MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
They should of had a main character who’s a earth pony who can make inventions or have the earth ponies be great at making inventions to make up for seemingly not having powers like the other two tribes mixed in with their fear of the others as a reason they make them as way of protecting themselves from them.
Background Pony #E026
Foal Sunny, Hitch and Sprout are playing Operation.
It’s Hitch’s turn, and he touches the edges while trying to get a piece out.
Sunny: Hitch, we’ve lost this patient! He’s dead!
Sprout wraps a blanket around the Operation board, as he and Sunny bow their heads, while Hitch takes out a toy trumpet and plays Taps
hironakamura
Artist -

@Hali the Emoji girl
Funny you should mention this because earth ponies were portrayed as having very industrial tech. They have splatapults. They have box traps. The other tribes have nothing equivalent. The pegasi believed a tennis ball can subdue the magic of a unicorn. But not the earth ponies.
https://i.ibb.co/W6Z0wFF/vlcsnap-2022-06-25-14h04m06s682.png
To this day, it is unknown which earth pony actually designed the tech Canterlogic uses as counter measures against other pony tribes. Its my theory that Sprout was their designer. The splatapults, the box traps, the balloon pack, the para-scope goggles, the anti-mind reading helmet, he designed them and was mass produced by Canterlogic. There’s three facts that support this; First, the owner of Canterlogic is Sprout’s mother. It wouldn’t be hard for him to have his designs passed down to her for mass production. Phyllis is a business woman, not an inventor so she couldn’t have innovated any of the tech. Plus factories are just that. They have factory workers for mass production, not engineers for reasearch and development. Second, Sprout is shown operating a one of a kind custom built machine called Sprouticus Maximus with absolute ease. He didn’t need to learn how to operate it. How is he so familiar with its interface? That would only happen if he was the machine’s designer. For something no one has ever seen before, he is unusually familiar with its operation. Third, the designs of all Canterlogic tech are literally goofy and childish. Just like Sprout. He’s goofy and childish. People just remember the splatapults and the box traps but what about the balloon pack and para-scope goggles. They were dumb as shit.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
Now that someone reminded me of it, could it be that amulet thingy which controlled the sun and moon doing it’s thing? So the question is, who’s doing it?
hironakamura
Artist -

I recently caught up with the comics and I find it hilarious that it actually follows the route of my theory that the g5 pony’s history was not fabricated or falsified. The gist of it was that the pony tribes started fighting and using their magic on each other so Twilight took away their magic be sealing it in three crystals. Its restored once the three tribes are shown to get along again. This suggests that everything the characters were taught in school were all true. Earth ponies, unicorns and pegasi fought each other historically as enemies and had legit reason to be afraid of each other.
I remember getting a lot of shit for stating this theory because people couldn’t warp their heads around the three tribes no longer being friends. Especially when I used it as a reason to explain character behavior for Sprout and Izzy.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@hironakamura
Pegasi seem to be really advanced, the tennis ball was probably a spur (Heh) of the moment decision. Unicorns, on the other hand, don’t appear to have anything more advanced than electric lighting at best.
For a guess at what year each race is at:
Earth ponies- 1980s
Pegasi-2020
Unicorns- Somewhere between Toba Supervolcano and Hippocrates.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

By the way, I gotta ask: Did we get to see the parents of Hitch and Izzy?
We saw Sunny’s father, the mother of the princesses, Sprout’s mother, but very little else.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Ring Team
I headcanon that Sunny’s mother died shortly after she was born, from internal bleeding due to birth complications. Hemophilia? (Don’t worry, if that’s true, Sunny won’t have it unless Argyle also had it)
Background Pony #E026
Sunny going into her alicorn form gives Pipp an idea.
She dresses up as a magical girl for her next livestream.
Tell me Pipp in a magical girl costume wouldn’t be EXTREMELY cute.
Spoopygirl
Artist -

I do stuff
What do you guys think would happen if the mane 5 discovered the mirror pool and one of them accidentally gets in on it. Personally an army of Izzy’s would be terrifying as they would unicycle everything in their wake, sparing nothing but glitter and horrors of the knowned crafts of reality.
Background Pony #E0C0
Remember that if the emotional instability in the magic available to the ponies has to be removed, it means that the Mane 5 may have to jump into the mysterious ancient times from the time before Equestria existed, perhaps even before the ponies’ federated society divided between earth ponies, the pegasi and the unicorns originated. For the latest news from IDW, it seems that Discord in his escape has become a storyteller who can be of great help when the Mane 5 needs to learn about the past.
There are so many questions from the past of the G4 that have never been answered, such as how the Everfree forest originated and why a lot of dark and dangerous magic was there or nearby. We do not know where the windigos came from and why they would exterminate the Ponykind. We also do not know how the alicorns originated, or why they stood out from other ponies, and assume the role of shepherds of the Ponykind.
And the important question will be when the magic came to the ponies for the first time. This may be what the G5 will be about in the future, not just the G4 - but the background of the whole world as a magical world will be explored. Sunny has an advantage that Twilight does not have, by growing up in a magic free world, she has the ability to be able to look at things from the outside, such as when studying magic. She was too gullible in the face of magic at first, but she’s learning.
Background Pony #35C2
I like to think that the shadowy alicorn only accepts unicorns on her side. She doesn’t have pegasi or earth ponies as minions because she thinks they are inferior. I also like to think she really thinks magic belongs to her and to her only.
Another theory. Perhaps the Unity Crystals have minds of their own and have chosen Sunny for a reason. They can’t really talk but they can show and do things. Sunny’s alicorn magic might be a way for them to connect with her.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide