MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #525F
@Background Pony #525F
Or maybe descendants of Mistmane?
According to the IDW comics, Opaline was already alive in G4, probably then she was a young unicorn who had come to Ponyville with a plan in the back of her mind which consisted of harassing Fluttershy and spreading lies to create division and strife among the ponies. Back then, the historical legacy was very heavy on the ponies who still lived in the shadow of a social caste system based on magical ability, despite the fact that this had been demolished many centuries before. In Sunny’s time, there is no more, and she wants to keep it that way in confrontation with Opaline who wants a “perfect Equestria”.
The village that Mistmane came from was populated almost entirely with unicorns, and a G4 pony, Zesty Gourmand from S6 ep. 12 had a straight unicorn horn even though she had an East Asian facial appearance. This shows that Misty may come from the same tribe as Mistmane, Zesty and Opaline. It has never been shown where the village is located, only that it was in a mountainous country with a warmer climate than Ponyville and possibly Maretime Bay in G5, and it was within reach of Rarity.
We know little about the Mysterious South which was visited only once by the Mane 6 in the IDW comics, and it’s possible that there were several trips there during G4 as with the story of Mistmane.
There could be rivers running there to the south and southwest to the savannah lands which could be “the farthest reaches” between the seas in the west and east, and railway tracks there could mean that there were very old communication routes there, especially between South Equestria and the Celestial Sea. The kirins are right there in this strip of land, and when the anugyptian cats had to flee, they came to another continent to the east. It can explain how East Asian culture could spread in the southwestern part of Equestria all the way up to the mountains, and can have its origin in the continent on the other side of the Celestial Sea, Abyssinia is not the only realm there.
But it could be possible that there were very old pony cultures there in the Mysterious South long before Mistmane’s parents moved there, and Opaline could be the result of this. We have nothing about her background, especially how she could become an alicorn if she was a unicorn, and how she could be an evil alicorn without having any signs of corruption on her. All known alicorns have an evil persona as with Luna and Nightmare Moon, Opaline is perhaps the first “normal” alicorn that has no signs of corruption on her, even though she is a villain who has no good plans for the Ponykind. As she is after the pony magic and wants to steal the Unity Crystals and claim her right as an alicorn.
Sunny won’t allow that.
Background Pony #1E48
…she’s one of those old fashioned born-alicorns.
I hope the series dives into this.
Also, since the 8 episodes are named chapter 2, are we gonna see groups of episodes labeled as chapters?
Background Pony #525F
The hypothesis that the Unity Crystals can be separated without loss of magic may have been strengthened by one of the released images about the upcoming series. For Sunny, the familiar lantern from MYM Spesial # 1 is held - but with the Earth Pony Crystal. The crystal releases magic with the familiar rainbow character which we know from S9 is a very potential and powerful magic, as Sombra had discovered. Maybe Discord wasn’t caught yet so they could take back the Pegasus Crystal. An advantage of this is that if Opaline wants to take the pony magic, she must have the Unity Crystals gathered to be able to control them, and the Mane 5 can split them without losing the magic, to hide them from her.
And as the lantern was seen on the dashboard of the “Mare Stream” bus, it could mean that it could be used as a magical engine, possibly causing it to be lifted into the air for flight. This provides many opportunities for the Mane 5, and it can give them extra strength when they need magical strength against challenges in their adventures. If the Unity Crystals can be controlled, and only Sunny can do it, it will be of great benefit that she will have a crystal with her at all times when traveling far from Maretime Bay.
Another picture shows that we may have a new generation of the CMC on the way.
And as for Opaline, the pictures of her are a bit dull - but it looks like a huge tree branch is going through the room where she showed a flower to Misty. On the illustration of the dark castle in the new map, it is possible to see the outlines of a large tree against the castle building with branches sticking in. The castle itself has an old-fashioned feel which if from G4, the royal palace in Zephyr Heights is quite modern in comparison. It is possible that the castle may have already existed in G4, we know that there were many castles and fortresses in Equestria, as it was originally a feudal federation before Celestia began to centralize the country under a more unified rule. The site where the Canter Logic building stands in Maretime Bay was likely where a castle had been erected and later demolished.
And it is possible that Sunny and her friends will meet the sea ponies very soon, as a sea pony was depicted on the map not far from where Maretime Bay is located.
The big mystery is the forests that are to the northeast by an island, these obviously have an important role in the coming episodes.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Screenshot shows Glory, Seashell and Unnamed Filly will be in the special.
I don’t know why I’m still surprised at this but yeah, I’m still surprised seeing background characters from one medium actually appear in the other.
Dahlia already appeared so now I’m just waiting on Rufus.
WestRail642fan
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lord of Bacon
Screenshot shows Glory, Seashell and Unnamed Filly will be in the special.
I don’t know why I’m still surprised at this but yeah, I’m still surprised seeing background characters from one medium actually appear in the other.
Dahlia already appeared so now I’m just waiting on Rufus.
that unnamed filly appears to be Onyx
GoodVibesGorgeous
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Grumpy and antisocial
@icicle wicicle 1517
It would be easier to ask the actors themselves. The voice director probably would only tag them and politely ask them to say their roles in MLP (she did that once with somebody who wanted to know the cast of Transformers: BotBots).
GoodVibesGorgeous
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Grumpy and antisocial
@icicle wicicle 1517
I don’t think so, but it would be very useful. Like, somebody could ask Amanda Martinez and Athena Karkanis if any of them voiced Windy (as they probably are the only additional female voices in Zipp’s Flight School, assuming Windy wasn’t voiced by a main cast member). Or ask Amanda if she voiced the Shadowy Alicorn (as she kinda sounded like an evil Haven).
Background Pony #0AD1
NGL, I came kind of close to tearing up during the scenes with Argyle in today’s TYT episode.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide