Pony Venting Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@CORDZ2000
If you think that what you’re saying to others about him are “facts and evidence”, then you don’t understand the fundamentals of a debate of this caliber.
In Layman’s Terms, I think you need to stop being so overly defensive towards Discord and claiming that what you’re saying is objective when clearly it isn’t. This whole discussion has been about the vocal minority subset which makes him and his fans look bad and sad to say, but you’re a part of that problem. It’s best to just chill and not get so worked up about this, okay?
Background Pony #11F7
@CORDZ2000
Arrogant much? The number of people you’ve convinced who don’t already agree with you about Discord is pretty much zero.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
“Discord doesn’t learn anything” yes he does learn but its not a wish fantasy, its subtle and change takes time. People don’t go from dictator to OCD shy Nice girls in one episode. If a character changes subletely instead of becoming ms perfect apparently there terribly written lmao, absolutely ridiculous. I don’t even take discord hate seriously anymore
Background Pony #EDB8
Unfortunately:
The problem is characterization.
If he was characterized as this trickster god who just likes messing with people, and he completely owned it, then he’d be this loveable asshole.
If he was characterized as this unfathomably powerful being trying to learn empathy, that would be compelling.
Instead, we get the worst of both worlds, where Discord gets to be an inconsiderate asshole who conveniently can’t be held accountable for his own actions. With the harm he’s done far outweighing the good.
Background Pony #EDB8
Let’s move away from discord and onto another thing:
How come Posey tends to be a butt monkey?
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #11F7
Im not envious of anyone, one on one debate with dwk i would absolutely deconstruct everything that comes out of his mouth. He’s funny ill give him that but he definitely is extremely one dimensional when it comes to discord. Literally the only reason i can’t watch him is because of his opinions on discord
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Mr.Myoozik
Appreciate it but I don’t care much about rep on a site that highly upvotes and favorites things like foalcon. But absolutely right that its the internet.
@Background Pony #11F7
Ngl dwk’s attitude, the same as most big discord haters who go on and on about how much they hate, often act the exact same way, its a projection lmao. They both are the same discord and dwk, there both just funny about it.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Uh, that feeling when you give someone the rod for their own back on accident. Yeah, let’s talk about Posey instead…
@Background Pony #EDB8
I’ve not watched Tell Your Tale yet because the art style’s not for me, but I’ve read about it. I think it’s because she’s racist? Or at least was depicted as one in Make Your Mark, because I remember her having some valid points.
And since G5 feels (at least to me) like its mission was to fight the evils of racism first and actually tell a story only after that, well, Sprout hightailed it out of Maretime Bay so there’s only Posey left to bash for “being racist.”
Though maybe it’s only because the writers find it funny, like Mr. Myoozik said.
Background Pony #EDB8
…but I don’t care much about rep on a site that highly upvotes and favorites things like foalcon. But absolutely right that its the internet.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
Uh, that feeling when you give someone the rod for their own back on accident.
Tell me what u mean by this and ill move on.
@Roseluck
Posey is driven to her reasons due to being in situations, were magic has just caused her trouble. In she does come around later to be kinder, “her being racist and a b word in all that” is just another case of a fandom making a character out to be worse than they are.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Roseluck
In Make Your Mark, Posey has a massive distrust towards unicorns and pegasi ever since the magic came back because they kept getting in her way and believing that these two species have a superiority complex for it.
In Tell Your Tale, she always gets hit by a lot of slapstick, mostly by Izzy so my guess is that probably all of this is some form of karma over her actions in the special. But I’m still sticking with my simple answer that it’s a writing choice like with Squidward.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Mr.Myoozik
thn when t comes to the mshpas that happen to Posey, there’s no big deeper meaning to t or t trying to build up to something more.
It’s nothing more then the writers just finding it funny (I think a lot of people forgot that butt monkey characters exist n cartoons lmao)
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Mr.Myoozik
Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I agree with your take on it. That’s why I said “depicted as a racist” rather than actually calling her one. There was also Sunny making Maretime Bay’s town day about everyone instead without asking for permission or caring what anyone else in town thought about it… Though maybe I’m misremembering the special, I only watched it once when it came out.
As for Squidward, I (somehow) never watched Spongebob though I’ve heard how badly he’s treated. Gotta admit that’s one weird thing to choose about a character or a story, but it’s not like I have (professional) writing experience or even see the point of butt monkeys.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide