MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
I hope the Make Your Mark series shows how magic evolved in Equestria. We know that Earth Ponies now officially have florakinesis! What could pegasi potentially do in G5? Stronger weather manipulation powers? And the unicorns? What can they do? They could do just about anything in G4, but now magic seems to have rules and is no longer something random!
Background Pony #2FAC
Personally I’m not sure Pegasi will get anything else other than flying. Unicorns are interesting since we know it’s possible their magic can grow beyond simply levitating things to casting actual spells.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@GoodVibesGorgeous
Don’t think the other two will change. Unicorns remain mystic mages and Pegasi the air force. Best I can think of lightning vision for the flyers and actually using your horn for unicorns.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #AFC6
It’s probably too soon to say, but I lowkey want to say yes.
ANG came out swinging. TYT is hitting its stride. The reception of MYM was pretty lukewarm, but it doesn’t seem to have shaken the fandom’s confidence in G5.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
Just out of curiosity how would you feel if make your mark was Just released as episode 1 and at the same time as the rest of past 1
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

WOAH guess im late to the party on this but dragons been gone for generations! What happened!?
If I had to guess, it’s probably related to whatever happened to the griffons, changelings, yaks, hippogriffs, Kirin, and all the rest.
I’ve always thought it would be hilarious if it turned out that they were still having healthy relations with each other, but had all left the ponies to their own devices after whatever caused the tribes to split up.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@CORDZ2000
I haven’t watched Make your Mark yet (because I have to find a website to watch it for free, I’m not into subscriptions), but if that’s gonna be the case with the new show, then I love it.
I think a scenario like this can be interesting from a creative point of view, because that concept can lead to either a unique dragon (apart from the baby dragon) or very very few dragons, and that can also lead to themes related to identity and race roots and, like a Guilty Gear song said, finding your own way.
As much as I liked dragons in G4 with episodes such as Gauntlet of Fire and Dragon Quest, I think a different approach will give G5 a breath of fresh air and also another feature to have its own identity as a franchise.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@DoctorWTF
Yeah they could just be in different parts of the world doing there own thing. Would make sense as the ponies didn’t explore the world due to possibility Specist reasons among other races as well besides just between different ponies. It will make sunny realize her mission to bring others together is bigger than she thought and set up a good plot for a long running series.
@Ring Team Yeah spoilers for make Your mark they offhandedly just say dragons have been gone for generations.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@CORDZ2000
Well no, they didn’t say gone. It was said verbatim that “–dragons haven’t been seen in Equestria for generations.” Basically@DoctorWTF
is probably right with the idea that all the other species left the ponies to their own devices and didn’t want to deal with their drama.
Background Pony #AFC6
How likely is it that Izzy is revealed to be autistic?
Would Hasbro be willing to open that can of worms?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #AFC6
Seeing as Scootaloo wasn’t formally confirmed to have an actual disability until a few episodes before the finale, and even then with the caveat “But fans are welcome to interpret things how they like”, I’m going to go with “not bloody likely”.
Granted, that may have had more to do with them not wanting to disappoint the fans who were hopeful to see her fly one day after seeing her struggle. Still, after all that I see no reason why the staff wouldn’t just play it safe and let Izzy be Izzy while the fans play armchair psychologist.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide