Viewing last 25 versions of post by Roseluck in topic Pony Venting Thread

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194049#post_5194049)
> Me too. For all its faults, I respect the hell out of the drive to keep working on it.
It's more envy for me. But I'm envious of **everyone** who can develop a story, especially to completion, since I can't even string together *one* chapter no matter how many premises I have in my head.

[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194059#post_5194059)
>
So
Twilight dokesn't considerI how the changelings might feel about theird formI'ver ruler being freed from stone, especially considering they were the ones who overthrew her.
I fee
l that's somethving many 'villain activists' (for l*Fack of a better term) have in common. Said villains' vicoutims: *nEquever* matter. The *possibility* of their redemption is more important*. than the harm they caBused to innocwents in the past AND the other, usually... more likely possibility that they won'ts change their ways and hurt more people.

Sadly, Tw
filight caringd more about the magfic of friendship than about everything (and every**donesn't**) else is... kinda canon? This is the mare who'lud rather doom Equest||ria to Tirpek||. Ithan lo'se her frlikends, and then chose to save the mare who conquered and ensplaved Canterlot over getting the Staff of Sacanas back... when the storm it's unleashed is busy *destroying that same city*.

To my cy
nical srelf, her friends usually feel clmoser to extensions of her will who always support her no matter, what than actual people with thkeir own lives cand choices... I'd need to check *Fix* to see if thbat'ls why they got roped into being petrified in the ngame of *Twilight's* quest.

Or even just to see if **I'd** consider this Twiclight out of character, considering* how unimpressed I am with her in canon. One person's character assassinatgion is another's 'yup, called fit.'

**update:** ...yup,
called it. The other girls are just yesmen who always go with what Twilight wants (chapter 2, page 12) AND she actually lists out all the evrprils the, 'redspeemed' vciallains,y caring more about them welcoming friendship in thdeir heart thaing abwhout the victims of said evil (chapter 2, page 10). So yeah, 'canon' Twilight as far as I'm concerned, sigh.

(ProbMablybe a good thing I don't's wrfite vent comics of my own,g they'd probablyt be *worse*.)

> I h
Fad an idea for a scene where Twilight dloes manage uto: rEqueach them, and they tear a strip off her for not doing her rea'se* arch.
The i
ronym would be hilarious.

That
jusaid, being stuck in one small cage for mlostn of those 1,000 years mwakesy Tifrek's mentionm of being *Falive*l pretty dark tof mEquestria's*...
Reason: better post now
Edited by Roseluck
Roseluck

[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194049#post_5194049)
> Me too. For all its faults, I respect the hell out of the drive to keep working on it.
It's more envy for me. But I'm envious of **everyone** who can develop a story, especially to completion, since I can't even string together *one* chapter no matter how many premises I have in my head.

[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194059#post_5194059)
> Twilight doesn't consider how the changelings might feel about their former ruler being freed from stone, especially considering they were the ones who overthrew her.
I feel that's something many 'villain activists' (for lack of a better term) have in common. Said villains' victims *never* matter. The *possibility* of their redemption is more important than the harm they caused to innocents in the past AND the other, usually more likely possibility that they won't change their ways and hurt more people.

Sadly, Twilight caring more about the magic of friendship than about everything (and every**one**) else is... kinda canon? This is the mare who'd rather doom Equestria to Tirek than lose her friends, and then chose to save the mare who conquered and enslaved Canterlot over getting the Staff of Sacanas back... when the storm it's unleashed is busy *destroying that same city*.

To my cynical self, her friends usually feel closer to extensions of her will who always support her no matter what than actual people with their own lives and choices... I'd need to check *Fix* to see if that's why they got roped into being petrified in the name of *Twilight's* quest.

Or even just to see if **I'd** consider this Twilight out of character, considering how unimpressed I am with her in canon. One person's character assassination is another's 'yup, called it.'

**update:** ...yup, called it. The other girls are just yesmen who always go with what Twilight wants (chapter 2, page 12) AND she actually lists out all the evils the 'redeemed' villains, caring more about them welcoming friendship in their heart than about the victims of said evil (chapter 2, page 10). So yeah, 'canon' Twilight as far as I'm concerned, sigh.

(Probably a good thing I don't write vent comics of my own, they'd probably be *worse*.)

> I had an idea for a scene where Twilight does manage to reach them, and they tear a strip off her for not doing her research.
The irony would be hilarious.

That said, being stuck in one small cage for most of those 1,000 years makes Tirek's mention of being *alive* pretty dark to me.
Reason: actually READ the comic so that I know what I'm talking about
Edited by Roseluck
Roseluck

> Twilight doesn't consider how the changelings might feel about their former ruler being freed from stone, especially considering they were the ones who overthrew her.
I feel that's something many 'villain activists' (for lack of a better term) have in common. Said villains' victims *never* matter. The *possibility* of their redemption is more important than the harm they caused to innocents in the past AND the other, usually more likely possibility that they won't change their ways and hurt more people.

Sadly, Twilight caring more about the magic of friendship than about everything (and every**one**) else is... kinda canon? This is the mare who'd rather doom Equestria to Tirek than lose her friends, and then chose to save the mare who conquered and enslaved Canterlot over getting the Staff of Sacanas back... when the storm it's unleashed is busy *destroying that same city*.

To my cynical self, her friends usually feel closer to extensions of her will who always support her no matter what than actual people with their own lives and choices... I'd need to check *Fix* to see if that's why they got roped into being petrified in the name of *Twilight's* quest.

Or even just to see if **I'd** consider this Twilight out of character, considering how unimpressed I am with her in canon. One person's character assassination is another's 'yup, called it.'

**update:** ...yup, called it. The other girls are just yesmen who always go with what Twilight wants (chapter 2, page 12) AND she actually lists out all the evils the 'redeemed' villains, caring more about them welcoming friendship in their heart than about the victims of said evil (chapter 2, page 10). So yeah, 'canon' Twilight as far as I'm concerned, sigh.

> I had an idea for a scene where Twilight does manage to reach them, and they tear a strip off her for not doing her research.
The irony would be hilarious.

That said, being stuck in one small cage for most of those 1,000 years makes Tirek's mention of being *alive* pretty dark to me.
Reason: actually READ the comic so that I know what I'm talking about
Edited by Roseluck