MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

I wonder what the characters not in the movie would have canonically been doing during the movie. Sorry if I’m spamming, I just wanna ramble on and make small theories/discussions…
Anyway… here is what I think they would have been doing during the movie
I can totally see Posey either joining the angry mob or not bothering and just staying home.
Doesn’t really seem in-character for Jazz to join the angry mob, I think. Also, in the podcasts. It’s been implied she was a fan of Pipp before magic returned so… I guess she woulda stayed home or something, not wanting to be part of the drama
Rocky was most likely elsewhere, like working at a salon, or something if he did before working at Mane Melody. I suppose all the pegasi would have watched the concert there or somewhere else. Unless they weren’t a fan of Pipp
Misty would surely be listening to Opaline and working for her
Opaline would have been watching… and waiting I suppose
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
after watching today’s tyt episode I gotta ask: why didn’t they just use sparky to cook the cake instead of the kid’s oven
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

Also, oddly, when I first discovered Jazz, I thought she looked like Mrs Cake from G4… but they don’t really have anything in common, besides being earth ponies with pink-ish manes, blue-ish bodies (Jazz is more turquoise tho, and a lot younger) and they work with a pink pony who is part of the main cast
Background Pony #9F47
What if the next Pipp Podcast has Alphabittle as the guest, and the episode is about good sportsmanship?
Posted Report
Background Pony #9F47
What if we get a Pipp-centered episode about a controversial social media star, with the episode being about social media/video sharing stars behaving badly, and how both the platforms they use and their fanbases enable their behavior?
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
One of the most recent MYM Scene Compilation on MLP’s YouTube channel used the scene of Growing Pains where Misty’s horn is missing. So, I assume only Netflix has the corrected version.
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
Oh, and about the “Opaline = Flurry Heart” theory… Well, I don’t think they’re one and the same, but Opaline may be her sister (Cadance and Shining may have decided to have another child) or even daughter.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

TYT opinion:
… in my opinion, TYT does a better job at being cute and wholesome than funny. Their jokes are either overused, forced or stupid. A few were funny or entertaining at least but I think they’re holding back on the possibilities.
A few episodes were meh or straight up gave me bad memories and put me in a bad mood for a few days (looking at you, Filly Filling!) while some kinda left me unsatisfied but they had a few okay parts like “Sunny-days Dinner”
While ones that focused on cute and wholesome moments like “All That Jazz” and “Starscout Code” were better in my opinion
Episodes clearly had potential but they held back. For example… “Baby Critters” could have a bit more random, and less predictable. It is the first episode that only focused on a side character. It was clear they wanted to do slapstick humor but most of it has been done before. They focused on the food in face too many times. It was entertaining the first few times but it’s kinda gotten stale
Still using “Baby Critters” as an example: If it were up to me I would have had an anvil fall on her head instead of a slice of cake, face plant into a cactus, animals track mud in the house and get her and everything all muddy. Then a stampede of animals rush in, flattering her when she is in their way, and then party. (This wouldn’t make a bad fan-fic, actually, I might write this…) The it ends with the M5 returning home with her all tied up and the animals running around, making a mess.
Some episodes felt too alike too. “Sunny-Days Dinner” felt too similar to “T.U.E.S Day” but I won’t complain about this. Because honestly “Clip Trot” is kinda like “All That Jazz” but “All That Jazz” did it way better! I even go back sometimes because it’s such a sweet episode. And I’m hyperfixated on Jazz
Character designs are odd but I am used to them. Prefer the MYM and I see this as a complete alternate universe. I might share my views on MYM later. I do prefer some TYT versions against the MYM versions and the other way around. Like I absolutely hate TYT Jazz but I like MYM Jazz
Wished they looked a bit more horselike. Sometimes the muzzles more resemble pug noses or human noses
So it may be a bit rocky… a few ups and downs but… nothing is perfect. Every show, including MLP G5 and G4 has goods and bads. TYT may kinda be a bit cheesy but, it’s somewhat entertaining, every episode is like flipping a coin, spinning a wheel or rolling a dice. Yeah… well. I have hope that it’s gonna improve. I do look forward to each episode, and it is worth the wait to see what silly things the ponies might get up to.
Amphibian Swamp

MYM opinion
I have only watched them in parts/clips. I love Misty! I can relate, Opaline is like my dad! But with words. Poor, poor Misty. Also, she kinda reminds me of a mix of Peridot and Lapis from Steven Universe. Everyone loves her, she under the rule of a cruel person and she’s blue
I think it’s a bit better than TYT in my opinion. Plotwise, character designs and the songs.
I think the songs are fine… surely a variety will start happening as this show grows. Plus the ones now are alright
I think the episode that implied that Sparky is getting more popular that Pipp. Then Pipp stops it (?) is kinda stupid. You don’t have to focus on one streamer, you can focus on multiple. Just because one person is getting lots of views doesn’t mean anyone else s losing theirs. I can name a lot of youtubers who are still popular even with more popular things happening that aren’t them. Plus being popular doesn’t mean the best. “Being the best” is for an individual to decide for themselves
The character designs are fine, I like the hooves. A bit too humanlike but whatever. Wish the manes rooted from the necks too. I wonder if Jazz will have ears in the future or if they will turn this into a part of her character… I think she looks uncanny without ears at times, but I think this would make a sweet plot about disability. Also her face shape seems a bit flatter or rounder than most other ponies… interesting (or maybe it just looks like that from the way she has her mane)
Also… It’s kinda odd that Jazz apparently has her own toy/figure already, but no one else besides the M5 and Sprout (I think) has one. I think Queen Haven should be next, so the royal family can be complete!
Anyway… I like MYM Rocky’s design better that TYT.
It has its sweet moments. Needs more slapstick tho. I think the best ones are the ones people put in clips on here or YouTube.
I’m excited to see how this grows. I think people are being a bit harsh on it. Sure it’s not gonna be like G4 because it isn’t G4. It’s G5, new show, character and locations. But I kinda wonder if we’ll see Trixie and Fluttershy in G5 style
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@The Crystal Artist
Seems to me they’re toning down the violence in slapstick even though Tom and Jerry was genuinely funny because of the violent slapstick. I mean, Twilight survived heavy things dropped on her head before. Meanwhile, Derpy had a month long stay at the hospital to treat her brain damage.
@The Crystal Artist
Like Pewdiepie?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide