MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@2012InMyHeart
Being a brony does not affect my opinion on someone at all.
“Oh this person is racist :( but they like a band i like! Theyre cool now!”
Regardless lets actually discuss g5, kapeesh?
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I also wonder now if Tell Your Tale is divided into multiple mini-seasons of fourteen (or so) episodes. I mean, look at this pattern…
14th episode: Sunny gets important character development regarding her alicorn powers.
28th episode: Last episode before the two current main villains, Misty and Opaline, make their debut.
42nd episode: Last episode of 2022, ends on a big firework show exemplifying unity between the three pony tribes, G5’s core theme.
And 70 episodes have been ordered, 70 being a number divisible by 14. It does feel like more than just a coincidence.
Posted Report
Background Pony #F828
After Sparky, I never want to hear people complain about Spike again.
Posted Report
Background Pony #13BA
Doesn’t it take a long time for a dragon to start speaking normal sentences? If I remember correctly it took Twilight’s whole childhood and teenage years for him to start talking. Assuming that these rules apply to G5, the mane 5 would be middle aged or older like the mane 6. By that time they would be done with all of their adventures and whatnot. So yeah, I don’t believe that Sparky is going to be a real character anytime soon..
Posted Report
Background Pony #3E52
My gut tells me that something BIG is coming in March-April.
Hasbro has chosen to adjust TYT and MYM so that these complement each other, and many indications are that IDW Comics and the games are brought in to create a mosaic of a unified world of all different media. And the thing about the single issue about Twilight Sparkle that will come out, revealed that they intend to reveal her fate. C4 of MYM will see the first clash between Opaline and Sunny. This will end the Opaline Arc at the same time as the Discord Arc ends.
We’ve learned enough to understand that the two alicorns are in a battle over Twilight’s legacy, who will be her successor and decide the Ponykind’s future. This will not end with the Opaline Arc, but Sunny will then move towards her destiny which will be sealed at the end when she is given the choice to become a princess or not. Opaline will only be a learning process for the future alicorn. We know who are the successors of Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow and Pinkie. Sunny doesn’t show up because she has to prove herself worthy, while Misty needs redemption into a new life.
We’ve been given a possible hint as to what happened to Twilight, and that Equestria had collapsed under much more traumatic circumstances than the loss of friendship or just the disappearance of magic. We know Hologram-Twilight will possibly play an important role in S2 which could start in C5, when Sunny must learn to control her powers and travel out into the world in search of new friends and allies.
It is possible that C4 - or C5 - will reveal something essential that will dominate the entire background of G5 towards the end. We’ve been vaguely hinted in a recent children’s book that Opaline may not know how Equestria collapsed, and Twilight ruled over something far, far greater than G4-Equestria. Like if there’s an empire out there waiting for Twilight’s successor. That then brings up a question, to which we will possibly get a small answer; What - or who was responsible for the end of the G4 world?
G5 needs some thrills and excitement after the somewhat lukewarm season we have soon completed.
If we see Grogar’s bell - magically active - at the bottom of the sea, even if the possibility of this is very small - we have got the answer and a lot to look forward to. The idea that Grogar will become the end boss of the G5 and that he was responsible for Equestria’s collapse is very tempting because it would then mean that the ultimate evil in the whole MLP has returned. Then it makes Sunny’s role much more important together with all her friends who will become the New Mane 6.
It is only now that the G5 really starts. Because it’s win or lose for the next few months.
Posted Report
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Badge Dragon
The only villain I’m interested in carrying over from G4 is Sombra, and that’s only because I want to continue his tradition of going away for a while, showing up, and getting exploded to death.
I want this new generation to have some new antagonists. Preferably moving past Rita Repulsa at some point.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Tbh i wanna see the terrible 3 since they were very much bait at the last s10 comic panel (plus they could very much be a threat sunny releases in her attempt to do good)
idc about tirek, chrys is good but shes vurnerable without an army. Altho cozy glow in the low magic g5 setting would be a terrifying threat
Altho yeah i want mainly new villians
like 4 new for every 1 old at least
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide