MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #201C
@hironakamura
If I had to guess I’d say the devs were given a bunch of information around the lore and built that, not thinking that the game would be the initial introduction of the character. Part of me does hope that it was just some random thing the devs came up with and decided to give no explanation at all because it would be funny.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I can now say I’ve re-watched ANG, TYT episodes 1-10, MYM and TYT episode 11. Some random thoughts:
  • So far, TYT episode 1 and MYM are the weak links of G5.
  • I found the emotional moments of ANG a lot more satisfying this time. I want to hug Sunny any time she’s by herself.
  • In ANG, the different groups hate each other for silly reasons based on misinformation. This is what was driving a lot of the humour, and also reinforced ANG’s message of “step outside your comfort zone and form your own opinion”. So I like how MYM follows up on this: Now Posey and the other ponies have actual first-hand experience to base opinions on, and her opinions are completely reasonable.
  • “How does this new development affect the average pony?” was a question G4 rarely, if ever, answered. So I appreciate that we got a special dedicated to that.
  • I also appreciate that these specials can revolve around any of The Mane Five, not just Sunny.
  • I also also like how Zipp being heir to the throne hasn’t completely disappeared.
  • Overall, my biggest issue with the special is that it’s just not witty the way ANG was.
Background Pony #AFC6
Izzy doesn’t have any formal education.
She doesn’t even know what a school is.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
  • Overall, my biggest issue with the special is that it’s just not witty the way ANG was.
I don’t mean this to rag on the special, but I don’t think it was trying to be witty, just more reestablish the set pieces to prepare for the actual series, whereas the movie was introducing all the new concepts in a way to gain its own footing. By this point, we already know a lot of about G5 and trying to repeat the movie would feel like a rehash and redudant. I take it that they’re really saving all the interesting ideas for the series proper.
Fanstar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Fan-0f-Everything
I hope TYT increase their runtime at some point. They mostly manage to make it work, but I still think they would benefited more if it’s longer
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Here’s a theory about the Shadowy Alicorn (should I still hide her name?
She is Celestia and Luna’s aunt.
The primordial alicorn. She is like a Titan in Greek mythology. And she was scheming to finally rule Equestria.
What? If people can give insane theories about Luster Dawn being that pony then I can make this insane theory too.
Background Pony #AFC6
Izzy made a visor with night vision and X-ray vision.
I think she might be smarter than given credit for.
Background Pony #2FAC
I really enjoyed this short. Though I’m a little put-off by the high tech, and wish they could have made Zipp’s board and Izzy’s gift less sci-fi-ish.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide