Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Pony Venting Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"[@Background Pony #9B6D":](/pony/pony-venting-thread/post/4408982#post_4408982
)  
No offense, but you seem a li'l too defensive of Twilight, or taking things that happen to her a li'l too seriously. (Much like the "Spike Justice Warriors." I like Spike too, but for awhile people were getting too defensive of him, as well to the point fans would get angry if he did anything humorous.) Just because something humorous happens to a character, doesn't mean anything.

Like I said, having too much favoritism to a character can probably be as bad as hating her too much, and you shouldn't let too much favoritism make it so nothing can happen to her without upsetting you.

(And honestly, the Twilight-haters are a small amount of fans. Most fans like her, or don't mind her. You really got to stop convincing yourself that everybody is against her.)

I will admit the laybug gag short was a bit much, but being turned into a baby was kinda cute/funny, but not something worth getting so upset over. Sillier/worse things have happened to other characters. (Heck, Discord almost got killed a season, or so back, and you don't see Discord-fans going nuts.)

And a fan-film is not canon, and doesn't reflect the opinions of everybody, and it probably wasn't meant in any harm, or hate to the character, considering Twilight & Raven are voiced by the same person, so it's a VA joke.

And honestly, you keep saying she's always "freaking out," but I can only think of three S9 episodes where that happened out of 14 so far. As I said I can name more Season 1 & 2 episodes where she was either freaking-out, or the butt of a joke. (By that logic, you should really hate Season 1 for "Feeling Pinkie-keen" where the entire episode was comical things happening to Twilight.)

And honestly, none of her
Season 9 freak-outs compare to her epic Season 2 "Lesson Zero" insanity.

Sti
ll, that doesn't mean she's being "abused/hated" or anything. You need to understand, that humorous crap happens to every character, and occasionally they've gotten Flanderized, as well. (Like Fluttershy being scared of candy in "Scare Master") But overall, I think for the most part the show has shown each character still has enough strengths, and spirit to counter their flaws, including Twilight, so I'm not as bothered by it.

I honestly kinda like seeing characters I love act humorous, or flawed, or be the butt of a joke sometimes. They always bounce back, they're just cartoons, _*not real people that need to be coddled, or protected._*
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"@Background Pony #9B6D":/pony/pony-venting-thread/post/4408982#post_4408982
No offense, but you seem a li'l too defensive of Twilight, or taking things that happen to her a li'l too seriously. (Much like the "Spike Justice Warriors." I like Spike too, but for awhile people were getting too defensive of him, as well to the point fans would get angry if he did anything humorous.) Just because something humorous happens to a character, doesn't mean anything.
Like I said, having too much favoritism to a character can probably be as bad as hating her too much, and you shouldn't let too much favoritism make it so nothing can happen to her without upsetting you.
(And honestly, the Twilight-haters are a small amount of fans. Most fans like her, or don't mind her. You really got to stop convincing yourself that everybody is against her.)

I will admit the laybug gag short was a bit much, but being turned into a baby was kinda cute/funny, but not something worth getting so upset over. Sillier/worse things have happened to other characters. (Heck, Discord almost got killed a season, or so back, and you don't see Discord-fans going nuts.)

And a fan-film is not canon, and doesn't reflect the opinions of everybody, and it probably wasn't meant in any harm, or hate to the character, considering Twilight & Raven are voiced by the same person, so it's a VA joke.

And honestly, you keep saying she's always "freaking out," but I can only think of three S9 episodes where that happened out of 14 so far. As I said I can name more Season 1 & 2 episodes where she was either freaking-out, or the butt of a joke. (By that logic, you should really hate Season 1 for "Feeling Pinkie-keen" where the entire episode was comical things happen to Twilight.)
Still, that doesn't mean she's being "abused/hated" or anything. You need to understand, that humorous crap happens to every character, and occasionally they've gotten Flanderized, as well. (Like Fluttershy being scared of candy in "Scare Master") But overall, I think for the most part the show has shown each character still has enough strengths, and spirit to counter their flaws, including Twilight, so I'm not as bothered by it.

I honestly kinda like seeing characters I love act humorous, or flawed, or be the butt of a joke sometimes. They always bounce back, they're just cartoons, _not real people that need to be coddled, or protected._
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky