MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
I missed last week (which is why none of the episode 29 tags were updated) but I have to say now that I’m caught up, Misty’s evil laugh attempt sent me.
Now, to watch the movie and all of MYM for the first time…
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

We haven’t seen Rocky in TYT for a while. Wonder if it’s a plot-related thing or they just don’t use him
Last time we saw him was in “Another Pony’s Trash” the 23rd episode. 7 episodes ago.
Sure, I like Jazz way better than Rocky. But it is still odd he hasn’t at least appeared in the background somewhere
Amphibian Swamp

@Dustcan
I loved that!
She looked so great! Sunny is my favourite alicorn! (“Favourite earth pony” goes to someone else)
I would say she’s my favourite of the M5 but that keeps changing so I guess I like each of the M5 equally
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Nightmare Night Party
I got a bit excited seeing the 30 min length on the Youtube thumbnail. On a hunch I skipped ahead a bit to see if it really was an extended episode but no, it’s just a new episode put inside a compilation. I know they’ve been doing that a lot with these shorts but this is the first time they debuted a new episode with one.
It’s great to see which tradition survived the ages. I wonder how much of Nightmare Night’s story is intact, and how much do ponies remember Luna. I mean, even by the time of FIM we already saw that Equestria had forgotten that NMM and Luna was the same pony.
I’m almost certain we’ve seen rarity wear Pipp’s costume. Or at least something like it, or somepony has. But I can’t figure out who it was or where.
I recognize the creepy twin girl reference with the Pippsqueaks which I’ll now be using since that’s what they’re refered to in MYM and “nuovo-CMC” is unwieldy but I’ve never actually seen the movie or know who they are.
Surprised at the “Princess Zephyrina” line. Weird of Pipp to say it and weird of Zipp to no flinch over it.
Hitch must really like that disco costume of his. And I almost wonder of Pipp was being sly with him by saying the getup wasn’t any different than usual and the mustache was the entire costume.
I’ve already mentioned the amount of bae with Nightmare Sunny (reminder:it’s a lot), but I think this is the first time TYT has alluded to Sunny being a history nut. It is a surprise that she picked NMM of all ponies and not Twilight though. I also wonder if the wings are a part of the getup or they just painted Sunny’s ethereal wings.
Well. There’s always been fusion with lead characters, and I don’t think Izzy’s costume will change that one bit.
Misty is here and in costume. I’m thinking this is half due to Opaline’s pestering and also as an unadmitted desire to partake in the festivities.
Pegasnails may or may not be a recent phenomenon if Opaline’s reaction is anything to go by.
Song’s okay. Maybe something to throw in in the background every once in a while but eh.
I like how Misty’s just been a background annoyance in these last 2 episodes. She and Opaline have been more entertaining as bumbling mischief makers than they were in MYM as semi-actual threats. Still, hope future episodes find a nice middle ground between 2 before the big spectacle where they take center stage as actual villainy.
Still wondering if “sparkles” are an actual thing or if Izzy is just being Izzy.
Oof. I too thought Opaline was working her way up to complimenting Misty, but the moment I saw those hopeful eyes I knew we both were in for disappointment. Opaline is not just her boss, she’s technically her stepmom after all.
Before it was earth ponies who were scrubs. Now pegasi have the least flashy magic. How the turns have tabled these unknown number of moons. Unicorns are still the master race so all’s right in Equestria though.
Izzy’s still trying to break Misty out of her shell. Misty’s totes gonna join the Mane 5 and Izzy will finally get that unicorn friend.
Yeah this was a pretty good episode. Still sour about being wrongfooted with the length but hey I’m already well used to the 5 min runtime. Seeing the Pippsqueaks laughing with Rufus over him spooking them was nice and makes me want to see a future episode showing them beings friends. Seeing side characters develop is always fun, and since Rufus isn’t a stranger to them we know the Pippsqueaks won’t have a problem getting into his unmarked van for free ice cream.
I wonder if Misty will get that compliment before or after she betrays Opaline though?
Background Pony #808E
Could G5 become the Star Trek: TNG of MLP? A sequel to a massively popular show that had a rough start and was stuck in its predecessor’s shadow, but eventually got better and could stand on its own?
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #808E
Funny you should mention that. I recently finished Star Trek: The Original Series, and started TNG. Like ANG, the TNG premier had a bunch of things that were definitely going to catch the attention of returning fans:
  • The commanding officers wear red shirts
  • There’s a klingon in the main cast
  • The ship can split into two parts
  • Picard surrenders in the first episode
  • It’s got a more serious tone
  • Picard is probably not going to solve problems by making out with alien women
It’s funny, because The Original Series is great, but it can be hard to take seriously sometimes because of the lack on continuity, Shatner’s acting, and general 60s cheesiness. It’s G5 that has a similar stigma, because of how the animation looks.
But you know what G5 actually reminds me of? The big picture reminds me of The MCU. The setting is evolving, and there are distinct phases separated by big events. On a smaller scale, it reminds me of The Simpsons. The setting is developed enough that you can just grab a couple of characters and pair them up for a story.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

Well… there’s possibly more but… in “Mane Melody” Pipp was showing Izzy what some manestyles would look on her before she tried them. Which was the one that covered her face for the rest of the episode.
In the beginning of “All That Jazz” Dahlia was seeing what certain patterns would look on her hooves using a similar mirror.
If you meant the mask then…
Dunno. It just looks good on her, matches the dyed part of her mane (assuming the purple is dye). I guess it’s just my opinion
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

So here’s something:
We know that Zipp and Queen Haven used to have a good relationship that deteriorated at some point. Now, Queen Haven wants to rebuild that relationship, but it’s a two-way street. In Portrait of a Princess, Haven is willing to call Zipp “Detective Zipp”, but Zipp has to show some affection first.
There’s a parallel between this and the Portrait Day song. I think this is a song Queen Haven came up with, to get her daughters to cooperate. It’s two lines that are requests, then two lines that are an emotional reward. The final scene of the episode bookends this idea; Zipp willingly showed up for portrait day, and it looks like Queen Haven let them get it over with as quickly as possible.
Posted Report
Background Pony #808E
Sugar Moonlight sees that Sunny is an alicorn. She then humblebrags.
“Wow, you’re an alicorn now! And I’m just a rich and successful model/influencer with tons of followers”.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Took me too long to realize but Zipp dressing up as a Robin Hood-esque archer is probably more of her rebelling against her status as a princess again.
Posted Report
Background Pony #808E
G5 isn’t inspiring the number of fan songs that G4 did.
Why is that?
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Tirek, Chrysalis and Sombra cosplays when?
I liked the newest episode of Tell Your Tale, it was fun seeing Misty act like a villain
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide