MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #1B07
The official MLP YouTube channel released a compilation of clips from MYM.
That was… AWESOME! The best 7 minutes and 59 seconds of my life. Earth Ponies’ magic is surely my favorite one, despite the issues the folks from Maretime Bay are facing! And I never thought I would say it, but it’s nice to see Sprout again. I wonder who’s voicing him: Joshua Graham (as per A Maretime Bay Adventure) or somebody else.
Very interesting. Looks like Opaline’s sabotage had resulted in the worst possible scenario for her.
It’s obvious that she had Misty plant the mystical flower that we’ve seen, to create magical overloads when earthbound magic is used. We know from G4 that the earth pony magic is earthbound in three specific fields; rock/mineral, soil/sand and plants/vegetation. This happens by spreading magical energy through the earth elements. And Sprout typically cause CMC-level disasters without meaning to. What the earth ponies needed was to learn the importance of control like their ancestors.
The end of the compilation will not be described here, but I think we have seen the beginning of elemental magic in G5. If Opaline sees this, I bet her screams of rage drowned out everything for miles around.
Sunny verses Opaline; 1-0
Background Pony #1B07
@Background Pony #1B07
Control? Ancestors? I don’t think their ancestors had any control at all. They don’t even need to.
The earth ponies could control their magic in G4, but direct magical manipulation was not seen - simply because the magic available to the lone earth pony was not strong enough. We only need to look at the unicorns in G5, they are many times stronger than these in G4 in single object levitation. A lone unicorn can lift a statue where early on more were needed, with a few exceptions like Twilight and Starlight, most of the unicorns in G4 weren’t that strong. This is due to the Unity Crystals.
Here it appears that Opaline had sabotaged so that magical manipulation will get out of control when the earth ponies use their earthbound magic. A trailer clip has revealed that it wasn’t the earth ponies’ lack of control, but the magic that was the problem. And the magic could be affected by external factors in the intermediate link between the pony and the object. It is obvious where the mysterious flower came into the picture.
Once the Mane 5 found out, it was revealed that they had valuable advice that allowed the earth ponies to control their much stronger magic. Because it doesn’t happen instinctively and spontaneously like in G4, the lessons from unicorn magic training may have been applied. And as we have seen, it works. In G4, the magic was so weak that the earth ponies didn’t need to concentrate or use their mental abilities to stay in control. This was more driven by instinct. In G4, the unicorns had to learn how to use their magic.
It may be interesting to see what happens around the pegasi magic in future G5 episodes.
It will be ironic if it is the mysterious flower that becomes the surprise at the end of the compilaton.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Earth pony magic is still going to be a recurring issue, or at least for a single episode. That’s interesting. After TYT has moved away from magic problems it’s a nice reminder that yeah they still are getting used to it.
Background Pony #C1B1
Ironically in G4, unicorns were accused of having OP magic and earth ponies were left in the dust; now it seems like earth ponies have the OP magic and unicorns only have telekinesis (so far).
hironakamura
Artist -

@Spoopygirl
He’ll be around. Notice how he’s already playing his role perfectly.
He says his magic is really powerful. At first it sounds like bolster but at the end of the clips, after he tries to “ungrow” his first giant berry plant, he accidentally makes a second one grow behind him that’s even bigger. The set piece needed 5 ponies combined to stop his magic.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I like that Sprout’s doing community service. It makes sense after his…goof in the movie. But I why he hadn’t appeared in TYT if that’s where he’s been this whole time.
Like, the trash episode sure feels a lot different now that we know there really is at least one pony cleaning up Maretime Bay.
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

headcanon!
Bridlewood, Maretine Bay and Zephyr Heights are not the only cities/towns in G5 Equestria. They are just the main ones.
There are other towns but they aren’t as populated as the main ones.
For example I think Queen Haven rules all the pegasi towns, not just Zephyr Heights which is the main one.
Would make since for some ponies who seemed to have vanished and for the ponies that have popped up in TYT or MYM.
Characters that first appeared in TYT or MYM could have been from one of those lesser known towns and movie-exclusive characters had moved to one of those towns
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
Maybe he got arrested and put to community service after what happens in TYT?
could have still been in hiding during the events of TYT
(or more meta reason is that when they first started the TYT shorts they didn’t really have any plans for him and only thought about using him when the MYM series was being made)
Background Pony #C1B1
Do you think the unicorns will learn more spells other than levitation, like maybe some discover they can do other simple spells related to their special talents (assuming that’s still a thing) like the G4 unicorns? Or they’ll just still stick with levitation for a while.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I’m interested in an explanation, but for now it just feels like a missed opportunity. Much like Hitch’s disapproval of litter not being brought up in the same episode. Zipp showed more disdain for the trash than Hitch did.
Which is fine by me since I’m filthy shipping trash but that’s besides the point.
Background Pony #C1B1
I ship Hitch with Sunny, Zipp, and Pipp. Not Izzy though; not because I don’t like them together, just that that ship doesn’t appeal to me.
Background Pony #C1B1
Then they’ll be on the same level as early seasons unicorns. I think besides Twilight, Trixie, and even Rarity, we didn’t really see them using other magic?
hironakamura
Artist -

@Dustcan
If you disregard the wanted poster seen in TyT, it could simply be explained he’s been off camera this whole time. My theory is there was an embargo with his character so he couldn’t be used in TyT (or the comics) until he makes an appearance in MyM. Probably same with Sugar Moonlight and several other Canterlogic ponies. Could be a trade mark thing like how Care Bears dealt with Sunshine/Funshine Bear.
The MBA game seems to be an exception but that game must have been in development a while back. It was strange because in that game, earth ponies can fully control their magic and Sprout is still deputy. Maybe Hitch deputized him again and the game takes place one year into the future.
Background Pony #808E
Izzy challenges Alphabittle to an arts and crafts making contest.
Alphabittle immediately accepts, smugly telling Izzy not to cry TOO much when he wins.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide