MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Lord WyrmSpawN
maybe not but it depends on how far down the line, they decide to reveal it, imagine like 500 images exist, the show is in s2 or something and it still isn’t revealed lol
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Many people are complaining about the MYM special’s 3D animation but I’m sure they would have complained even more if it was in 2D (as Hasbro originally wanted the sequel series for A New Generation to be in 2D), as it probably would be in TYT’s style (who is/was extremely hated).
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
One of the things I look forward to in the Make Your Mark series is finding out who the heck are Dapper, Diggy and Sander. They were credited in many non-English versions of the MYM special, but the special itself never made it clear who is who.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
The My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale episodes on YouTube are now numbered. According to these numberings, the production order is:
01: Sisters Take Flight
02: A Home To Share
03: Zipp’s Flight School
04: Nightmare Roommate
05: Welcome To Mane Melody
06: The Unboxing of Izzy
07: Foal Me Once
08: Clip Trot
09: It’s T.U.E.S. Day
10: Sunny-Day Dinners
11: Maretime Bay Day 2.0.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Dustcan
Is there any evidence to suggest this? FiM had its own run with multi media. Gameloft, EqG, IDW’s comics. But they don’t create elements in their own world that contradict each other. In some cases they even support each other even though they don’t cross paths. Why would it be different for G5 especially since the G5 game’s events feel like the more natural progression that would’ve taken place after the ANG movie.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
G4 was a hodgepodge of canon-except-not-but-kindasorta-are of intermedia continuity.
G5 continues to surprise in that it all seems to be one singular continuity so far, with the exception of the game.
Like the game is building up to Maretime Bay Day, so it’s set before MYM right? And Sprout is there, so it’s probably before TYT too? Except there’s little things like Hitch being able to talk to animals, something that happens at the end of MYM. Or WINGS being not only already established but an actual official program instead of something the Mane 5 slapped together.
Nothing big enough to make it irrefutably incompatible, sure, but enough to make it feel like a separate thing.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Dustcan
The game doesn’t build up to Maretime Bay Day. It literally starts during Maretime Bay Day and when you play as Sunny walking around the town, you see the ponies celebrating the holiday. The whole game only takes place in one day and its story ends in the evening of that same day.
Its the MyM special that mostly builds up to Maretime Bay Day. They never even got the chance to celebrate it. Or the celebration was skipped from being seen because it was supposed to start with Pipp’s song but we never get to hear Pipp’s song.
Also in the game, I just remembered there’s a part where Hitch acts as a negotiator/translator to a giant rabbit thing for Sunny which indicates he can already talk to animals at that point.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
The game had zero explanation for it. It was there at the start and the game assumes you already know this character. What does that mean? It means even before the events of the game takes place, stuff already happened that’s yet to be seen. As far as I know, there’s no introduction of a Shimmer Wing character in MyM so there’s probably still events after MyM and before the game.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Fanstar
In the Maretime Bay Adventure game they did mention Bridlewood silk or maybe it was fashions, so maybe there will be an oppurtunity to have that be the excuse to go there perhaps Pipp and Izzy for some fashion and have to solve a problem there.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide