MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Things in comics can later be contradicted by the show, but I strongly doubt the comic team wasn’t told that Opaline was originally a unicorn. Issue #2 of the comics, which showed Opaline as a unicorn, came out only a month after Opaline’s show debut. The show abruptly changing Opaline’s initial pony tribe would be stupid.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
I’ve seen the image of her in the comic many times. The darkness is just for dramatic effect, she gets introduced the same way in the show, being covered in shadow for dramatic effect. There is no way the ponies could’ve missed her being an alicorn walking around in broad daylight and she specifically calls herself a unicorn.
The IDW team being different from the show team means nothing either, these people still have to keep things in the comics as consistent as they possibly can with the show, their in-universe explanation for the inconsistencies proves that they do care about maintaining continuity with the show.
Hasbro has rules for them too on what they can and can’t do. I strongly doubt Hasbro would’ve told the IDW team, “Yeah, you can make Opaline whatever tribe of pony you want, so long as it’s just in a flashback.”. With how much emphasis this show places on unity between the pony tribes, there is no way they would’ve allowed a continuity error like that.
Posted Report
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@CloudMistDragon
We’re still told unicorn not shown. And again communication was one way The comics need to keep in line with the show the show does not with the comic.
Even if they are doing Both that’s what’s Sunny and misty said was true We don’t even know if the unicorn Sunny mentioned was Opaline And not someone she corrupted
Posted Report
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Phoenixflambe
Yeah, she could consider them both inferior to unicorns.
Recall, if you will, that we had, in a comics, a group of unicorns willing to chop wings off a pegasus to get their own wings seeking artificial alicornhood, who’s to say you can’t do something similar to a unicorn?
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Alright fine, but I think Sprout, Posey or any earth pony and pegasus would not have as much impact as the unicorns who are basically supermen. It’s why Chrysalis targeted the unicorns as opposed to the other two. Heck, even in the movie, the pegasi and unicorn don’t consider earth ponies the threat despite how cunning Phyllis’ inventions were
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
All I’m going to say is that while contradictions can happen later, pony tribe consistency is something that can be accomplished with something as simple as Hasbro handing the show team and comic team the same character sheet.
@Rarizzy!
That would be funny if Misty’s real cutie mark ended up being a butterfly. However, this could simply be another fake cutie mark she painted and the show image accompanying her shows her without a cutie mark. I can foresee something in the show turning part of her mane red though, even as I wonder what.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

@Rarizzy!
Finally! I don’t really care for Misty as much as everyone else, but I’m glad she’s getting her own figure, she deserves one considering how important it seems she’s gonna be to the plot. Like, really deserves one. IMO, a Misty figure makes more sense than the Jazz one. (Which I thought looked ugly, even before I hated her)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide