Naming Background Ponies Thread!

Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta

Somebody just suggested Meno Amare for that one.

I’d suggest Gala myself, given that this is a “Mesoponytanian” pony and all.

In other news, the polls are still broken - to a extent - they are functional, but it’s completely impossible to fix any mistakes on them once they are submitted - so we’ll start voting on a few, but it’s likely i might have to reduce the maximum quantity of polls to ten or five polls in one round to avoid mistakes.
Background Pony #CCA0
@Thisguy41  
Middle Picture with the middle pony should be named Golda seems to be the only name I could find that goes with yellow btw. Then on next to Golda or yellow middle, middle pony should be named Oceanwater. But I do really like Golda! Hopefully that will be the name for this character. Anyways hope you see me!
KittyCatRittyCat
Artist -

Soarindash=OTP
@Thisguy41  
Middle pic, with middle pony. Light yellow one! Background pony that said Golda and Oceanwater I agree! So I like Golda and Oceanwater. Btw the background pony that said Oceanwater and Golda was me. I just wasn’t signed in.
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
In other news, the polls are still broken - to a extent - they are functional, but it’s completely impossible to fix any mistakes on them once they are submitted - so we’ll start voting on a few, but it’s likely i might have to reduce the maximum quantity of polls to ten or five polls in one round to avoid mistakes.

Better than nothing if that’s our only option. Guess if something goes terribly wrong, we’ll have to delete and restart the entire poll if possible.
Genki
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

SQUAWK!!!
Hey, how do I make an image go back to its derpibooru source here again? I usually copy the image address and paste it by clicking on the image icon for the comment section. The image shows up but you can’t click on it to go back to where I found the image…

that being said  
for this pony  
full

I’m thinking Calliope, Icarus, Laksmi
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
We only have one day to post suggestions for these characters i listed above.

I certainly hope the turnout of the poll isn’t so low.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
This might be the time to mention I really feel, in the event of a tie, one should be picked at random and alias the other. There are a lot of unnecessary double-implications regarding very low tag count characters simply because they happened to tie. When it’s all fan names anyway, we should just use one.
Mildgyth

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
More suggestions for these:

Heartskip, Majestic Aura, Pastel Rose, Saturn Rings, Saturn Blue

Indigo Shadow, Friend Or Faux, Wind Shield, Vanguard Cover, Vanguard Cloak, Vanguard Cicada, Dark Indigo

Ocean Current, Gusty Pond, Beaufort, Hearty Gale, Cottonbelle

Violet Hearts

#405, #406, #407

Green: Aqua Wave, Jaded Carnival, Quickstep, Emerald Flare

Red: Rose Bundle, Nina, Sunset Circus, Foxy Trot, Tropicana

Blue: Sapphire Sequins, Roulette, Dusk Spirit, Tipsy Chassé, Stardust Mirage

Concord Gumdrop
Background Pony #02EF
@Mildgyth  
Again, call the green one Jackpot, but add a (Female) next to it to avoid confusion.  
Besides: The name can be both Male and Female anyways.
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
More sauggesations for these:
Heartskip, Majestic Aura, Pastel Rose

In case you didn’t catch it, here’s my explanation for Heartskip:  
@myself  
My name suggestion: Heartskip (or Heart Skip). For one, that’s a cute name for a mare that doesn’t directly reference her cutie mark. However, it does do so, albeit stealthily, for it’s a kind of translation of Ejnar Hertzsprung’s name (Danish astronomer with a German family name), and she seems to be destined to be an astronomer.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide