MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Okay, I finally saw Make Your Mark on Saturday as a blind reaction with my friend and honestly, I’m mixed on it.
Let’s get the criticisms out of the way: The story was serviceable for a special, but I didn’t like how Zipp’s friends, especially Sunny, were dismissive of Zipp’s concerns about the sudden magic failings and were more focused on the festival. I can buy Pipp or even Izzy being dismissive, but it was a bit infuriating that Sunny of all characters wasn’t listening to Zipp’s concerns, especially since she herself was having problems with her alicorn powers. I would also imagine Hitch also getting on Zipp’s defense. Even without taking into account that it’s around 40 minutes long, the resolution was too short and everything got fixed quickly with little payoff. Posey was just a bland and dull antagonist, her racism felt shallow and even pitiful for the reasons why she wants magic gone. I didn’t like how all the earth ponies just start getting their prejudices back at the drop of a hat, it took me out of the film. Finally, the animation was a weird one. I knew from the very beginning that it wasn’t going to be at the same level as the movie (which I wasn’t expecting it too frankly), but I was just surprised at how low quality it looked. The lighting felt off, the movements felt too quick and sporadic especially when the characters turned, the expressions felt stiff and the water physics were bad. I’ve seen GMod animations that looked better than the movie. I don’t want to haggle the animators for it since I’m sure they tried the best they could with the short timespan after the movie, but I feel like they could’ve tried a bit more.
My praises for the movie: The characterizations were mostly the same with a little bit of exaggerations, some of the jokes were funny and did make me laugh, Zipp being an investigator was an interesting idea that I welcome, I loved Pipp and Izzy’s interactions with one another (I may ship them soon…), the running gag of Hitch finding excuses to get out of his tasks was funny so was Queen Haven acting like a boomer and not understanding modern technology, the little dragon that Hitch has to take care of was really adorable and that surprise villain at the end caught me off guard and looked interesting, like she was a cross of Nightmare Moon and Tempest Shadow.
With that, I think the special is okay, not too great and not too terrible. Even though I generally keep my expectations at neutral, I was expecting more out of it. However, I am still looking forward to the series itself even if this special turned out weak. It was alright, nothing much else.
Final Ranking: C-
Background Pony #E0DA
Idea for a G5 episode:
The Mane Five go on an adventure to find a rare and exotic fruit that Sunny can use for her smoothies.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Myoozik
Suddenly Hitch is Sprout. Meanwhile, Posey was never an antagonist as big as Sprout was. Besides, for many small things she did, it had huge impact cause that’s how the Crystal works. And they forgave her since it wasn’t as bad as Sprout destroying her house.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Wiimeiser
In some parts yes. Some parts they movie like robots and not as enthusiastically like that TF2 video. In some parts the animation is pretty smooth, mostly on Zipp and Pipp though.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I just wasn’t feeling the animation at all. Not the worst I’ve seen, far from it, but it was just awkward to watch.
@Phoenixflambe
Even then, I thought her whole characterization and motives for her racism was not that great. At least Sprout was funny and his power hungry ideals was entertaining.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Decided I’d watch A New Generation again.
Still love it. Everything that’s happened since makes Argyle’s death way sadder than when the movie premiered.
Background Pony #E0DA
Was MLP: FiM’s popularity and success one of those once in a lifetime things?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide