MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #E8C9
Sprout: Ranger too maybe. Because he was a deputy and has plant powers. I’d like to put him under fighter, but his plant powers kind-of put a hamper on that.
Misty: Warlock. Opaline could be considered her patron, and she serves her under the promise of getting a cutie mark.
Posted Report
Background Pony #DAFE
Some more info from the leaker about Bridlewoodstock
-misty and opaline dont show
-it’s a 40th anniversary special
-its written by Gillian Berrow & Tony Fleecs
-they think its awesome
Posted Report
Background Pony #B4CF
misty and opaline dont show
But, but she has a toys in there with zipp and pipp
it’s a 40th anniversary special
Hmm, ok. Maybe posey acting as gateway of all Gx?
its written by Gillian Berrow & Tony Fleecs
MYM Core Writers
they think its awesome
What do you mean? Misty and opaline doesn’t show. Or They Will make Minty make a plane into space to meet galaxy ponies?
Posted Report
Background Pony #DAFE
@Background Pony #B4CF
Toys not being accurate to the show is very common. As to why there’s no sunny and izzy? shrug
Also they quote “think Bridlewoodstock is awesome and people are gonna love it”
Posted Report
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
I suppose it makes sense that they wouldn’t show up in a special not directly related to the core plot (after all, they didn’t show up in Winter Wishday either) - but I assume they’ll be a part of the normal episode proceedings that are rumored to be released at the same time as the special?
Posted Report
Background Pony #DAFE
@Jonny Manz
Likely yeah. Ch 4 is a special and episode batch.
This is just my own speculation but I think bws is gonna be the first ep then the rest will be plot, ending with the stolen cutie mark cliffhanger
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #DAFE
Even if I wasn’t starting to trust this leaker a bit more, all of this info sounds very believable to me. A special about a music festival just does not strike me as the kind of special with a plot where Misty and Opaline would fit, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do something to celebrate MLP’s 40th anniversary, I had a premonition Gillian Berrow would write something for MYM other than the pilot eventually and heard all the hype about Tony’s addition, and they should think that it’s awesome even if others disagree because thinking you’re doing a good job on your work even if you actually aren’t is better than producing work you think is mediocre just for a paycheck.
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
Just watched the latest TYT episode (from two weeks ago) and I’m happy that Julie Lumieux voiced a character (two, actually). She is part of pretty much all animated series recorded in Toronto, so it makes sense she eventually would have a role in MLP.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’m gonna go on a bit of a journey here.
I think if I had to pick a member of The Mane Six to represent the “spirit” of FiM, it would be Rarity. This is for a couple of reasons, but the one I want to focus on is Fashion. Suited for Success was a gamechanger. Not only did it show what a great character Rarity is, it took fashion, a thing guys aged 18-25 wouldn’t consider interesting or important, and it legitimized it.
Then there’s Rarity’s counterpart in G5: Pipp. There’s two points I want to make. Those of us who got into the show when we were 18-25 are now 31-38 year old boomers who might be dismissive of a character centered around modern technology and social media. But I think, in a similar vein to how Rarity legitimized fashion, Pipp legitimizes the social media aspect. Pipp isn’t just some airheaded social media addict, and she’s not a master manipulator either. Her relationship to social media is written with a surprising amount of nuance.
Which brings me to my second point. There’s a really cool parallel between Pipp and Sunny. Sunny has her alicorn powers and Pipp has her role as an influencer; both of them are icons who wield powers that they’re never fully in control of.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
I respectfully disagree. I think Twilight is the best representation of the spirit of FiM out of the main characters since she’s the element of magic and the princess of friendship. The whole point of the show is showing how friendship can be like a magical thing, thus the name, “Friendship is Magic”.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide