MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Phoenixflambe
Well… Not all Earth Ponies have been seen using their magic yet (only Hitch, Posey and a few background characters). Sunny probably has the Earth Ponies’ magic as well, but she just hasn’t had a chance to use it.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
Well, if the shadowy alicorn isn’t a corrupted Twilight Sparkle, she may be either another one of her students (the unredeemed Sunset Shimmer to Luster Dawn’s sassy Twilight Sparkle), Flurry Heart’s daughter or student or even Luster Dawn’s student that, for some reason, went rogue.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@GoodVibesGorgeous
This ties into something I was thinking about at work, that also has to do with Hitch’s voice.
After the prologue of ANG, Hitch is in his element: he’s an authority figure, he’s well-liked, and he has his paid-off mortgage. He’s a symbol of order and stability, and the confidence in his voice reflects that. But there’s other sides to his personality. He gets kind of whiny when his authority is undermined, and he talks with a panicked tone if he’s not in control of a situation.
So the two points I want to make are:
  • Hitch has probably been the sheriff for awhile, but not a lot actually happened in Maretime Bay until the events of ANG.
  • I’m not really prepared to argue that this is intentional, but after everything that’s happened in G5, Hitch isn’t exactly in his element anymore; this might be reflected in his voice being less authoritative. I think it might be kind of cool if Hitch’s VA discovers his authoritative voice as Hitch figures out how to get back into his element.
Background Pony #90D1
Midnight Sparkle was the first idea for the G4 series finale villain…
Where did you get this information?
Background Pony #E2A5
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
Maybe she isn’t a complete alicorn yet. Which means other than flying and classic sorcery, she is outclassed by other earth ponies.
So what was the rainbow ray that came out of the “hole” and to the Unity Crystals? She jumped straight out of the rainbow which is a typical feature of pony magic all the way back to G1, although it is also partly meant for harmony magic. But here it’s just about pony magic - and it was Sunny who broke out the earth pony magic from the mysterious dimension that can be the elsewhere.
Until the end of MYM, Sunny has had poor control of her alicorn state, and when she was unexpectedly transformed in her carriage, it looked like it was typical earth pony magic that overturned the carriage. After MYM it is clear that she will then have better chances and from the IDW comic we know that she had learned how to fly and use telekinesis.
The alicorns are traditionally much stronger than all other ponies because they have magic from all three basic ponies - air, material, soil. But this could be multiplied many times by a normal pony in matters of strength. Sunny is thus much stronger - but she, like the G4 alicorns, has not had the opportunity to demonstrate this (an exception in IDW comics).
So if the mysterious alicorn and Sunny are going to fight each other in the near future, the ponies will discover how strong alicorns really are, because the world will tremble. The duel between Twilight and Tirek, Cozy Glow’s period as alicorn, the battle between Celestia and Nightmare Moon - they are in a completely different league, although they are no less vulnerable, in the Ponyverse even the weakest spell can be fatal to the strongest magical creature .
Then Sunny needs all of her strength in the face of a much older and stronger alicorn if she has to save the pony magic and the Pony kind from tyranny. She must be pegasus, unicorn and earth pony as a balanced being.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
Continuity! The Mane Melody building existed back in A New Generation, but with a different appearance (I think it used to be a restaurant, as the symbol on the sign looks a bit like a pretzel). I already had realized it, but I’m glad somebody else did as well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide