MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #35C2
The whole point of season 9 is to show that not everyone wants to change for the better. Cozy Glow is a sociopath, Tirek is a power hungry maniac and Chrysalis is a selfish queen. Please stop trying to make sense as if they would change. They don’t want help or anything like that. They don’t care about harmony or friendship. They don’t even care about each other. They weren’t even friends to begin with. I applaud MLP FIM for doing that. It is realistic. I am tired of the whole “everybody is a friend and therefore can change”. You cannot help those who don’t want help.
Background Pony #35C2
I am tired of people trying to make sense of those three. But deep down I know that it doesn’t matter. These people will continue on defending them and trying to make “alternative endings” until the end of time. They want the show to follow exactly what they want. They can’t let it go or learn that things don’t always go the way we want.
Gipercrafter

@Fanstar
In one of the applications in which a soothing melody is playing, a story about Pipp was officially released, where she talks about her classes all day (she was voiced by the first actress), and at some point mentions the moment of the foundation of Zephyr Heights and the name of the first queen.
Background Pony #2FAC
It’s alright. Catchy and I think little kids (the primary audience) will probably like it. On the somewhat downside, I feel it’s more tailor-made to be an earworm rather than the FIM song that felt like it was made to resonate with you on an emotional level.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@hironakamura
Let me try again. You said:
People can’t get that the three tribes in g5 are enemies. People assume the status quo of g5 is hunkie dori like g4
People do get that the tribes are enemies. The plot of the movie literally revolves around the tribes being enemies. Where are you getting the idea that “People assume the status quo of g5 is hunkie dori like g4”? And sure, broadly speaking, they’re enemies, but each tribe has a specific set of beliefs about the other two tribes:
Earth Ponies believe that:
  • the Pegasi and unicorns tried to eat up all the Earth ponies by “zapping ’em with lasers and frying ’em to a crisp”. (Sprout to Sunny at the lighthouse)
  • “the Earth ponies kicked [the Unicorns and Pegasi’s] butts in an epic battle” (Sprout to Sunny at the lighthouse)
  • Unicorns can read minds (Phyllis atthe CanterLogic demo)
  • Pegasi will snatch you away (Phyllis atthe CanterLogic demo)
Unicorns believe that:
  • Pegasi will steal your luminescence (Izzy and Sunny’s conversation outside of Zephyr Heights)
  • Earth Ponies smell like rotten sardines, are lazy, and not very bright (Izzy and Sunny’s conversation outside of Maretime Bay)
  • Saying the words “magic, “wings”, “feather”, and “mayonnaise” will get you jinxed. (Izzy and Hitch’s conversation in Bridlewood)
Pegasi believe that:
  • Earth ponies have very tiny brains (The two guards outside of Zephy Heights)
  • A unicorn can be made harmless by sticking a tennis ball on their horn (The two guards outside of Zephy Heights)
To sum it up:
  • Unicorns think pegasi are a threat, but that Earth ponies are too dumb and lazy to be a threat
  • Pegasi think unicorns are a threat, but that earth ponies are “harmless”
  • Earth ponies think pegasi and unicorns are a threat, and work together
It’s an oversimplification because you’re ignoring the context these details create in favor of “they’re all just enemies”. I believe you were saying something about confirmation bias.
And here’s why that context is important:
What part of the movie did you think a unicorn would ever be welcomed in Maretime Bay if she walks in there? Answer that.
The part where she received an invitation that literally says:
“Dear unicorns and Pegasi, you have friends in Maretime Bay. Come visit us.”
That’s at least one thing that would suggest she would be welcomed.
The worst thing Izzy, and by extension the rest of the unicorns, think about Earth Ponies is that they smell like rotten sardines, are lazy, and not very bright. And that’s it.
Izzy Moonbow: “Nope, just those three.”
The unicorns have a low opinion of Earth ponies, but nowhere in the movie is it explicitly stated that Unicorns view Earth ponies as “enemies”. They have more of a dismissive attitude. Meanwhile, the chase through Maretime Bay is the first time Izzy is ever explicitly given any reason to believe that the Earth ponies consider Unicorns to be enemies. Izzy is genuinely surprised to learn that Earth ponies hate unicorns.
Sunny Starscout: You! You’re a unicorn! Earth ponies hate unicorns!
Izzy Moonbow: Really? That seems a little harsh.
So your entire argument that “she knew and went anyways” is demonstrably wrong, and that’s why people are giving you shit. At the time she walks in, she has at least one explicit reason to believe that she’s be welcomed, and zero explicit reasons to believe she wouldn’t be welcomed.
Besides, how do you know their status quo is misinformation?
People like to believe the g5 ponies history is a lie or is wrong because in g4 they were friends
That’s not the reason… or at least that’s not the only reason. People believe that the G5 pony history is a lie because, not only is what the tribes believe about each other shown to be wrong, the beliefs themselves are so absurd that even a child could recognize them as such. This is the main driving force behind the movie’s humour, along with Izzy’s innocence.
the movie literally confirms they’re taught in school that Earth Ponies kicked the butts of the other tribes in some kind of fight.
They’re also taught that unicorns and pegasi practiced cannibalism.
But its at the start of the movie used for exposition and nothing so far contradicts it.
In this hypothetical war, the Earth ponies would be outnumbered two-to-one, and up against opponents that can fly and use magic. The idea that the Earth ponies “kicked their butts” sounds like pure propaganda to me. You’re really not meant to take what the ponies say about each other at face value.
This is going to be my last post on the subject.
hironakamura
Artist -

@DerpyFast
Yet Sprouticus Maximus existed.
A letter found by a child attached to a balloon is not a diplomatic hand of friendship between two tribes. The political leaders of the two tribes should be the ones communicating with each other to inform their tribes members.
Go on. Try it in real life by crashing a convert with tickets you claim you got from a cereal box. Just watch as the bouncers throw you out.
Bottom line is, I observed Izzy has zero respect for boundaries months ago. And recently its proven that not only does she disrespect tribal boundaries but she also disrespects personal boundaries. I got shit because I’m ahead of the curve. And now people are saying she should learn a lesson about respecting boundaries. That’s hillarious to me how long it took people to catch up on her archtype when I called it out before.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
I am just gonna copypaste someone else’s comment here.
I really don’t want him to be a villain again. I get that grief makes people act out, and if G4 had played out differently that could be an emotional story. But after Season 9 if he’s doing anything evil again I just don’t think I’ll be able to muster up any patience or sympathy for it, regardless of his reasoning. Hoping he’s just a bitter old man or something but that cover definitely seems villainous.
Really, it is all just lazy writing always making him do bad things only because he is “all powerful”. When will the creators give limits to his powers?
Background Pony #FC6A
I am just gonna copypaste someone else’s comment here.
I really don’t want him to be a villain again. I get that grief makes people act out, and if G4 had played out differently that could be an emotional story. But after Season 9 if he’s doing anything evil again I just don’t think I’ll be able to muster up any patience or sympathy for it, regardless of his reasoning. Hoping he’s just a bitter old man or something but that cover definitely seems villainous.
Really, it is all just lazy writing always making him do bad things only because he is “all powerful”. When will the creators give limits to his powers?
It was the main mistake made around Discord by the writers behind S8-S9, they had forgotten an important rule of the Ponyverse; even the most powerful are vulnerable, as seen for the first time when Chrysalis defeated Celestia who could not fight with full force among many ponies in a packed hall. They had the opportunity, but chose to twist the plot and create the Grogar disguise. The authors of IDW had understood that, and probably also the manufacturers behind the G5 3D series realized it. Discord was poorly treated in S8-S9 when the tendency to humiliate and hold down powerful individuals went too far. The royal sisters were not better treated towards the end of the G4 as these were given larger screen space.
Whether Discord was a victim of the catastrophe that was obviously an attack that Twilight fought against without success; do not think they had fought against each other, it would be disgraceful - does that mean there are some out there who are more powerful, or know about Discord’s weaknesses.
It’s starting to get deeper in the G5, and it’s become clear that there’s a lot in the background that could be very serious threats against Sunny and her friends in their mission to rebuild friendship and harmony in Equestria and beyond. And the mysterious alicorn is probably just one of the threats that Mane 5 must face, perhaps becoming New Mane 6 in the process. But Sunny, who probably represents the element of Hope, will eventually face the biggest threat - which may be older than Equestria.
And it’s not Discord or evil alicorns.
Background Pony #26F9
@hironakamura
Also, tbf, there’s a difference between tribal and personal.
A letter found by a child attached to a balloon is not a diplomatic hand of friendship between two tribes. The political leaders of the two tribes should be the ones communicating with each other to inform their tribes members.
Go on. Try it in real life by crashing a convert with tickets you claim you got from a cereal box. Just watch as the bouncers throw you out.
Thing is, they weren’t communicating.
Whilie unusual, the intention was there.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Background Pony #26F9
Boundaries are boundaries regardless of what it covers. Your room, your house, your space, your cubicle at the office, your country, you don’t want people there that are not invited or welcomed.
How would you like it if you find a complete stranger roaming around in your room and they said its fine because your mom let them in? You can’t use Sunny’s letter as an excuse. She doesn’t speak for the whole earth pony tribe.
You are right about the communication part though. If Izzy surrendered to Hitch and Sprout and simply said “I come in peace. May I please visit your town?” She would be respecting those boundaries. But she didn’t do that and she didn’t care to think about it.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Myoozik
We’re not fighting. We’re just discussing disagreements about the characters. This is what it looks like when fans don’t have a hive mind.
Which reminds me. The crystals in MyM are shit. All it takes is a little disagreement and they glitch. It wants the ponies to have a hive mind. A society can’t function like that if everyone had the same ideas.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@hironakamura
I mean, I don’t see what’s wrong with having a hive mind as long as they’re not being overly callous with their opinions.
But it just seems like a silly thing to argue about but whatever, que sera, sera
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Just saw the episode Dumpster Diving, and I want to know what they were smoking when they created it? Also, if only real dumpster diving worked like that instead of getting all smelly and dirty and worrying about getting cut by glass.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide