MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I think Zipp, Sunny and Pipp voices are alright. It’s Izzy and Hitch I have a problem with because they are the ones that sound nothing like the people they’re trying to imitate. Hitch voice needs to be a little deeper and Izzy voice needs to be a little higher.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
I always felt like Hitch needs a more authoritative and wise voice. Man I remember seeing the preview of the first episode of TYT where he said Cool it McSnippsaLot, my heart died a little.
I was used to his chad voice in the movie so hearing him sound what I thought was more wimpy made me worried.
I guess he still had good voice moments but not great
Marsden just gave too high a standard for me
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I always felt like Hitch needs a more authoritative and wise voice
He does. He is the sheriff and he’s the only one that is actually a stable adult. With a paid of mortgage and everything. We had that in the movie, but now he sounds like a wimpy teenager. He’s regressing.
Whoever voiced Thunder in the game needs to switch to Hitch because his voice is almost perfect.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
I’ll be honest: A lot of cartoon characters go through vocal evolution. Even though the entire TYT/MYM voice cast sounded exactly the same as the ANG ones from the start, there’s a good chance they would sound different by the end of G5. I mean, in G4, Applejack and Nightmare Moon in later seasons sounded very different from their season 1 selves. I’m actually happy that some of the G5 characters sound different in TYT and MYM, because it already makes the period of weirdness with the new voices happen sooner and end faster.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@GoodVibesGorgeous
Yeah your right. That’s why I really have no issue with Sunny,Zipp, Pipp voices.
Applejack and Nightmare Moon in later seasons sounded very different from their season 1 selves.
This is true however their season 1 voices still fit their characters. Applejack was the country girl and Nightmare Moon was the corrupted princess. Ashleigh and Tabitha did a good job at voicing that then. Hitch is a sheriff and he has authority, his movie voice was perfect. JJ voice is to young and gullible which doesn’t fit Hitch. Izzy voice I just have to get used to that’s all.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Shimmering Spectacle
For me, it has nothing to do with the VAs. They’re only doing what they’re told to portray. They’re trying to make the characters talk like modern day kids but ultimately the characters are played by adults, their scripts are written by adults… so the result feels cringy like when your mom uses linggo like “cray cray.” Animated shows (especially the timeless ones) never needed to talk like “the times.” Just look at FiM. The way the characters talked didn’t change for 9 seasons.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Why do people think the shadow alicorn is Twilight? Is it because she’s purple? It makes more sense for her to be a descendant more than anything.
Background Pony #90D1
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
I guess it is because alicorns usually have evil personas, Daybreaker, Nightmare Moon. But I don’t think Twilight would become evil. I doubt Hasbro would want to ruin Twilight’s image.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Phoenixflambe
If that was the case than where would Candace and Flurry be? Would they be corrupted too? And how would Princess Celestia and Luna allow that to happen? That would be just confusing. I think it would be a lot easier for the edgy alicorn to be someone further away from the gen 4 timeline.
I doubt Hasbro would want to ruin Twilight’s image.
I agree I don’t think Hasbro has the gall to do that.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Again i really doubt that the alicorn is an evil/corrupted version of any of the G4 princesses, that would be a really dumb move, and MLP isn;t really the franchise to make one of their previous heroes into a villain, this sounds more like it belongs in someones fanfic.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
I wonder if it would be appropriate to go to the social media profiles of the voice actors credited as additional voices in the Make Your Mark special and ask them which characters they voiced. Because I don’t think it would be very helpful to ask the voice director, as she would likely do the same thing she did when asked by a fan on Twitter about the additional voice cast for Transformers: BotBots (she tagged the voice actors and asked them to answer said fan).
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Also I just realised, Sunny doesn’t have Earth Pony magic.
Really? Mhmm that’s weird, she an earth pony most of the time, wouldn’t the alicorn powers amplify and give her more abilities? Or maybe it’s because she’s not actually a alicorn…
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Phoenixflambe
Discord was already evil, Nightmare Rarity was the Nightmare force thng taking over Rarity, and the Dark Water ponies were a result of the water turning them evil, not them going evil by their own choice.
And those scenarios are completely different then Twilight going from beloved hero from g4 into the new villain of g5, it wouldn’t make sense and would just come across as a giant slap in the face.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide