprout being missing. We ever gonna address that in TYT?
So according to the height chart Zipp is about 6 tall. 6 of what measurement though?
Lots of easter eggs with the museum’s artwork. That’s nice.
Okay I’m starting to see the plot here. It’s the critters ain’t it?
And Zipp randomly shows up to hang out with Hitch. And she can identify offhand a bunch of random things just happened to be Hitch’s favorite things (one of which is Sunny…) No, really, it’s important that sexy time phrase stay reserved.
Hitch melodrama lends more credence to the belief that he wants to style in his job.
Never thought we’d get characterization for the critters. But this was a welcome surprise.
A solid episode. One that gets elevated from me being filthy shipping trash looking way too into Zipp and Sunny’s utilization here.
T.U.E.S.Day
I hate putting a period after every letter in an acronym.
I like the first 13 seconds of this episode way more than I should. Don’t know why Izzy tribal chanting into a holler appeals so much to me.
I’m a sucker for puns so I like how the conflict revolves around Izzy’s holiday being mistaken for a day of the week.
Also, it sounds like this is an actual unicorn thing instead of an Izzy thing. So “Sparkles” are real then and not something she made up?
Zipp goes to a marathon while Pipp and Sunny goes to work. Are Zipp and Izzy the only ones without a job?
Izzy notices that she is the only unicorn in the group. Something I’ve been thinking about for months.
Likewise another nod to her “unicycling” hobby. Except kinda weak here; in the movie her recycled knick knacks had a real artistic flare to them. Senor Butterscotch looks as half-hazardly tossed together as you’d think a bunch of junk would be.
Izzy then spends the next while being obnoxious. This was what I was worried about in the Nightmare Roommate episode; Izzy being reduced to a inattentive loony.
And more basis for Posey’s turn to evil. I don’t think we ever really saw a villain’s descent into badness (besides Comic Sombra), so that’s nice. Her becoming the next ultimate evil won’t be a shocking turn.
And Sunny’s the one to see the missing string. I like that, she’s the one supposed to be fascinated with and wanting to befriend other ponies. Her figuring the holiday out and having her record book and Izzy not revealing it in some big moment is a nice character check.
Izzy’s mumbo works. The other’s not so much.
Probably the weakest episode so far. Not much else I can say.
Sunny Day Dinners
It took like 8 episodes but we finally got a Sunny episode. Could it be that she’s finally the main character?
“Family Breakfast.” Sunny is bae.
Remember when I said the little moments add up? Izzy putting half eaten food back in the pile is one of those, but in the wrong direction.
A pega-mouse. Most of the time critters have horns instead.
Despite my previous comment, I did chuckle at Sunny chucking the half-eaten pancakes.
Izzy wants to lie to save Sunny’s feelings, but it doesn’t take much pushing for her to go back to being honest.
NGL, Sunny and Izzy having a moment holds a lot more weight than it should since they were effectively the pro and deuteragonist of the movie.
The sign bit had to be a reference to Jurassic Park. I appreciate that.
Izzy lived in a forest. I know that doesn’t mean she can find her way in any forest, but I still feel like something should’ve come from that in this scenario.
Minor chuckle from the other 3 realizing they dun goofed at the same time. Somewhat lessened with Phyllis getting her hair shaved again. I should appreciate this running gag, but I feel like A) Phyllis hasn’t quite earned this level of dunking on and B) after a certain point I’m going to be wondering how she hasn’t caught on yet more than I am laughing about it.
The other’s being that worried about Sunny’s feelings is sweet. Another one of those small moments of characterization, and this goes a long way to showing the bond these ponies have developed.
Hitch and Zipp having a scene together despite meeting up with the others. Look, I’ve already accepted I’m filthy shipping trash. You’re just gonna have to bear with me in my shame. Also, another instance of Hitch getting them lost. I guess that’s a character trait of his.
And a pretty solid episode. It didn’t strive for much but it didn’t need to. What it did do worked.
Background Pony #E2A5
New alicorn. I find it interesting how her horn and wings are physical compared to Sunny’s “energy” horn and wings. Maybe she was born an alicorn like Flurry Heart compared to Sunny who was ascended into one like Twilight and Cadence.
Wait, what? A new alicorn? Who has features that seemed to be taken from Sombra and Radiant Hope in the IDW comics? Very interesting … maybe she’s the intended opponent for Sunny in the G5. In any case, it is easy to see that she is concerned about developments in the south-eastern part of Equestria. And magic that can be seen here can not be pony magic that we know is unstable.
Background Pony #E2A5
New alicorn. I find it interesting how her horn and wings are physical compared to Sunny’s “energy” horn and wings. Maybe she was born an alicorn like Flurry Heart compared to Sunny who was ascended into one like Twilight and Cadence.
Wait, what? A new alicorn? Who has features that seemed to be taken from Sombra and Radiant Hope in the IDW comics? Very interesting … maybe she’s the intended opponent for Sunny in the G5. In any case, it is easy to see that she is concerned about developments in the south-eastern part of Equestria. And magic that can be seen here can not be pony magic that we know is unstable.
Hmm … I think it’s Crystal Empire here. The pony next to the mysterious alicorn (the light distorts her colors so much that she looks ugly) does not have an ordinary unicorn horn, it is made of crystal. A hybrid between a crystal pony and a unicorn. The light from the glass windows at the back indicates that the place is far to the north.
So it can be a future princess verse a princess who can call herself empress. Sunny has got a potential opponent, and the world will tremble when the pony magic stabilizes and the two alicorns will confront each other about the Ponykind’s future.
If the mysterious alicorn is Sombra’s descendant, she will probably lie low, make observations and then strike out unexpectedly or play a game to outmaneuver the Mane 5.
But what could have happened to Fluffy Heart? So many questions!
Background Pony #55DA
The pony’s horn next to evil Alicorn looks like a normal unicorn horn to me, at least in the concept of G5.
Background Pony #E2A5
The pony’s horn next to evil Alicorn looks like a normal unicorn horn to me, at least in the concept of G5.
Looking a little closer at her. It looks like her horn is made of crystal, on the other G5 unicorns the horns are not angular as on her.
Maybe the damaged wing of the mysterious alicorn came from a fight against Fluffy Heart in the past? When Cadence took over the throne of the Crystal Empire, it was after a succession battle. We know little about Radiant Hope, but in the IDW comics it was predicted that she would become a princess - which she had given up to help the traumatic Sombra. But there is a story there, not least since Sombra was king, thus giving some legitimacy to his successors.
The alicorn may be the corrupt Fluffy Heart, but I do not think so, and it is possible that Fluffy Heart may be there somewhere, without being able to intervene. For what could she do without pony magic? It is possible that the mysterious alicorn uses magic in crystals rather than pony magic, and thus has an advantage.
The return of pony magic has made the mysterious alicorn realize that new opportunities - and new dangers - have come. She wants to make use of this.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide