Naming Fluttershy's Parents, Trixie's Mom, and the Sphinx

Mercurial64
Stellar Flare - For Patreon supporters
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Ms. Pommel - Derpi Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Drawing horse butts
The sphinx is definitely just Sphinx, she doesn’t need another name. Besides, any of those Egyptian words just sound ridiculous.  
For all 3 parents - what Mildgyth suggested. There is pretty much no other names truly competing in the thread.
Wispy Tuft
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
@Mercurial64  
I do second your thoughts on the Egyptian names. A lot of them are too long and strange. Giza makes me think of geezer and sobek, Anubis , sekhemet, etc. Are all names of Egyptian gods.  
If we want to get into the actual lore of the creature, sphinxes are actually the guardians of the gods treasures. They would issue a challenge or riddle to those seeking the treasures. those who failed were eaten by the Sphinx. Really the Sphinx is more of a gods pet than a god, hence why the names don’t really work in my opinion.  
I’d like to think there is actually a sobek, Anubis, etc. In the universe of mlp but it is not the Sphinx.
PonyGhosts

#metoo
@Johnnyxluna
it more commonly means “fart” in tamil. i thought that was the joke, to be honest.
full

It’s also awfully similar to “kuso,” which means “shit” in Japanese. Even if we wanted to use a Japanese name for an Egyptian character, “kusu” wouldn’t be a very good one.
Wispy Tuft
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Bronze Bit -
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
@TexasUberAlles  
If shes just gonna be called sphinx,couldn’t we come up with a more graceful sounding tag than sphinx (character)?  
Maybe the ‘Somnambulan Sphinx’, or ‘the great purple sphinx’ or even just ‘The Sphinx’
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@Wispy Tuft  
There’s nothing constructively wrong with The Sphinx, but I’m roughly 800% sure it would cause plenty of unneccessary problems with searches and tagging. If her official Derpi name was “sphinx (character)”, it would be a trivial matter to just add the line “For the character from Daring Done?, see sphinx (character)” to the simple tag description for sphinx.
Mercurial64
Stellar Flare - For Patreon supporters
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Ms. Pommel - Derpi Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Drawing horse butts
If you decide to come up with a name for the sphinx, at least try to make sure it reflects her deviousness and hostility, in the show it was quite an evil character. I don’t see how Neko or Cleo are even remotely fitting names.
Wispy Tuft
Bronze Bit -
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
@TexasUberAlles  
Well ‘Sphinx’ is a tag cataloging sphinxes in general. We could go with ‘The Sphinx’ to catalog pics of Big-Purple.  
It’s still nice and short and while it is similar to other tags, it is still unique.
Three Days Grace
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -

The good life
I think if we were to name the sphinx, trixie’s mom, Mr.Shy and Ms.shy it should probably be something creative like all of the other characters in the show.

For example:Twilight sparkle, fluttershy, rarity, etc. just something that fits there personalities.
Background Pony #B418
For Mrs. Shy, I’d vote Posey.

For The Sphinx, my vote goes to Jinxy. It’s cute and fitting in a way, though keeping her unnamed is also something I support.

Finally, as for the whole Kusu situation, I have been lurking since before the first attempts were made to tag ALL Shpinx images with it and IMHO the whole thing could leave a bad taste in people’s mouths just as it did in mine. The tag had to be deleted at least twice on most images by the mods as well (thank You all!). Therefore, I humbly suggest to leave it disqualified (if it isn’t yet of course).  
I do not mean to offend anyone, but Kusu would just not feel right after all this.
Edhelistar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Kirin Flutterfan
@Wispy Tuft  
I think you have your sphinxes mixed up buddy.

What you just described, is Phix, THE Greek sphinx, because in Greek mythology there’s only one sphinx. Daughter of Typhoon and Echidna, which by extension would make her a Titan, a god-like force of nature.

Egyptian sphinxes on the other hand, were benevolent representations of the power of the Pharaoh. That’s why they are represented with the head of a male (with the face of a specific Pharaoh) and the body of a lion, representing Sekhmet, goddess of war.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
my name was mum trying for you in my heart and heart and soul to the end of the time is very important to me and my family and family and friends with me in my letter of recommendation for me and my family is going to be a little more about me to be a little while and it would have been so happy with that as I have just received my order number for the sake
you have any questions please do the same time and the other day to go through it with the new year and so that you are welcome to the end of my family has to make sure you can also get to work on a more than happy with my own home and home to work in an attempt for a1 and the same time and the same happy birthday with that
see the link below and the same time and the same time and be a my little PONY to me and my family and family are going to a new job is not going through my mind was there any way you can also provide me the same thing that you can get the same time and the same thing that you can get the same time and the other day to go through and I am very happy with my family has to make sure you can get the most common sense to you and your family and and
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide