Pony Life Stream/Discussion Thread.

northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
I just know that was the csi miami intro reference people are going to act just like when G4 reference game of thrones and act like it was only a meme and not something that came from a TV show
Background Pony #B937
I’m pretty sure the majority of bronies haven’t seen an episode of Pony Life yet.

They’re waiting until it airs on Discovery Family.
Background Pony #B937
I say this because I don’t see any Pony Life threads on forums besides here, EQD, and MLPForums.
Background Pony #B937
>Created potions that can make ponies transform into somepony else, shoot lasers, and can make a headband reveal dark  
truths

How powerful/good at magic is Potion Nova?
Background Pony #B937
I’m not that bothered by Discord’s new voice.

Getting JDL back for Pony Life was always kind of a long shot.
IceKitsune
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Pre-G4 Art Archivist
Ok just watched the new episodes and I thought they were pretty good. I liked some of the jokes and references they put in. Scary Ravioli website was my favorite. Also, this show has a large amount of continuity in it much more than I thought was ever going to happen and I really like that.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Just saw The Trial Less Trotten and Death of a Sales Pony, as well as Big Hoof Walking and The Fluttershy Effect.

I was honestly not expecting to love an episode, but here we are. I love the aesthetic of Fluttershy’s cottage, and how she has Edvard Munch’s The Scream on her mantle. I love how weird this show is, and how they can just casually make jokes about everything from felonies, to time dilation, to body pillows, to Pinkie having a dead brother, to dystopias.

In terms of structure, I’m seeing so much of what I wish FiM could have done. What I liked about Season Eight was that unlike every other season (except One), it established a gimmick and actually stuck with it. Here, they established The Royal Jelly Juggernaut, had it play a role in the individual stories, and then paid it off properly. Now the ongoing story revolves around Trail Trotters. I like how the show can just be about anything.

Another thing I want to mention is the art direction. It’s highly stylized, with an emphasis on secondary colours; so lots of oranges and greens and purples.
Background Pony #B937
As of this week’s episodes, Pony Life episodes consist of 2 5 minute shorts. Are you OK with this, or would you prefer 2 11 minute shorts?  
Personally, I’m just glad the episodes are no longer awkwardly split into 2 parts.
Background Pony #2953
Given the quality of Pony Life so far, I am not sure if it would actually get its own animated Equestria Girls series. That is, if one was ever planned.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I finally got around to checking it out (binged it up to and including Bad Thing No. 3). It’s actually better than I thought it would be. Granted, my expectations were probably lower than they should have been.

I did not know Rarity acting like Gollum was something I needed in my life.
Background Pony #B937
I think I got it.

The title, “Dol-FIN-ale” refers to it being the finale for the Trail Trotters arc.
Background Pony #B937
>Pinkie has the Royal Jelly Juggernaut  
>Fluttershy has the Trail Trotters

Twilight’s arc will be Potion Nova and her potions.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I saw the episodes Bad Thing No. 3 and Hyper Helper. I’m not gonna do a long critique post, so I will say that the former I wasn’t a fan of while the latter I thought it was okay. About the latter, I really do like the idea of an arc based off of entering a reality show baking contest, it’s something that I haven’t seen a lot in fiction.
northern haste
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
I am starting to think that might be a bit too much friendship is magic in this show.  
It does feel like elements from that show are being putting this one just because it was in that one. I feel like princess twilight is a good example of that where in friendship Is magic she was an alicorn because she became a princess in pony life she just is one. That’s also another with the show nothing is explained.
northern haste
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
Another issue on finding that I remember one of the lessons of friendship Is magic is even if it’s supposed to Make someone Happy you shouldn’t lie and now the characters lying to Make someone Happy is a story arc.  
I know this is a different show but come on
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I think the running theme with these story arcs will be about dealing with failure and disappointment. Like the first 4 episodes were largely about Pinkie winning her baking competition…which she lost in a last minute disqualification. The current arc is about Fluttershy wanting to win scout badges to meet her idol. Short of her meeting him anyway, this plan was shown to be doomed to fail at the start.

That’s…quite a moral to pass in a kid’s show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide