MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

hironakamura
Artist -

@Harmonio
Wanna know who’s jumpy and paranoid? He’s red. Wanna know who was always suspicious of magic? Same red pony who is stubborn to change. He seems to brag about his magic for no apparent reason now.
People think this is character development. Its not. These things don’t happen in a vacuum. They happen when characters gain experience in view of the audience. I have a sneaking suspicion the current show runners don’t have a clear vision they want for the IP they inherited. That’s gonna be rough for g5.
Posted Report
Background Pony #486A
Anyone think the writers made Misty to replace Sprout as redeemed antagonist/sixth member because they thought Sprout was too unlikable?
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Background Pony #486A
I don’t think Sprout was ever planned to be a sixth main character. If he was, he probably would have been blue (as most of the Mane 6 share coat colors with the Mane 5, except Rainbow Dash) and an unicorn (the Mane 5 already have two Earth Ponies, and, no, Sunny’s alicorn form doesn’t make her less of an Earth Pony because it is merely a temporary power out).
Posted Report
Harmony Gladebloom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@hironakamura
Exactly - Sprout actually has the traits Hitch displayed in the first half of Growing Pains, and in the movie he’s a perfect foil to Hitch. That’s just tragically inconsistent characterization, and I hope the writers do a better job in the future. You don’t need to write a character like Hitch as their own foil just to drive a plot, and you especially shouldn’t do so without even using any plot devices to justify it.
Posted Report
hironakamura
Artist -

@GoodVibesGorgeous
He doesn’t need to be a sixth. There are no labels or naming conventions to correct writing.
Stories are like math. They have eqations and balance. A single sided coin cannot exist. A bird with one wing cannot fly. Etc.
No one expects Sprout to be whatever defines a main character. He’s just expected to be utilized so the other characters can shine. Marty Mcfly cannot be heroic if it wasn’t for Biff Tannen. Imagine Back to the Future without Biff Tannen. The movie would be very different.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #808E
They could recolor that pony that looks like her. If not they deem it as her without changing the textures.
@angryprogrockbrony
Ouch, I personally would never roast my friend but you do you.
@Background Pony #2ACF
Alternatively, Rod’s a ghost of guilt. But I really think only Discord can do that
@Background Pony #2ACF
Huh, bushy eyebrows + suspicious tales = Discord
@Andyxdr
That’s what Lightning Rod claimed. It could be completely false if not half-true. Knowing Discord, there are half-truths in everything he said. As such I can still piece together his time with Cosmos, the War of Nations with the canon.
@GoodVibesGorgeous
Where can I listen to this?
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
@hironakamura
I’ve never watched Back to the Future (nor pretty much all pop-culture movies from the 70s, 80s and 90s and before those decades), so I don’t understand the comparison.
@Phoenixflambe
You can listen to the podcast on Spotify, Deezer and… The Apple counterpart to those two services.
Posted Report
hironakamura
Artist -

@GoodVibesGorgeous
And that’s the big problem why pop culture is dying. People remake things left and right. He Man, She Ra, Ghost Busters, Star Wars, Star Trek, Rugrats, Tiny Toons, etc. They don’t understand what it is exactly that made these IPs great. The hardships and tribulations their original creators went through go over their heads. Which is ironic because when they inherit these things, they stand on the shoulders of the people who originally came up with it. I now understand why you’re standards were so low, willing to accept anything that’s thrown your way like a starving beggar. Its because you lack perspective. I won’t hold that against you. You’re just young born in a time when no one comes up with new stuff anymore because people don’t know how to anymore so all they do is recycle what came before.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
Is there any rule dictating characters should have last names? The Mane 5 asked Misty for one as though she’s expected to have one. Applejack, Rufus, Discord, Luna, Scootaloo, Rutherford, Spike, Ember, Gilda, Gallus and many more don’t have one. It seems off that they want to know and not just accept it.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

@Background Pony #545C
It’s literally for everyone to enjoy. If it was for little kids then it would be teaching ABCs like Sesame Street or somethin’
Everyone is allowed to enjoy cartoons that are chill, lighthearted, silly and cute. Not every cartoon need two seasons or more of mysteries or drama like Gravity Falls or Steven Universe If you don’t like it then there is fan fiction
Posted Report
Background Pony #545C
@DerpyFast
Yeah but that doesn’t say that it’s not for everyone to enjoy. The cast and directors haven’t actually stated that it’s only for people under 13 to enjoy.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide