MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@DerpyFast
Id say misty switching sides isnt really a “twist” as everything is pointing to it plot wise.
Also yeah considering the cutie mark magic opaline apparently has, it would be a cool twist if she could actually give misty one. Also good point on the giving a mark would mark her as hers.
Also yeah i would like to see either her get one from opaline, then reject it as she joins the others, getting one later. Or her getting her mark in something related to something and it is a unique talent.
Posted Report
Background Pony #C272
Because I have absolutely no life whatsoever, I tried to clear up the one page of the book in Winter Wishday that everyone is having trouble deciphering, and I think I finally have a very rough idea of what it’s saying after giving it a flip and a touch up in Photoshop with Hard Light.
“So unicorns place crystals. Love lasts among enemies.”
Like I said in the upload description, if you can enhance the image better and get a better idea of what it says, PLEASE notify me.
So… does this explain Izzy’s behavior when they got to Bridlewood in the movie? The crystals in Bridlewood are obviously very important as we saw in C3 that these can store and amplify pony magic transferred to them. Maybe the unicorns until the movie, possibly when Izzy was just a filly, hadn’t been so depressed because the magic in the crystals helped them; but then it ended.
The book confuses more and more. But thanks for the work.
Posted Report
Background Pony #332E
Spike had his share of fans.
You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who likes Sparky.
Posted Report
GaruuSpike
Leonard Jubinatt - For Patreon supporters
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Gold Supporter - Gold Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Emotional support birb
@Background Pony #332E
That’s true. Spike was a lovable screw-up. He made a lot of embarrassing mistakes because he was just an incompetent kid, but at least he meant well and was trying to improve. We saw ourselves in him, because we were all like that once, and the memories of our embarrassing mistakes still haunt us late at night when we’re trying to sleep.
Sparky is an actively malicious toddler that keeps getting the drop on those trying to wrangle him. He’s capable of extreme damage, too slippery to wrangle, and either too young to understand that he needs to cut that shit out or is fully aware of it but chooses not to. And no one likes those kinds of characters.
I say this as someone who really likes the Papa Hitch tag and is heartbroken that Sparky went from “slightly annoying but harmless baby” to “destructive and evil baby.”
Posted Report
GaruuSpike
Leonard Jubinatt - For Patreon supporters
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Gold Supporter - Gold Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Emotional support birb
@LoreJuniper
You’re right; he was harmless in Ch3, but after his destruction in Have You Seen This Dragon? (Ch2E8) and some of the more questionable scenes in TYT, I’m not sure if he’s grown out of that yet. Like I said, I love the father-son thing between him and Hitch, and hope that we get to see Sparky grow up.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Spike had his share of fans.
You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who likes Sparky.
I like him? He’s not really my kind of character, but I get a chuckle out of some of his antics and enjoy the father-son dynamic between him and Hitch.
Posted Report
Applepie2010

Yakyakistan
I like him? He’s not really my kind of character, but I get a chuckle out of some of his antics and enjoy the father-son dynamic between him and Hitch.
I also like Sparky
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Stray thoughts on The Marestream:
Back in G4, you had Twilight’s balloon. It was to promote a toy, sure, but it was also iconic in its own right. It was part of the title sequence. Pinkie rode in it to commentate on The Running of the Leaves. It’s how The Mane Six got to Cloudsdale. It played a part in defeating Discord.
So I think, at worst, The Marestream is just Twilight’s balloon, but it’s explained who owns it and where it came from.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I see all this art of the G4 Mane 6 and the G5 Mane 5 at odds with each other and complaining on who’s better. I personally think that both groups would get along with each other since it fits with the whole friendship idea and how it transcends generations. Mostly, I see Pinkie and Izzy really getting along with each other and seeing each other as best friends.
Posted Report
Background Pony #332E
What if G5 did an episode where a police officer, sheriff, or other law enforcement officer gets in trouble for being corrupt, and Hitch goes on a rant about how he’s tired of law enforcement officers in the news giving good, honest cops like him a bad name?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide