MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Something like that - they may not be comfortable getting into those kinds of issues in what has traditionally been a largely lighthearted work. And again, look at Scootaloo - from the first time she tried and failed to fly, fans had held her up as a role model for people with disabilities despite Lauren Faust claiming that she “hadn’t figured it out yet”. So it’s not as though they need to hand Izzy an explicit canon diagnosis to score points for representation.
Background Pony #AFC6
Will the Shadowy Alicorn look at Sunny and say something like, “Hmph, seems like they’re letting ANYPONY become alicorns these days”?
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
So was able to watch the Make Your Mark special yesterday and it was decent. Not great not terrible, just on the positive of ok. The characters were pretty good here, especially Zipp and Hitch IMO.
That being said there’s a lack of tension and the story feels stretched. It almost feels like a 20 minute story stretch to double that. Posey barely factors as a villain and the magic glitching plot doesn’t really have much punch to it, for lack of a better word.
If the regular show is able to tighten the plot (which is should be able to do since they’re shorter stories) it’ll probably be better
Background Pony #AFC6
/mlp/ is having a poll on who the best Mane Five pony is. Zipp’s the only one with any actual depth so far, so she wins by default.
Background Pony #35C2
@EotD
Posey was never a villain. She was just a character who felt left out. The true villains are the shadowy alicorn and prejudice.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Zipp does crossword puzzles and has a Rubik’s Cube at her desk. I bet if the circumstances were different, she probably would enjoy spending an afternoon doing a puzzle with Hitch.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@EotD
Like I said in an older post here, I think that was just to set up the structure for the actual series where they can come up with better stories
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@EotD
The only punch here is they’ll lose magic again if they don’t maintain harmony.
There’s one thing I’d noticed - in the movie, we see that none of the pony tribes were aware than the others had also lost their magic, heavily implying that the magic didn’t go away until after pony race relations had completely broken down. Here, magic starts glitching out as soon as things go through a rough patch. What’s up with that?
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
I’ve been checking out non-English versions of the Make Your Mark special and apparently it doesn’t have Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese and Ukrainian dubs. But they’ll probably be out soon.
Background Pony #AFC6
Alphabittle and Queen Haven have feelings for each other, but are both too proud to admit it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide