MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

If I had to do a quick comparison between G4 and G5, I’d have to talk about the experience of watching Season One for the first time. The best way to sum it up is with a line from The Simpsons:
“When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory.”
With the “fireworks factory” being more info about Princess Luna, or another adventure episode. Eventually that expanded to any kind of big character moment, such as the fashion show at the end of Suited for Success.
So I guess with G4, it always felt like I was waiting for something. But with G5, I’m just enjoying the ride.
Background Pony #545C
I wonder what times the series will be released. In my Timezone it’s already the 26th.
I’m gonna have to watch clips of the series on YouTube, and maybe here, kinds inconvenience but at least I get to watch it
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Soon enough when the show premieres, I’m gonna have to unsubscribe from this thread cause me and my friend are gonna do some blind reactions to the episodes and I don’t want any spoilers at all.
@DerpyFast
Why even compare them at all when you can just enjoy them separately?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #13BA
That’s what I’m saying, you can just enjoy both G4 and G5 and not worry about debating which one is better. It is all ponies after all and that’s why we’re all still here on this site and fandom.
Background Pony #13BA
@Mr.Myoozik
As long as you don’t take the Disney Star Wars route (which caused massive scandals in their fandom) then it’s acceptable
Background Pony #C1B1
Finished the first episode: Izzy Does It. Not bad. I enjoyed it. I surprisingly like the opening.
Izzy and Pipp struggle with creativity block, but I feel Izzy is the only one who actually finds a solution for her. Pipp “unicycling” her old song doesn’t do it for me.
Zipp shows an interesting quirk of making notes for herself. Hitch is such a dad.
I don’t like Sparky’s role seems to just look cute and have magic that the others don’t notice.
Interesting. So there was a cloaking spell around Equestria. Maybe that’s why we haven’t seen any other creatures besides ponies.
Opeline(?) sure is dismissive of Misty, who actually has some good ideas. Definitely feels like Misty will join the Mane Five and get her cutie mark.
Background Pony #C1B1
Growing Pains:
Not really fond of how Sunny seems to be this friendship guru. Although I don’t remember when she got that mirror… Was it in the previous episode?
Both Hitch and Sunny bring up good points about earth pony magic. I hope the episode ends with both of them coming to a compromise instead of just one (looks like Sunny so far). Interestingly, each earth pony seem to have a different type of plant magic.
Sparky isn’t endearing himself to me. He is cute though.
I guess this episode takes place before some episodes in TYT since it’s mentioned Hitch hasn’t used his plant magic yet.
Wow, Hitch going through his villain phase early. I like this episode going through Hitch’s character and flaws, but he seems to be going through all these emotions so fast, it’s like he’s a drastic mood-swinger.
Twilight Sparkle!!! Yep, she’s a built-in message into the crystals. I guess we’re just ignoring that earth ponies supposedly have super strength and endurance.
They included the comic origin. Opaline confirmed to be the villain in the comics. So Twilight’s solution to defend Equestria was isolation and putting a sword over her citizens’ heads…
I can’t take Opaline seriously. I’m sorry, I really can’t.
It sort-of went with a compromise between the two of them, though Sunny is sigh more right.
A great Hitch episode.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide