MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@The Crystal Artist
And jumping back again.
@Background Pony #4FA5
It wasn’t fake, it was a biased half-truth.
@DerpyFast
The g4 original 3 locations wasn’t distinct but g5 is? They’re the same.
@DerpyFast
They lost, except it wasn’t their own physical lives. Tirek would’ve originally committed genocide till he changed his mind in season 9 that there’ll be nothing left to take.
@Mr.Myoozik
That’s the one where Zipp interrogates Misty but went nowhere because Pipp made it become one big misunderstanding?
@Background Pony #4FA5
Opaline succeeded where every villain before her failed. But I think the real Grogar would still be more cunning and powerful than she ever was.
@The Crystal Artist
Zipp, she’s mature first to Hitch.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Hmm what character arcs do yall want for the future for the characters?
For me:
Sunny- I feel like her having an ongoing goal of saving twi (considering its likely twi is the magic) would be good, as for a more short term goal, idk her being a historian and opening a proper library or trying to find relics like her father did would be neat. As for personal arcs, maybe a thing about her being too into the idea of redeeming bad ponies (as she’s inspired by the m6), even at the cost of hurting those near her, and her learning to put others before her ideals.
Izzy- Learning about her familys past and bridlewood would be neat. For personal arcs, touching on her loneliness and such would be neat, its obv been mentioned comically alot but going more into it would add some more depth
Hitch- Idk really. Most of his focus is on sparky
Zipp- Multiple ways to take her personality wise, i suppose a goal would be to make a wonderbolts like thing
Pipp- focusing more on some internet development episodes would be nice. Like say her getting a bit of humility of not being the top, some more her relating to other ponies and some more creativity stuff would be cool
Misty- i think we all know what arc she’ll have, im just hoping it to be done well.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
For arcs, I want Sunny to learn more about just how important her dad’s research was as she explores more of Equestria’s past, I want Izzy to reveal more about her ancestors, something that will tie in with more lore about Bridlewood, I want Pipp to climb the economic ladder with her business and become the leader of her own corporation, I want exactly what many fans want for Misty, her likely fated redemption arc, and I want arcs for Zipp and Hitch that will intertwine about Zipp finally becoming a deputy, getting shown the ropes by Hitch, and then moving on to solving the case of the century with Hitch.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Thats nice! Tbh for misty i kinda want her to have her own little but where she can be evil. Whether thru her own actions or corrupted by magic, i think she deserves to be a little evil, as a treat <3
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Shimmering Spectacle
Well yeah thats classical structure. Considering shes an abused child and that this is a kids show its kinda gaurnteed. We all kinda know the broad strokes of how itll happen but i do hope they make it special
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Very opinion heavy. I respect everyone’s opinions.
That Jazz and Pipp stops being friends, and Jazz stops working at Mane Melody permanently. Maybe even getting replaced. Jazz personally makes me angry, and start having these violent thoughts towards her. Like wanting to cut her, for example. I don’t want these thoughts to be happening, it’s like my brain wants everyone to know I hate Jazz
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ve been thinking more about Zipp an Pipp today. Pipp is on her phone all the time, yet it’s Zipp who’s always off in her own world. Zipp is rebellious and craves stimulation, but Pipp is the one who’s the most open to new experiences. In fact, Pipp is so focused on “the new” that it never occurs to her to rework one of her existing songs. Pipp and Sunny are more open to new expriences, Hitch and Zipp are less open, and Izzy is in the middle.
@Phoenixflambe
Culturally, they have more going on in G5.
@LoreJuniper
I will get back to you on that. I feel like Zipp’s arc is about becoming more emotionally available and patching things up with her family.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Mr.Myoozik
I feel that either:
  1. The town didn’t care anymore about the holiday because of how disconnected they are
  2. Izzy is ruining what the holiday stood for and gave it an even worser rep
  3. It’s an obligatory holiday where the town is doing bare necessities by simply bonding together
  4. It’s a holiday they don’t want to be forced into
    Or 5) The holiday has evolved and Izzy didn’t catch up nor get the memo.
  1. It’s more of a nitpick than anything, but if that was the case, then why didn’t they get rid of the holiday?
  2. True that but she had good intentions.
  3. Pretty odd that the entire town would be like that when I feel like there would at least be a few who were festive.
  4. I know I wouldn’t.
  5. Not sure, but I would imagine holidays are celebrated differently in other cultures.
Posted Report
Background Pony #3F82
@Background Pony #4FA5
Opaline succeeded where every villain before her failed. But I think the real Grogar would still be more cunning and powerful than she ever was.
That’s the thing… we don’t know what had happened.
Opaline admitted that she lost her magic, was banned from Equestria and based on what we’ve seen of her and her home, likely under house arrest in chains. Hologram-Twilight had said she salvaged the magic from her but didn’t remove it. Until now, Opaline had refused to say whether she had succeeded, instead we see a bitterness and deep jealousy towards Twilight as when she exploded on seeing the Wishing Star in TYT. She truly has strong inferiority complexes towards Twilight. The only sentence came out in a random children’s book, when she noted that Twilight ruled over an empire - which must be much larger than Equestria - and that it “glitched out”. That’s a strange statement from someone who was supposed to be behind Equestria’s collapse according to you.
It’s as we’ve seen between Tirek and his father, Opaline must have had a close relationship with Twilight that we don’t yet know about, and that she considered herself to be in Twilight’s shadow until now. According to Discord - we don’t know yet if the arc from the IDW comics will be canon - Opaline wants a “perfect Equestria” by having full control over all magic that she believed to be the alicorns’ domain and establishing her power over the Ponykind . This does not indicate evil or destructive ambitions, it is more about a violent seizure of power, she is simply a usurper. But there are clear signs that the bitterness over the centuries has corrupted Opaline, who is only a few steps away from being completely corrupted, which could explain her treatment of Misty who may have greatly deteriorated after the return of magic. Misty doesn’t think Opaline is evil.
Since Twilight is gone, Opaline now has a free path towards her goal - all she needs to do is remove the Mane 5 and gain control over the ponies, after stealing the Mane 5’s cutie marks she wants to go to Zephyr Heights and subjugate the pegasi , and will then take the Unity Crystals in Maretime Bay. But then it is possible that Misty will save the situation for the Mane 5. Also, the G5 ponies have forgotten the rule of never standing in the way of an alicorn and will probably team up against her.
We know what the berserker button is for Twilight, as Tirek figured out - if Sunny sees Opaline attacking ponies that she feels an instinctive urge to protect, it might make her go berserk if she’s got her alicorn powers back. But Opaline will be stronger and more experienced, so Sunny must enlist the magical help of her friends to hold out against the older alicorn. Only an alicorn can stop an alicorn.
Maybe the fight can lead Sunny and Opaline to the meadow with the ex-Harmony Tree.
Regardless of the outcome of the initial clash between Opaline and Sunny over Twilight’s legacy and the Ponykind’s future, we can hope for more revelations about whether or not she was responsible for Equestria’s collapse. But logically - very unlikely.
“But I think the real Grogar would still be more cunning and powerful than she ever was.”
I think so too. If the G1 Grogar is the same as the G4 Grogar with slight changes, he is in a different league than most of the supervillains in G4. If he had ruled for centuries, created powerful magic, been able to steal and store magic in his bell - it contained more magic than three to four full-grown alicorns - and built civilizations, created his subjects and then monsters to terrorize in them and all he subordinated, it means that he was crafty, cunning and shrewd to stay with the power. Tirek, Chrysalis and Sombra were in part terrified of the fake Grogar based on what they know about the legendary ram.
Gusty the Great had not only defeated him, she also took away his bell to ensure he could never return and banished him from probably the entire world. We don’t know how it happened, but the story of the bells and Tambelon in G1 can be used. In my opinion, Grogar was so powerful that Gusty stole and used his own magic by turning the bell against him and banished him and Tambelon to the Limbo. Grogar may have returned to Equestria and then launched his attack by taking control of the hordes of monsters he had created.
Don’t think Bridlewood is the Everfree forest, but we have learned in the last seasons of G4 that dark and terrifying magic that struck fear in anyone who came there had existed there and had to be held back by both the Harmony tree and the ponies. Everfree was full of monsters that only alicorns and Discord could confront, these are gone.
Not a single monster has been discovered in G5. It is as if they had all completely disappeared. Or been expelled, as only Twilight could have done. We also know that there were monsters that even alicorns could have trouble with, with the possible exception of Luna and Celestia who were both very powerful magical beings. These monsters like the tatzelwurm are of the kaiju class, which the G5 ponies will be powerless against.
Where are the monsters? We know they were created by Grogar. And we have seen Grogar’s bell in the movie, it cannot have been placed there just by chance.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Mr.Myoozik
I do agree it’s quite mean-spirited from the civilians since the ones of old were actually more proactive. Which is why I suggested the above to begin with. Izzy is trying to keep the tradition alive as it was back in g4 and none are appreciating it whether or not it was Izzy being obnoxious. Yet another example of common ponies being their own worst enemy.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Well she knows that opaline is evil, but she doesnt know its wrong. They both refer to the laugh as an evil laugh and maniacal laugh so misty def does know that they are ‘evil’
Mistys been raised and manipulated by opaline her whole life, the only thing not making her a complete sheep to opaline is her anxiety and curiosity
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Rewatched Hoof Done It?
I’d forgotten what a fun episode it is! Between Zipp doing detective stuff and Izzy being weird, it’s a great time. I wouldn’t say Zipp was given the Idiot Ball. As far as I can tell, all her deductions made sense.
@LoreJuniper
That ties back to the gaslighting thing I was talking about earlier.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
Heh, actually, it was Pipp being given the Idiot Ball for what she did with the lantern just so Zipp could have a mystery to solve. That is the common complaint with the episode. :P But it is indeed fun, has some very good jokes, and I like the song. It’s just my least favorite episode so far the same way Pipp is my least favorite main character. Calling an episode or character my least favorite in regards to an awesome (at least to me) series like this is not saying much.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

New headcanon: the wanted posters with Sprout aren’t a continuity error. He just gets himself into trouble every other week, and can’t bail himself out now that he’s no longer the deputy.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide