MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
If I had a dime for every time I watched an animated series this week with an episode revolving around allergies, I’d have two cents. It wouldn’t be much, but it’s interesting that it happened more than once! MLP did that more comedically (and that’s okay).
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I really liked that episode. It felt like an episode of Star Trek, where it’s just about exploring a concept and its ramifications.
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
Just wait until they figure out how to use their magic to farm crops.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Badge Dragon
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
@Phoenixflambe
I don’t think it’s exactly accurate to say they were “normal”, even G4 would establish they had magic, it just made manifest in more subtle ways than the other races. I do wish we had a middle ground between “barely noticeable” and “can grow colossal flowers with an hours effort”, though.
Suppose she could’ve been a prodigy.
Also, I am apparently no longer able to watch characters sneeze without thinking “Yeah, some people are really enjoying this.“
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
So according to this episode, the only way for me to stop sneezing is to wear a flower necklace that’s been sneezed on? That’s gross
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I rewatched the Make Your Mark special and my opinion is largely the same but some things soured on me.
The way how it gets to the conflict with the earth ponies going all prejudiced again looked like it came out of left field with barely any build up. I know that it’s a 40+ minute special and that someone’s prejudices don’t just go away overnight, but the fact that all it took was Posey making a speech and everyone just turned sides felt jarring. I feel like there could’ve been more buildup to it than just one scene involving a sandcastle. I also didn’t like how the three tribes just didn’t care that a storm was brewing until it was too late and it’s like hey, y’all brought that upon yourselves. Sunny still felt out of character, the animation was still off-putting (Izzy’s hair clipped through her body at one point) but there were some scenes where it looked fine, Posey was still a bland antagonist and it felt like everything was resolved too quickly. Lastly, Sparky looked like something you’d see in a Cocomelon video.
The positives for it also stayed the same, I liked Zipp being a detective, Izzy and Pipp’s interactions got me craving for more, Pipp’s faces were hilarious, the scenes of Queen Haven acting like a boomer trying to figure out her phone was funny, the interior to the new lighthouse looked pretty, the voice acting was alright and the last scene with the Shadowy Alicorn still got me wondering, moreso her assistant with the great hair.
It’s still a weak special and a weak start for the series itself, but I’m confident that the rest of the episodes will be good, I don’t believe that Make Your Mark sets the bar low for the new generation.
Background Pony #E026
Do you realize that Hitch got more development in one 90 minute movie than Shining Armor and Big Mac got it 9 seasons?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide