Shipping Thread

Background Pony #1F55
@Meanlucario  
I didn’t mind rarijack until recently. Eqg writers paired them up a few too many times that it made me tired of seeing them together and the art so overwhelmed both aj and rarity’s shipping images that it was just plain annoying.

AppleDashl coming back, while never a favorite ship in the past for me either, was like a breath of fresh air, at least for aj ships. I’ve come to appreciate it now moreso than I did back when it was first the hottest ship around here years ago.
Background Pony #1F55
@Don’t  
Put it this way, you see a ship you’re not particularly partial towards. You don’t ship it but you don’t dislike it either.

Then watch as it slowly consumes and entire category of images until its practically the only art posted relating to shipping of not one but two of the main characters.

If you’re a rarijack fan, you’re having a great time right now on this site. For everyone else, though, its like hearing a popular song on the radio played over and over again. You don’t mind it at first but the sheer ubiquity turns you off from it after a while.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
A few months back I was looking at image counts for ships. I was kinda suprised and bot surprised at the same time for who got shipped the most: Twilight
Background Pony #1F55
@Ranch  
The show really took all their foot off the gas after Secret of my Excess. McCarthy herself really seemed to not like Sparity for some reason so when she took over, they really cut back on it aside from some moments like inspiration manifestation and so on. S6 and on, to its credit, gave mlre female characters for Spike to interact with like Ember, Smolder and Gabby so Sparity wasn’t the only major Spike ship in town anymore. At the same time, there was a lot more rarijack ship teasing, especially in the eqg universe. The eqg team even admitted they shipped rarijack even if they never outright stated it in the show itself. Rarijack got so much more hype during this time, it pretty much became the only ship art rarity and aj got for a while, at least untilt the finale gave some life to AppleDash again. Honestly, I’m surprised sparity remained on top of the ship pile for as long as it did. Its still my otp though
Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
@Background Pony #1F55  
More like it was always in park. It was a “child crushes on Mom’s hot friend” case (or “big sister’s hot friend;” however you see Twi and Spike’s relationship) with no sign anywhere that Rarity was romantically interested in him even though there were friendship moments. It was never anything that could go anywhere; if it did, it’d end in Chris Hansen asking her to take a seat.
Background Pony #1F55
@Phantom Rider  
To some sure, but others || like myself|| really had no issue shipping sparity even before the finale.Also, mom’s friend? I’m glad sparkle’s seven finally established them as siblings in canon.
Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
@Brass Beau  
Gonna have to check that out!

@Background Pony #1F55  
I’m not even saying it’s a bad ship. Just that the reason it never went anywhere in the show is that it never could. It was a child’s one-sided crush on an adult, never presented to us as anything else, and if it had been, that woulda been creepy.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I like Spike with Smolder. She’s sassy and confident but treats Spike as an equal. He has good chemistry with Ember, too, but she might be too old for him.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide