Shipping Thread

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Pinto Bean  
Welcome. I have the next-gen written in a doc somewhere that I can copy/paste, if you’re interested. Funny enough, I have a Starlight/Sunburst child even though I don’t ship them, and he came about by accident in universe.
ExaltedOranges

@Pinto Bean  
Definitely a case to case basis. EX: I am a huge fan of Fluttercord, but I love a taste of Discolight every once in a while. For some characters I prefer an OTP, but a lot of the time usually these characters aren’t well developed or I don’t care that much for them. E.G I ship Rairijack, but I haven’t really had the time/material to consider other options.

Also no harems, fuck harems.
Edhelistar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Kirin Flutterfan
@Pinto Bean  
Okay, now I am back with a little more time.

First off, I’ll say I don’t really take shipping seriously. The main reason I subscribed to the thread was to laugh at the shipping wars.

That being said, I do support some ships. The ones I do support, are the ones that have the most canon support and fit within the logic of the setting. In fact, if there is one ship that has something that gets contradicted by anything coming from official sources and/or by show staff, I would immediately discard it (poor Cheerilee).

But, in fanfic, I could accept almost any ship… So long the writer knows what it is doing, and appropriately justifies the pairing within the story. So, yeah, I’m quite versatile and not married to any ship… So to speak… Although I have gotten into arguments with shippers who think their ship is canon, when it isn’t…

TL;DR: I have a complicated shipping process.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Edhelistar

Thanks for your feedback. My question wasn’t so much about getting opinions of shipping in general, but for people who do like ships and whether they like more than one ship involving the same character or prefer OTP’s and why… But I do think I understand what you are saying about preferring canon-ish ships, and I think it’s cool that you are open minded about accepting the ships that other people like too.

Personally I do like to multiship, and I can’t help but feel a little self-conscious about it sometimes. For example, I actively seek out imagery of at least a dozen ships involving Twilight Sparkle, whereas many people only ship Twi with a single character. It’s not that I think that Twilight is a slut, but because she is FiM’s main protagonist I just like imagining what different relationships involving her might look like, in a multi-dimensional sort of way.

Although I have gotten into arguments with shippers who think their ship is canon, when it isn’t…

I think it’s important to realize some folks do indeed take their favorite ships seriously, as they invest a lot in them emotionally. So yeah, while we might snicker a bit at somebody tricking themselves into believing that a particular ship is canon when it is not, I think exercising just a little sensitivity in most of those cases is the right thing to do. Shipping wars are unfortunate, and ultimately unnecessary, because what really matters is what a ship means to an individual, and not so much what it means to anybody else.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@Pinto Bean

I don’t want to be sensitive about other people’s ship. I’m not telling them to go die. Just…their ship isn’t canon. It’s immensely obnoxious putting up with people who act like it is. I also invest a lot of emotion and artistic energy into my ships. But I won’t suffer a mental break if it doesn’t happen.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Ranch

I dunno… i can only speak for myself, but I have never been bothered much if at all by this sort of thing, and it seems like a waste of time and energy trying to drag such folk back down to Earth. For me, it’s better to focus on the positives, especially when it comes to something I love. Rule #0 bro.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@Pinto Bean

Just to be clear i don’t seek people out to tear down their dreams. But say for example I post a picture of Ship A and then some jerk comes and says “lul ur ship ain’t canon, ship X is canon”. Yeah I’m going to drag them back down to earth kicking and screaming.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide