MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Even tho I don’t really have much interest in the comics. I wonder if Jazz and Rocky will appear, it would be interesting to see them in the comic art style
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I might be alone on this, but I think part of the show’s magic was the show staff being given corporate mandates, only to turn around and spin them into gold. It felt like they were getting away with something by making a great show, and that we were getting away with something by enjoying it. Rarity wasn’t part of the original plan. She exists because Hasbro wanted a fashion character. “My Little Pony” isn’t supposed to be good, and the horse that makes dressed and puts on fashion shows is not supposed to be complex and interesting, but she is.
Rarity is the most classically feminine, but she’s also perfectly capable of being an adventurous badass.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1019
What if it’s revealed that Onyx doesn’t like Hitch because she sees him as “the establishment”, since he’s a sheriff?
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
Heh, I actually totally understand finding appeal in seeing gold being created out of creative limitations with corporate mandates. More people need to realize that creative freedom does not necessarily equal quality and it’s totally possible to make something terrible despite limited company restrictions (I’m looking over at how Smosh’s videos got worse as they got more creative freedom). I never thought the School of Friendship in Season 8 of FiM was that bad like so many say, but that entire plot line was actually a product of creative freedom, not corporate meddling. Some have the misconception that it was all Hasbro’s fault since Hasbro wanted a school in the show…but both the Student Six and their story being told throughout a whole season were the ideas of the FiM team. When Jim Miller was interviewed by EqD, he was not ashamed of the ideas, he was happy with how he and the team tried to have the Mane 6 act as mentors to a new generation.
@Ring Team
I was just thinking of that joke at work today. XD Just in case you legitimately don’t know, it’s this Onyx, the unicorn who does poetry.
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
@Ring Team
I was just thinking of that joke at work today. XD Just in case you legitimately don’t know, it’s this Onyx, the unicorn who does poetry.
Yep. And that male unicorn alongside her in the Winter Wishday special (nicknamed Bongo Beats by the fandom) is officially named Dapple, according to non-English dubbing credits of Chapters 1 and 3.
Posted Report
Background Pony #D635
Some people don’t seem to understand that Opaline doesn’t see Misty as her daughter. Opaline isn’t even a mother to begin with. To her Misty is just her minion.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@CloudMistDragon
Honestly, The School was one of the best ideas they had.
  • It was an excuse to finally develop the other cultures
  • It was a reason for The Mane Six to spend time together
  • It made the show feel like it actually had a unifying premise, rather than a series of mostly disconnected stories. In fact, I’m pretty sure it was the most persistent idea since “letters to the princess”.
  • Given how many threats to Equestria were defeated through the power of friendship, it’s clearly an important and in-demand skill.
Eight happens to be in my Top 3 favourite seasons.
Posted Report
Background Pony #34A4
There WILL be consequences.
As C4 - a follow-up to C2 - will be released in June, this may be the world record for delaying an entire season as there will be 10 months between the first part of S1 of G5 and the second part of S1 of G5! For a child, it is practically a whole year. Can anyone come up with similar incidents regarding TV series for children, especially for those under the teenage years?
This is unbelievably bad PR for Hasbro, which was supposed to celebrate the anniversary of MLP this year. It is very clear that something had gone very wrong in the time since Hasbro announced that they will sell eOne who produces MYM and until now, it seems that all work had stopped completely in October to February, and it is possible that Hasbro until January thought “it will be alright” as soon as possible. And they have not communicated it to others; they had chosen to keep everything quiet, and thus create a situation where it does harm.
By the way, it must be said that Netflix has lost market share and become less popular in many countries, including my own, because many people have become very frustrated by the many habits; such as waiting and waiting for trailers or viewing time information until just before, all episodes in a season at once and the same, and growing demands in the face of customers regarding viewing rights.
And it is now clear that Hasbro has serious problems, which are not related to financial reasons. If it weren’t for the legacy of the G4 being carried over into the G5, the G5 would have been a flop as a result.
Heads should roll.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Background Pony #34A4
I kinda agree with some of the things, but g5 wouldnt flop if it wasnt connected to g4 lol, mlp is a generational series, it being not connected wouldnt affect zilch other then some opinions from some bronies
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #34A4
I totally get some of these points, however, G5 not being connected to G4 would not have resulted in it being a flop at all. Fan attachment to the new cast and the stories unrelated to FiM the fans want to see play out with them would’ve been a thing no matter what. In fact, a comment I see often is people wanting G5 to be its own thing.
Posted Report
Background Pony #E8C9
Not exactly G5 related, but I can say Netflix shows most definitely suffer from very badly done PR.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide