MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #808E
What if a major part of Misty’s character arc is getting over the emotional damage Opaline has caused her?
Posted Report
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, to be fair, some very well-known musicians from G4 were also all much younger back then. For example BlackGryph0n or The Living Tombstone. So I can understand that after more than 10 years you want to move in a different direction as an artist.
And somehow I’m not surprised that G5 hasn’t really created a “new” fanbase yet. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that G4 once had that “it’s new and different” charm, but more importantly, the way G5 is distributed.
It’s all well and good that the movie and MYM are on Netflix and TYT is on YouTube. But wasn’t it one of the strengths of G4 back then to be released on a weekly basis? Okay, so TYT does that too. But as short five-minute cartoon. That’s just not enough.
In my opinion, one of the great strengths of G4 was that there was always only one episode a week, and then the fandom had 7 days to discuss it, create music, art, etc. And when the hiatus came, people were full of impatience until a new season appeared. But you knew it was going to take about half a year, and then it would continue.
With G5, I feel like we’re missing the same pacing here.
I think G5 is kind of making life difficult for itself. And for the fandom. Both the old one and the new one. I mean, I can deal with it. But I don’t expect G5 to automatically have the same impact and appeal as G4 because of it. Because it doesn’t. Not only because it’s a successor to G4 - which I personally like, but others dislike because they wanted something fresh. But because it doesn’t have the same regularity as G4. It’s hard for the show to attract new musicians, video makers, artists and so on in this way. So I’m just glad that some old G4 veterans are still loyal to G5. ;-)
Posted Report
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, she already has a better back history than Starlight Glimmer. And I say that as a Starlight fan. But I guess MYM is called “make your mark” for a reason. Misty’s cutie mark (arc). ;-)
Well, at the moment she still has the chance to push Opaline down from a very great height. In fact, that’s the real reason Opaline wants to get her magic back. She’s just afraid of not being able to use her wings. Damn. The first Villain who knows what it must feel like to be Scootaloo. ^^!
Posted Report
Background Pony #808E
What if the reason Twilight is in her pre-The Last Problem form in the hologram is because storing the magic inside the Unity Crystals used up so much of her power, that she reverted back to her pre-The Last Problem form?
Posted Report
Vortaxonus

@Background Pony #808E
i would conteract by saying the studio got lazy either due to poor research or because they didn’t want do to the flowy mane thing, but considering princess luna has shown a similar presedent it’s not totally out of the question.
Posted Report
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DerpyFast
well it’s likely that she used most of her magic to make the crystals, which probably is why she’s that same as she was before her 2.0 form in the last problem
It’s also plausible that even if Twilight actually were immortal, being so severely drained may compromise that. Which would explain her not being around to properly deal with Opaline.
Posted Report
Vortaxonus

@DoctorWTF
It also should be noted it could be someone other than oplaine, as in twilight speech the instances where a name for the she/her mentioned were conventiatly gliched out, which kinda feels like an oddly specific detail if she was talking about opaline. At least to me anyways.
Posted Report
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
Finally made my way through the new stuff since Chapter 2 dropped.
It’s overall okay, found myself enjoying it more as it went on (As always, the sister episodes are the best parts of G5). Having watched the newest TYTs immediately after, I find myself wishing there was some post-movie g5 that had the strengths of both series.
The comic any good?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide