Shipping Thread

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Don’t  
You mean that legend? And the show has used existing models before, like with Dash’s memories in the ep about her parents.

@Brass Beau  
Again, it is said in the show? How do we know that ponies don’t age slower than dragons in FiM, and live longer?
Background Pony #1F55
This is why I never cared about ages when it comes to ships. Its never clear with long lived species. I still remember when people said fluttercord was wrong because discord was so much older than fluttershy and was therefore taking advantage of her somehow.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
…Dude, she can be into Discord and not “betray” her friends. They can have disagreements and not see eye-to-eye on everything and still be great friends. And why did you have to start this when it’s nearly midnight?
DonMaguz

How do we know that ponies don’t age slower than dragons in FiM, and live longer?

Mainly because of the ending, however long that timeskip was, main ponies look way older than Spike, at least.

There’s also lots of hints of dragons aging slow during the show:  
  • Spike being a baby dragon after years living with Twilight.  
  • Dragon naps of 100 years. (rumored)  
  • Dragon migrations happening ‘once in a generation’.  
  • Torch saying that his time as king lasted a thousand years.  
  • Every ‘pony’ sized or slightly larger dragon stated as a teen.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Meanlucario  
I just don’t like how her friends treat Discord.

Yes he’s a dick, since he can do chaotic things, but they can just learn to tolerate him. If they did, then I wouldn’t be bothered by Fluttercord.

But no, anger is always the answer to everything. There’s never peace with him and shippers don’t care about her friendship with the Mane Six.

That’s why I don’t like Fluttercord.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
They could also minimize their interactions with him. Also, What about Discord showed that they started to like him.

And only to you and short sighted/tempered people.

Dude, Shy can have relationships outside of the Mane Six. Stop getting worked up over something so minor.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
You can, just have better reasons than “the Mane Six don’t see eye-to-eye with him, so Fluttershy hooking up with him is her betraying her friends.” I hate Fluttercord because of the shippers, yet here I am, defending it. Funny how that works out.

And it’s late. I’m off to bed.
Background Pony #CFA8
@Background Pony #1F55  
The age difference thing is usually a thing of vastly different life experience and the older party having the advantage over the younger party and intentionally or unintentionally taking advantage of that inequality. To single out Discord in particular, being manipulative is just part of his personality, that ought to be a major obstacle in any well-written relationship he’s in no matter his partner is.

There’s a much deeper discussion to be had about why age vast age difference in romances can be problematic, but I fear I’m personally ill equipped to properly lay out the issues without making a fool of myself.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I like Fluttercord or Discoshy. Whatever you wanna call it. The story has a bit of a Beauty and the Beast vibe. Sure, he’s a dick but he doesn’t want to be. He has some major self image issues that probably stem from thousands of years of struggling to connect to anyone. The comics depicted that fairly well, I think. He wants to be good. He wants to be liked. He wants to feel welcomed. The distrust and annoyance the other six have showed towards him is pretty bad but we have seen him get along with them fairly well so I think that’s changed some. As for the age difference, I’d say that while Discord is significantly older, Fluttershy has the greater emotional maturity that outweighs the physical age difference.
Background Pony #CFA8
@Brass Beau  
I’ve heard the Beauty and the Beast comparison before, and personally it never held water. I’ve always seen it as a very superficial look at the two’s relationship.

I can’t speak for the comics portrayal, but FiM Discord was a manipulative jerk and quite content with that. He clearly had difficulty relating to the ponies at times, but he was never shown to have an issue with that or think it was a problem worth working through and every time he seemed to make any sort of progress he would regress by his next appearance.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #CFA8  
He faked an illness as an excuse to visit Twilight, learned to let his guard down and be vulnerable with Spike and Big Mac (not to mention helped keep Big Mac and Sugar Belle together) and tried desperately hard to be “more normal” for Fluttershy. He may not always do the right thing or think out the consequences and his attitude stinks half the time but he’s putting in more effort than the Mane 6 expected. There’s potential there and I like that potential.

That said, I get why others don’t. It’s kinda fitting that a character embodying disharmony can cause the same in the fandom. I hope they bring him back in some form for G5.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide