MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I tried making bread last week.
Followed a video tutorial and everything.
All I ended up with was a dough-y goop. Don’t know what went wrong but somehow following a recipe to the exact just wasn’t enough.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I think my blood sugar levels rose after watching this episode
I liked this one, it was pretty fun, though I got to dock points for having the background song be way too loud for some reason and drown out the dialogue. Was I watching My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale or Kid N’ Play’s cartoon? Seeing the other four pull a Ratatouille and remember their younger days was pretty cute.
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Grumpy and antisocial
@Mr.Myoozik
Ironically, the opposite occurs in the Brazilian Portuguese dubbing (at some point, it was decided that TYT songs would remain in English in all versions when sung offscreen). You can barely hear the singing when the characters are speaking (I wonder if the dubbing studio’s staff got the song directly from Hasbro or if they had to use some kind of program to remove the English speaking lines).
Posted Report
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
I just realized, sunny, figgy, and alphablittle, doesn’t have eggs to use on the cookies they bake, and chickens aren’t seen anywhere in this timeline, nowadays.
I know, there’s birds shown in the movie, and other parts of the series, I just don’t count those cause most wild birds can’t produce eggs that much, and without a male mate anyway.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I notice at the end Pipp and Zipp’s plate is empty while Hitch’s and Izzy’s plate still has one cookie left.
Nice touch. The sisters were sharing a plate so of course they’d empty theirs before the others.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Jazz’s vanished ears was pretty random and was fun for jokes, fan fics and headcanons… Pretty random how it was specifically Jazz and how it was her ears. But I do hope she gets her ears soon (Her lack of ears being part of who she is would be good too, like a disability)
I think she looks better with them. She looks more horse-like with them in my opinion
Background Pony #332E
Sunny defeats Opaline.
Opaline trots over to Sunny, then suddenly bows down before her.
Opaline: Please teach me about friendship!
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I think magic in G5 follows similar rules to Dresden Files. The formula seems to be: meaning/intent + magic = results. Bonus points if you have materiel components that are thematically related.
A couple things from Dresden Files:
  • Harry Dresden makes an Escape Potion using Jolt cola, a flickering shadow, mouse scampers, a drop of motor oil, shavings of a bird’s feather, Three oz. of chocolate-covered espresso beans ground into powder, a shredded bus ticket, and a broken chain.
  • He uses pseudo-Latin phrases to make his casting more effective.
I think that lets what’s happening in certain episodes make more sense:
  • Anti-aging cream + magic = reverse-aging cream
  • The intent to travel + a mishmash of travel/flight related things + magic = The Marestream
  • The phrase “frosty shivers” means something to the unicorns, so that gives it power, even if they didn’t intend for it to cause winter.
  • The latest TYT episode: all the little things Sunny does to make the cookies are important.
I’ll point out that magic doing things the caster didn’t intend or consciously intend has been a thing since Season One:

Posted Report
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
So from what I can tell based on two Webm uploads, “Frosty Shivers”, aside from being an incantation to delete expended energy from the universe, is also the unicorns’ name for Winter. Subsequently, they feel compelled to chant it whenever it snows.
Furthermore, this suggests they didn’t even have fire.
Posted Report
Background Pony #C272
So from what I can tell based on two Webm uploads, “Frosty Shivers”, aside from being an incantation to delete expended energy from the universe, is also the unicorns’ name for Winter. Subsequently, they feel compelled to chant it whenever it snows.
Furthermore, this suggests they didn’t even have fire.
As with this book in C3, the page with the three “guardians” has two symbols, one about fire - the other about ice. What that means is not understood. We only know from the book itself which is confusing, that there are three specific topics; firstly, that the “guardians” who can symbolize the three tribes, had begun to forget, secondly, the two symbols of fire versus ice - the unicorn with ice and the earth pony with fire. And third is that the tribes were gathered at a time when Twilight Sparkle was absent.
The book revealed at least that the Crystal Empire may still exist in G5, and the three mysterious unicorns on the cover are not explained, and that Zephyr Heights was possibly not a pegasi city to begin with, the headdress that Pipp wears is seen on a unicorn.
We now know for sure that the Winter Wishday is more the ponies’ form of the Thankgiving Day than the Christmas, even if the Christmas traditions are included in the celebrations. Just hope that TYT has something special at Christmas time.
The new game “Mane Merge” is now out, and this shows that Opaline is much stronger than expected. Her evil roots that she created in Bridlewood spread to the mountain that Zephyr Heights rests on and Maretime Bay in the coast tens of miles away. This is reminiscent of the roots of Everfree that went berserk at the beginning of the S9, so it’s a G4 reference. As Opaline obviously uses corrupt magic, it creates two facts; first, that the magic in Everfree was evil and corrupt, and second, that Opaline herself is corrupt. But the lack of signs of magical corruption on Opaline then suggests that she is “still” in a pre-corrupted state.
We see the alicorn magic for the first time in G5, these Sunny did unwillingly early in TYT do not count. And considering the revelations about Opaline’s secret abilities - the earth is sure to shake when the alicorns’ true strength is revealed to the ponies. For Sunny not only has her alicorn powers, she has the Unity Crystals - and most importantly, her friends with these cutie marks that make it possible to help her out. Friendship will save the world.
Posted Report
Background Pony #C272
That didn’t help Starlight, wait - after she took the Mane 6’s cutie marks, she was betrayed by the pony she least expected trouble from, Fluttershy, who found allies and then exposed her.
This is a good confirmation that we have found Fluttershy’s successor in G5, and it is possible that Misty’s fake cutie mark is based on her real cutie mark that Opaline may have stolen. And Sunny is not yet linked with Twilight as her successor, possibly because she hasn’t passed the test of fire as a leader and future princess. She will get that when she meets Opaline.
Even though Sunny will get her cutie mark back, it won’t be easy for her to face Opaline in battle, as the spell that allows her to take cutie marks from other ponies enables her to take magic from others like dragons and ponies. The dragon fire that Misty had obtained for her in C2 had awakened some of her latent powers - and from ‘Mane Merge’ this was enough to cover a large area of at least two days of travel. At full strength, no pony will be able to stand against her. Only an alicorn can. That’s why Opaline considered Sunny the biggest threat to her.
So when the first season ends next year, the Mane 5 will become the New Mane 6, and Sunny will have cemented her future as Twilight’s successor. But I don’t think her fate will be decided until much later, possibly when she meets Twilight. For Sunny, one chapter of the adventures will be replaced by a new one, this time with a new friend and a world waiting for her and her friends.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Because I have absolutely no life whatsoever, I tried to clear up the one page of the book in Winter Wishday that everyone is having trouble deciphering, and I think I finally have a very rough idea of what it’s saying after giving it a flip and a touch up in Photoshop with Hard Light.
“So unicorns place crystals. Love lasts among enemies.”
Like I said in the upload description, if you can enhance the image better and get a better idea of what it says, PLEASE notify me.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ve heard people make the Misty/Tempest comparison, so here’s my take:
Misty is being manipulated by her surrogate mother. She hasn’t shown any positive qualities, but she clearly has no business being a villain, either. More than anything, she just deserves a chance to live a normal life free of Opaline’s influence.
Tempest knew exactly what she was doing. She was good at it, and was getting paid to do it. At the same time, she has a ton of positive qualities. She’s polite, professional, respectful, she’s a good leader and she gets results. The Movie makes it clear that she doesn’t even need her horn back, and that she’s worked very hard to get to that point. On its own, that’s pretty heroic.
By not getting her horn back, everything Tempest can do belongs to her. If The Storm King restored it, then anything she could do with it would belong to him, and be permanently tainted by what Tempest did to earn it.
And this is the main parallel between Tempest and Misty. If Opaline gave Misty a cutie mark, she would belong to Opaline. If Misty is able to get one on her own, she would truly own herself.
I’d be really impressed if the confrontation ended not with Misty getting her CM, but with the opportunity to get one later, on her own terms.
Misty switching sides is the obvious twist, so I wonder if we’ll get an unexpected twist.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide