MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #0AD1
Sort of. What I loved about ANG was how sharp the writing was. The writing in MYM felt kind of neutered (gelded?) in comparison, but a lot of what I like about G5 was still there.
I’ll probably find things to appreciate about this one as well.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Shimmering Spectacle
There is no golden mean or middle ground. Posey is either total yay or she is the victim of abuse.
I guess they believe since Posey is an a hole, she gets what’s coming to her.
Maybe so, but I think the other characters like pretty insensitive. And honestly Hitch seems like he were in character he would firmly tell Izzy to not anger Posey.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Shimmering Spectacle
A lot of cartoon episodes have a problem where all the main characters are together, but they all act mostly the same. There’s no differentiation. I think it would be nice if Hitch were kind of a wise older brother to Izzy to put her in her place when she goes too far.
Sigh, I miss Hitch when he was actually a chad law enforcer.
Background Pony #7C51
I guess they believe since Posey is an a hole, she gets what’s coming to her.
Considering how she acts mean and such, something tells me only the abuse will stop if she ends up being nice.
Either that, or they probably want a butt monkey, since Hitch being one would be worse then simply being a dork, and Sparky’s a baby, and they don’t want him to be like Spike.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Zipp’s Yes Day
We start out with a chugg-a-thon. But of course it’s with the series’ trademark smoothies. Ha, PG alcoholism always makes me chortle.
Posey has the worst luck and I’m all for it. And Izzy is laying it on too thick, but the imminent brain freeze saves her from getting grilled.
I forget the idiom, but immediately Izzy sees that when you lie one time you have to lie another 100 times to maintain it. But I’unno Iz, I think you came out on top in this one. Brain freezes hurt.
So why isn’t bae joining in? Do they have to have a coach?
You know I had noticed that Zipp has been the least involved with hanging out with her friends before. But I didn’t expect it to be an full character quirk, let alone get it’s own dedicated episode. So I’m pleasantly surprised with this one’s plot.
Anyone else notice how much smoother the animation is during Zipp’s flight shots? It’s already smooth but it seems even better there.
Huh. 2 times in one episode. Maybe Posey’s turn to evil wasn’t prevented but merely delayed. If she’s the one to revive Sombra just to get back at those annoying Best Ponies then I’m all for it. Let’s go!
The Bunny Bop was a catchy tune, and Pipp shaking her head to the lyrics of the song does mean recycling this one works.
I mean, it’s obvious bait. But Zipp is still a prideful pony so of course she’ll bite it.
Zipp with Pony Life Rainbow Dash’s mane is a sight. But didn’t she already let Pipp style her mane back when? Or did she bail on that at the last second? Because she shouldn’t be so surprised to love her look if Pipp had already proven herself.
I was expecting Zipp to like the bike ride after the fact. But nope she still apparently was freaked even after calming down. That said I question the joy of swimming in glitter; that stuff will be a bitch to get out and will get everywhere. Also, the glitter makes a return.
I notice that each pony keeps getting the same colored smoothie. So I guess those must be their favorite flavors.
Zipp enjoyed the day. Good, does this mean we’ll see her join in more often?
So yeah, that was a really good episode. Frankly the only downside is the Posey moments. I laughed when they happened but then she just disappeared. I was expecting a payoff to her suffering in some form but no, she was just there to suffer. That retroactively lessens the humor of the schadenfreude. But otherwise this was one of the better episodes so far.
Spoopygirl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

I do stuff
I feel like the “Say Yes more often” lesson would be better if it was handled a bit more carefully.
Like “Hey Zipp do this dangerous thing.” and she would draw the line there.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I can’t be the only one who thought of this after seeing the latest episode:
I really liked this one. Zipp spent most of her life surrounded by ponies who just don’t “get it”. She’s had to learn to be independent, but it’s given her a tendency to avoid others. The whole idea of “Yes Day” lends itself to all kinds of abuses, so it’s really nice that it was used as a completely altruistic way to get Zipp to spend time with them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide