MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #55DA
So what do you guys think of earth pony magic being plant growth rather than animal sensing like we thought?
Also curious why Hitch is the only one who got the special power to understand animals.
Background Pony #E2A5
The mysterious alicorn will obviously take the pony magic for herself, but then it means she could not use it herself, possibly because it was not stable. She thought they found out how the magic is stabilized, when she herself can not do it. Which suggests that the pony magic was out of reach for her - until now. For I do not think the pony magic is completely stabilized; Zipp knows better when she chooses to stay, because emotional power strengthens the Unity Crystals and this poses a potential security threat. That is why she asks important questions;
  1. Where does magic come from?
  2. Who made the crystals.
  3. How they were separated.
  4. Why didn’t the earth ponies have magic before?
We have a pretty good idea of ​​where the pony magic came from, the hole that turned out to be a dimensional portal could possibly lead to the dimension itself - elsewhere. We did not see what Sunny did after rescuing Windy and Posey, and do not think she remembered what she did - but she pulled the earth pony magic out and to the Unity Crystals. It’s related to her alicorn powers, I think.
The glass door in Zephyr Hills made it clear that only Twilight Sparkle may have been behind the Unity Crystals, which are shown separately - and we know they were meant to be united in the old light tower, but it did not happen. Sunny and Zipp assume that they were united, but this is a wrong conclusion on the data they currently have, as the magic came from external sources. We know better.
If the crystals were separated, why? At this point, they assume that this was the reason behind the disappearance of the magic. In addition, Zipp had seen that it is the ponies that affect the crystals and thus concluded that it goes both ways. She knows that emotional forces are involved, but does not understand the depth. The mysterious alicorn may be the cause, for the Unity crystals may have been broken because of her.
The earth ponies did not have magic until MYM, but small signs indicate that the internal magic of the ponies - which when Posey suddenly got stuck without warning - already exists. They just can not use it, they need the Unity Crystals. And it is clear that it was a mistake; only the pegasi and the unicorns had received active magic, not the earth ponies. Previously, they had not needed external channels between the dimension and themselves, we saw this in G4 and all the way back to G1. Sunny simply “broke out” the earth pony magic when she was down in the portal.
In addition, the hypothesis of collective memory loss is now 100% confirmed. The ponies simply did not remember that the earth ponies had magic, which was a matter of course in G4, where these took their pride in their magical skills that separated them from the others, and were never shy about showing it. The G5 ponies know nothing about this. Maybe even Argyle does not know. So the G4 books have not come to Maretime Bay.
When Hitch asked how he could understand the animals, it is obvious that all knowledge of talent magic has completely disappeared. So that means the ponies in G5 will discover how different the magic is from pony to pony as they begin to explore the talent embedded in the cutie mark.
And I think the alicorn powers in Sunny are due to the fact that she’s simply not ready, and that’s related to her emotions. We saw her cutie mark glowing, and when she jumped into the portal, her willingness to risk her life and the desire to save other ponies was enough. She’s going to be a complete alicorn, and that may happen sooner than expected in the face of the mysterious alicorn.
But; the disappearance of magic and the breakup of Equestria I do not think is related to the mysterious alicorn and the Unity Crystals. We saw that much more had happened than an evil pony’s attempt to seize all power, when the movie showed what had happened to Middle Equestria where Ponyville, Everfree and Canterlot lay. The unstable pony magic may have played an important role, yet it is not enough. The fate of the harmony tree needs an explanation, as the harmony magic is not the same as the pony magic.
The riddle gets deeper. A case for the princess investigator Zipp.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #E0DA
I like it! So first off, animation is kind of wonky but it’s a decent job done. Some moments feel off sync but it does its best to catch up. It’s made in Canada so I at least expect it to be second rate.
Now to the story. First of all, really cute pic in 3d of Haven and her daughters. We never saw filly Izzy unfortunately. Nice upbeat intro. The hoof holding thing is still a little weird but there are moments where Sunny uses her mouth like a traditional earth pony. Izzyballs. Pipp has one expensive phone. Izzy doing what an earth pony does later. Posey lives alone, like Fluttershy. Oh Argyle…I’m sure he’s proud of Sunny and her friends. Heck even his lantern glowed a rainbow later. Zipp may not like it now, but if I know g4, she’ll embrace her destiny soon enough. Hitch being his fabulous usual self. Did Izzy really literally put magic as her ingredient for her tart. Maybe Tirek would like that. I like the male stylist whoever he is. And Jazz too. Zipp actually makes a good point about the singing thing. Tempest agrees. Maybe the entire plot of Make Your Mark happened after Posey’s bad day at the cinema. Whether Posey or Izzy started it is debatable. My suspicions on the crystals are more or less confirmed. Even a minor and I mean a really small quarrel could trigger The End. Which does brings me to Sunny’s questions. Who made the crystals? And what happened? Speaking of magic food, the corruption of magic if what Izzy said is true, made it taste bad. Maybe she did literally put it inside. Posey was an earth pony supremacist confirmed. Well I hope she’s happy now with her unique magic. The void… I think that might be the Limbo as shown in FIM. A disaster resolved quicker than the Crystal Empire Blizzard. Puts the royalty to shame. And cut to the Earth Pony magic thing. Well, I’ve nothing to say much since I was spoiled but it is what I think it is. I believe Zipp, it definitely did not exist in G4 or was super unnoticeable. I would say it’s the former and that it didn’t exist at all until this special. It’s a new magic invented. And I’m quite satisfied with that. Yes, I think the earth ponies being ordinary is what makes them special so that’s why I feel weird at first. Also, the tin can seagull has a name! :D
Also there’s apparently a real alicorn after all. And she’s the last one. Given Discord’s role in g5, I suspect he might know her and even couldn’t beat her somehow. Either way, I like it. It’s off to a great start!
And also, “take back what is hers”?
Background Pony #E2A5
@Background Pony #E0DA
I like it! So first off, animation is kind of wonky but it’s a decent job done. Some moments feel off sync but it does its best to catch up. It’s made in Canada so I at least expect it to be second rate.
Now to the story. First of all, really cute pic in 3d of Haven and her daughters. We never saw filly Izzy unfortunately. Nice upbeat intro. The hoof holding thing is still a little weird but there are moments where Sunny uses her mouth like a traditional earth pony. Izzyballs. Pipp has one expensive phone. Izzy doing what an earth pony does later. Posey lives alone, like Fluttershy. Oh Argyle…I’m sure he’s proud of Sunny and her friends. Heck even his lantern glowed a rainbow later. Zipp may not like it now, but if I know g4, she’ll embrace her destiny soon enough. Hitch being his fabulous usual self. Did Izzy really literally put magic as her ingredient for her tart. Maybe Tirek would like that. I like the male stylist whoever he is. And Jazz too. Zipp actually makes a good point about the singing thing. Tempest agrees. Maybe the entire plot of Make Your Mark happened after Posey’s bad day at the cinema. Whether Posey or Izzy started it is debatable. My suspicions on the crystals are more or less confirmed. Even a minor and I mean a really small quarrel could trigger The End. Which does brings me to Sunny’s questions. Who made the crystals? And what happened? Speaking of magic food, the corruption of magic if what Izzy said is true, made it taste bad. Maybe she did literally put it inside. Posey was an earth pony supremacist confirmed. Well I hope she’s happy now with her unique magic. The void… I think that might be the Limbo as shown in FIM. A disaster resolved quicker than the Crystal Empire Blizzard. Puts the royalty to shame. And cut to the Earth Pony magic thing. Well, I’ve nothing to say much since I was spoiled but it is what I think it is. I believe Zipp, it definitely did not exist in G4 or was super unnoticeable. I would say it’s the former and that it didn’t exist at all until this special. It’s a new magic invented. And I’m quite satisfied with that. Yes, I think the earth ponies being ordinary is what makes them special so that’s why I feel weird at first. Also, the tin can seagull has a name! :D
Also there’s apparently a real alicorn after all. And she’s the last one. Given Discord’s role in g5, I suspect he might know her and even couldn’t beat her somehow. Either way, I like it. It’s off to a great start!
Is more interesting in logic and lore.
I do not think the dimensional portal leads to the limbo that is supposed to be timeless, colorless and “beyond everything” as Starswirl had explained - for the earth pony magic came from there. Which suggests that it is the elsewhere that housed the pony magic, which Twilight came to when she ascended to an alicorn. And it is possible that Sunny was able to do what she did when she wanted to save others. She will probably return there later in the G5.
The matter with the food is due to a cultural collision, for the earth ponies and the pegasi are used to more “normal” food in contrast to the unicorns that had to feed on what is found in Bridlewood - moss ice? We saw a unicorn throw himself into a trash can to eat food. More material for future G5 stories.
Have not seen the colors of the mysterious alicorn early on, but this may indicate that it is Fluffy Heart that may have become corrupt, as there are indications that the Crystal Empire is involved. So if it is she, what could have made her corrupt? Could it be in connection with what destroyed Twilight Sparkle`s Equestria, as she wanted to protect her subjects and realm by all means? Then it meant that she wants to take the pony magic not just because she is evil and power-hungry. A philosophical battle is underway!
The pony magic in G4 was not notable, with the exception of the unicorn horn when spells are to be cast or when telekinesis is used, and this undoubtedly led to the desire to make magic use in the G5 visible. We still know that the earth ponies were not shy about showing their skills magically, and this formed part of their culture, in contrast to the pegasi who were more interested in the art of flying.
Do not think Discord could fight if he wanted to. We do not know what had happened when the magic disappeared and the harmony tree “normalized”, and he had lost his horn in Canterlot where he may have been there in deep isolation. Possibly the events, the disappearance of magic and the death of his friends had become too much.
But for Sunny and Zipp after what happened in MYM, Discord has become the hottest source of information. So they will look for him after getting back the pegasus crystal while the mysterious alicorn will make her observations. Sunny’s advantage may be that her alicorn powers will come as a surprise to “the shadowy alicorn”.
Alicorn verse alicorn battle is soon guaranteed in the G5.
Joshua
Duck - Duck cannon at high speed
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Since the Beginning  -

If /mlp/ hates something like this special with a white hot passion(they currently do), you know it’s bound to be unironically good.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
My internet connection is acting up, so I don’t think I will be able to find a place to watch the Make Your Mark special. But what I saw got me interested.
Background Pony #90D1
I’ve just watched the special.
So what do you guys think of the new villain? I really like her design. She reminds me of Chrysalis. I’ve also seen that she thinks magic belongs to her and to her only.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Joshua
Or it could be bad.
I know /mlp/ sucks but I’m pretty sure there are people not from that site who don’t like the special.
Also maybe we should spoil the whole new alicorn villainthing
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide