Shipping Thread

Background Pony #1F55
@Ranch  
Agreed. Not liking a ship is fine, I would even go so far as to say reasoning out why you may dislike it is okay in certain discussion contexts. Attacking the ship and especially attacking the people who ship a certain ship is dumb.

I remember back when Sparity was more popular, there were people going around not just attacking the ship but straight up calling Sparity shippers pedos. Those threads always got kinda ugly.

Same energy was present in some of the anti fluttercord brigades.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Brass Beau  
Why?

@Background Pony #1F55  
Part of why I don’t like Fluttercord (other than being a Dislestia and Soarinshy shipper) are how aggressive those shippers used to be. It gets tiring real quick when a Dislesttia image has people in the comments going “this isn’t canon, only fluttercord is.”
Background Pony #1F55
@Brass Beau  
Shipping was just supposed to be a fun little thing some in a fandom enjoy doing with some of their favorite characters. Its become, like most bigger fandoms, a toxic mess at times. We were never Voltron level bad where we tried to blackmail staff if they didn’t make our favorite ship canon but shipping wars could get pretty ugly around this place back in the day.

In the end, I don’t think shipping itself is dumb, just some shippers. Especially the ones who take this whole thing way too seriously, who obsess over every little screenshot and shout ‘canon’ when their ship so much as appears in the same shot together, attack others who don’t agree with them, who attack even others who ship one oc the characters in their otp with another character. Luckily those crazies are few and far between. They are very vocal in their opinions, however, so they do have an outsized voice compared to the mostly sane average shipper.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Meanlucario  
Investing energy, especially negative energy, into the love lives of fictional characters is ridiculous when you get down to it. And I’m especially ridiculous.

Speaking of ships, here’s one that I talked myself into: Spike x Moondancer
Background Pony #1F55
@Meanlucario  
Yeah. Obsessive, especially possessively obsessive shippers, are kinda insane. Ship either character in their OTP with someone else and its like you’re encouraging infidelity or something to them.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #1F55  
I think even the early years had that problem. How many fics involving Lyra and Sweetie Drops have them not hook up by the end?

@Brass Beau  
People do that with their friends and family, and fictional characters gives said people complete control of the outcome. And people tend to put a lot of effort into being assholes for no good reason other than to feel powerful or because they’re way too sensitive.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Meanlucario  
Pretty much, yeah. Sometimes the right answer really is “it’s just a cartoon.” Surprisingly, the most tagged ship on this site is “oc x oc” so the artists clearly have a preference.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
In my next gen AU I was going to have Octavia and Vinyl be half sisters. With Vinyl getting married and Octavia staying single. But I never got around to drawing a scenario around that because I knew it would just get downvoted to hell.
Background Pony #F849
With all the lesbian stuff around this fandom (art, fics, speculation on random screencaps), I’m really surprised the straight tag has more images on this site than the lesbian tag.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@tngjstn  
A case could be made for Rarity but outside of redneck stereotypes, I can’t immediately recall AJ being overtly hostile towards any creature for what they were. Outside of vampire fruit bats but those were devouring her livelihood.
Background Pony #6588
@tngjstn  
Rarity in Simple ways sure but farmponies is an occupation, not a race.

Applejack might be one though. All of ponyville in winter wrap up may be. We all know ‘traditional ways’ is code for anti unicorn bias. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide