MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

We also wouldn’t have Celestia vs Nightmare Moon, Coco Pommel, Twilight vs Tirek, Lost Treasure of Griffonstone, Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?, Sunburst, StarTrix, The Saddle Row Review, A Health of Information, Once Upon a Zeppelin, Tempest Shadow, The Student Six, Autumn Blaze and the kirin, Road to Friendship, Frenemies.
Background Pony #13BA
I am here to bring some G5 related news and to keep the thread going on topic. My only source is from someone in a Discord sever who is partners with Hasbro. So take this with a grain of salt.
I don’t know if many remember, but there was a time where it was being debated if we were going to get either 8x22min episodes or 23x22min episodes for what’s supposed to be “Season 1”
Well
he talked with a few sources of who have been looking into what Atomic Cartoons is up to and it seems that things are heavily leaning towards “Season 1” getting only 8x22min episodes.
With the visual style that Atomic Cartoons is taking, and based on a short conversation with DJTHED yesterday, it seems unlikely we could get 23 episodes in a less than a year or close to a year, due to the amount of frames that would have to be rendered for the 3D animations. DJTHED did some rough math and he said it’d be about 700,000+ frames to render. So almost a million frames.
Realistically, Atomic Cartoons doesn’t have the man power to pull something like that off. And his sources seem to basically heavily suggest that we will get only 8 episodes for part 1. Then the Christmas special and then more episodes later on. So essentially splitting “Season 1” into several parts. Much slower compared to G4’s schedule. So it seems like we’re going to have multiple hiatuses.. or not. So be prepared for those wait times…
I’m honestly not entirely sure if they’re gonna call them seasons. But that part, i’m not entirely sure..
Again, whether you believe me or not, this is the only news I’ve heard from that person, even if it sounds sketchy and weird. We are two months away until the series begins. We may get official news about the schedule sometime soon or later down the road to September.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Isn’t 8 episodes a season the norm for Netflix cartoons though?
8-10 eps is like the normal length for an average season of a show on Netflix, them making a full 26 episode season like for FIM was never gonna happen
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
I’m fine with Netflix splitting My Little Pony: Make Your Mark into multiple batches. I just hope it gets a new order of episodes and specials after the release of the initial 23 episodes and 4 specials.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
In that way I feel like it might end early because it was taking long. Or it feels like it anyway. Technically 9 seasons but it’s actually 4.5. I don’t expect it to last longer than g4.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
There’s one thing I have been thinking of:
It seems as if, even though the magic was stored in the three crystals, absolutely no one that originally had full knowledge of said crystals told anypony this. Earth ponies still worried about unicorns using their magic up to G5’s “present day” during the movie, even though magic has been gone for what should have been a long time because of the crystals being separated. Meanwhile, all unicorns knew is that magic has disappeared for some reason.
Not even Sunny Starscout, the one who started the idea of bringing the crystals together, knew what the crystals do as she only learned about they do out of speculation.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
I’m watching the new episode and Thunder apparently went through a drastical voice evolution since his last speaking role in Tell Your Tale. He went from sounding like his A New Generation self (high-pitched and somewhat nasally) to his A Maretime Bay Adventure self (deep and gruff, like most of the Royal Guards from G4 sounded like). And Alphabittle finally reappeared!
Background Pony #24A0
Really getting sick of the whole magic goes away after one argument thing the writers keep using. I’m getting tired of how fragile magic is in general really.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide