Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Pony Venting Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

[@AC97](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194056#post_5194056)
> Also, they were… really stupid in multiple ways in how they went about doing it.

By which I *meant* that the attempted genociders were... cartoonishly stupid/evil, in both how they went about it, and how they were laying out their motives. Which is odd for such a serious subject matter. [It was bizarre.](/images/2582128#comment_9574205) It really was, in how quickly it changed tone [for the aggressors.](/images/2577188)
(Latter came first, former is the page after)
[@Roseluck](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194047#post_5194047)
> That said, as far as venting is concerned, I do hope that at least it’s actually cathartic for DeusExEquus. If I were to draw/write something to vent about what I hate in G4, I’d only feel worse because it’d be twisting the knife in the wound rather than closure.
Yeah... I hope they're getting something out of it, instead of it... not helping, or something. I can't really claim to even guess if it's helping them in the slightest or not.

[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194059#post_5194059)
Alternatively:
> Cozy: "For someone who I've given credit for knowing stuff, you've shown aquite sthockinge *lack* amount of imagination."
(as a callback to The Summer Sun Setback)

> **Cozy Glow**: Twilight Sparkle may be the worst, but she does know stuff. She once said the Archives in Canterlot has a restricted area.
[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194159#post_5194159)
> That’s kinda why it lives rent-free in my head from time to time. If it was just a middle-of-the-road comic I wouldn’t care. But the creative choices are just *fascinatingly* bad.
This. Sometimes... truly mindboggling premise/story decisions can be more *fascinating* than the story itself could've *ever* hoped to be, and I think this to be the case here, IMO, unfortunately. There's lessons to be learned about implications, reasonable reactions to perceived failures (or the lack thereof), and the like.
Reason: added missing word/changed wording
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

> Also, they were… really stupid in multiple ways in how they went about doing it.

By which I *meant* that the attempted genociders were... cartoonishly stupid/evil, in both how they went about it, and how they were laying out their motives. Which is odd for such a serious subject matter. [It was bizarre.](/images/2582128#comment_9574205) It really was, in how quickly it changed tone [for the aggressors.](/images/2577188)
[@Roseluck](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194047#post_5194047)
> That said, as far as venting is concerned, I do hope that at least it’s actually cathartic for DeusExEquus. If I were to draw/write something to vent about what I hate in G4, I’d only feel worse because it’d be twisting the knife in the wound rather than closure.
Yeah... I hope they're getting something out of it, instead of it... not helping, or something. I can't really claim to even guess if it's helping them in the slightest or not.

[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194059#post_5194059)
Alternatively:
> Cozy: "For someone who I've given credit for knowing stuff, you've shown a shocking *lack* amount of imagination."

> **Cozy Glow**: Twilight Sparkle may be the worst, but she does know stuff. She once said the Archives in Canterlot has a restricted area.
[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194159#post_5194159)
> That’s kinda why it lives rent-free in my head from time to time. If it was just a middle-of-the-road comic I wouldn’t care. But the creative choices are just *fascinatingly* bad.
This. Sometimes... truly mindboggling premise/story decisions can be more *fascinating* than the story itself could've *ever* hoped to be, and I think this to be the case here, IMO, unfortunately. There's lessons to be learned about implications, reasonable reactions to perceived failures (or the lack thereof), and the like.
Reason: added missing word
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

[@Roseluck](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194047#post_5194047) (Latter came first, former is the page after)

Alternatively:
> Cozy: "For someone who I've given credit for knowing stuff, you've shown a shocking amount of imagination."

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

[@Roseluck](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194047#post_5194047) (Latter came first, former is the page after)

Alternatively:
> Cozy: "For someone who I've given credit for knowing stuff, you've shown a shocking amount of imagination."

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

By which I *meant* that the attempted genociders were... cartoonishly stupid/evil, in both how they went about it, and how they were laying out their motives. Which is odd for such a serious subject matter. [It was bizarre.](/images/2582128#comment_9574205) It really was, in how quickly it changed tone [for the aggressors](/images/2577188)

Alternatively:

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

By which I *meant* that the attempted genociders were... cartoonishly stupid/evil, in both how they went about it, and how they were laying out their motives. Which is odd for such a serious subject matter. [It was bizarre.](/images/2582128#comment_9574205)

Alternatively:

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

By which I *meant* that the attempted genociders were... cartoonishly stupid/evil, in both how they went about it, and how they were laying out their motives. Which is odd for such a serious subject matter.

Alternatively:

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

By which I meant that the attempted genociders were... cartoonishly stupid/evil, in both how they went about it, and how they were laying out their motives. Which is odd for such a serious subject matter.
[@
Roseluck](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5194047#post_5194047)

Alternatively:

No reason given
Edited by AC97